Noob Question Here

Stu Parker

7 posts in this topic

I took it upon myself to try and make a Hackintosh from my old i3 Gateway laptop.  I have downloaded iATKOS_S3_version2 from the usual sources and tried to boot the DVD on the laptop.  It flashes the mac spash screen for about a second then goes into a boot loop.  I am assuming at this point I did something wrong and and not sure what.  Any assistance would be grand...

Thanks

I have an i3 Laptop too. it has an i3-350M. If you have the same Generation of processor (i3-3xxM) I can help you, so please post your CPU model. Also post your graphics and other specs please. If your specs are like mine I can help you get Mavericks or.. *sigh* Yosemite working.

-Matt

I have an i3 Laptop too. it has an i3-350M. If you have the same Generation of processor (i3-3xxM) I can help you, so please post your CPU model. Also post your graphics and other specs please. If your specs are like mine I can help you get Mavericks or.. *sigh* Yosemite working.

-Matt

I have the same processor.....Plus Intel HD Graphics.....4GB DDR3 Ram.....What else you need to know?

1 - If you have problems during the boot, use -v boot-argument. And if stops in some line, take a photo and post here.

2 - For this kind of Intel HD, read this (read please) : [GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

I have no issues setting it up on my Virtual Box.  I am trying to get it so I can turn my laptop into a Hackintosh.  I can download the installer for Yosemite however I am not sure how to create a USB boot device.  0000-1248 said he could get me going so I am hoping he can.