Yosemite 10.10.3 on Asus P5KPL-AM EPU

rashan

8 posts in this topic

Just installed Niresh Yosemite 10.10.3 on my machine! :)

The specs are as follows:
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM EPU
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2,6 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
GPU: Geforce 8600 GT 256 MB
Chipest: Intel G31

This is not a guide, just a report of what I did and how I did it when installing Yosemite on my PC.
It's also me asking for help with getting sleep to work properly :3

My procedure:
1 Followed instructions for setting up the usb drive from the site where Niresh 10.10.1 distro is posted. (Don't want to link to it because I don't know if it's allowed)
Format drive to two equal 150GB partitions, first is HFS+ and second is NTFS for Windows. 30GB unformatted and 1GB reserved.
Didn't change any settings while installing.
2 Boot through USB and let the post-install script run until it's finnished.
Installed chameleon with Chameleon Wizard.
3 Follow onscreen instructions for solving the App Store issue:
remove ethernet in System Settings and leave it like that for 5 minutes then reboot and setup ethernet in settings again.
4 Fix volume control issue with the fix below.
5 Install 10.10.3 update from App Store. After two test reboots it's still working.
6 Install Windows 10 build 10130.
7 Attempt to boot via USB ends up in a black screen (ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin..)
8 Attempt to boot with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v" succeeds with super slow graphics.
9 Change ...Boot.plist to use Nvidia ROM and skip Intel and AMD gfx.
10 Reinstall Chameleon with Chameleon Wizard.
11 Reboot two times for testing - all is good and even Sleep kind of works (display can now sleep AND wake up, pc seems to be awake all the time)
12 Reboot into Windows.
13 Reboot into OSX, black screen is back.
14 Boot with "kext-dev-mode=1" all seems to be ok.
15 Set "dart=0" and "kext-dev-mode=1" in ..Boot.plist with Chameleon wizard
16 Reboot, black screen again
17 Boot with "kext-mode-dev=1" again, seems my ..Boot.plist is ignored
18 Check Chameleon Wizard, everything is like I left it in #15
19 Open ..Boot.plist in /Extra
20 Turns out Chameleon Wizard saved it like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
Instead of:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

21 Decided to delete "dart=0" (it should be enabled by default anyway) and only leave "kext-dev-mode=1"
22 Did five test runs with reboots into Windows and back, everything is working like it should. Sleep still seems to be half working though. The fan doesn't spin loudly and display wakes up like it should but pc sounds like it's turned on.
Finally, I set RealTimeIsUniversal in Windows for time fix.

End result:
Windows 10 and OSX 10.10.3 successfully booting
Sleep is kind of (?) working, any help would be appreciated.

---------
Fix for volume problem, posted at tony's mac x 86 site, posted by user "Frontier314":

1. Set the volume to max both on System Volume settings and VoodooHDA preferences pane (the PCM output in particular).
2. Open the Terminal and go to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents directory.
3. Type the command: sudo nano -w Info.plist.
4. Press CONTROL-W (^W for search) and search for the string "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" (without the quotes). Change the value from false to true. Save the file.
5. Fix your permitions and clear your caches.
6. Reboot the system. Volume controls now work

Tags for search engines:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed
fix for the black screen yosemite 10.10.3 

Asus P5KPL-AM EPU

Here's an update. I've installed Windows 10 build 10130 and of course it installs it's own bootloader. But I thought I could still boot OSX via usb.

And to a certain extent that's true. But then it just goes to a black screen and the last thing you see is this:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out

Screenshot: m3LVoNN.jpg

EDIT: Read op

Niresh Tony & Company is the big {censored} and is not borne by the comunity Hackintosh . go on a tour here:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/301-technical-faq/

What do you mean? They're the big what? What do you mean with "borne"?

are you here for support or complain? there is no place in internet that have even a fraction of the information we have here. instead of reading the tons of guides and sub-foruns from here, you go to tony´s site and get back here to brag about it. come on.

do you at least read why tony site and its tools are forbidden here? unbelievable. you are here since 09 and act this way.

are you here for support or complain? there is no place in internet that have even a fraction of the information we have here. instead of reading the tons of guides and sub-foruns from here, you go to tony´s site and get back here to brag about it. come on.

do you at least read why tony site and its tools are forbidden here? unbelievable. you are here since 09 and act this way.

At first I came to report about a successful install and ask for help about sleep. But, after updating to 10.10.3 I just needed help. :)
Google helped me, and most info regarding my problem was coming from that site. I don't know if it's Google's fault or if people on tony's site are just more helpful. Because the noob that was asking noob questions over there got tons of helpful replies and what I'm saying is that this site could use some of that readyness to help.
As for reading tons of guides, I had a 48 hour deadline to get it running. Why do you think I chose to get a distro instead of doing it the "vanilla" DIY way?
Because that would mean I have to read tons of guides for which I didn't have time considering the deadline that I had.
Itt if you didn't get hostile, because of a magical trigger word (tony, niresh), and just shared the vast knowledge that you posses, this site would end up higher than his in Google's results.
I certainly wasn't bragging, I just found it ironic considering your overly dramatic signature "Save OSX86... Don't Let Tony win!" as if he's killing hackintosh meantime his site ends up keeping my hackintosh alive :D
Instead of acting all high and mighty you could've just thrown me a link about the drama, because OBVIOUSLY I don't know anything about it. And maybe, just maybe, you could've actually tried to help :o . God forbid :D .