Ozmosis UEFI bios modding guide

Pavo

45 posts in this topic

Hi All 

As you can see from the screenshot i have tried to convert kext file to ffs to and to bios. have converted  kext but when i have added to bios comes up as DXE driver not ffs

why is it not stay a ffs file

post-342888-0-07245500-1467480620_thumb.png

Use my kext2ffs

Hi All 

As you can see from the screenshot i have tried to convert kext file to ffs to and to bios. have converted  kext but when i have added to bios comes up as DXE driver not ffs

why is it not stay a ffs file

Say which CPU you have? How much core have?

@crusher. thank you for sharing your Kext2Ffs tool that worked first try. as you can see from the screen shot . i'm undecided what cpu to use. i have a Xeon E5-2603. Quad core. i was going to try it with.

i have set the default plist to a mac 6.1.  i should have my motherboard back sometime next week and i was just setting myself up. trying out these wonderful bios tools. the all the developers have made for us to use (Thanks to all the back ground boys and girls) i have add the latest  bios attempt. for you to glance at if you have a spare moment

Best Regards

Graham

post-342888-0-34902900-1467574943_thumb.png

Sabertooth x 79 Ozmosis. version.2 .zip

• 2 months later...

I can't find FileSystem in my Bios from Asus X99 Deluxe. May be the name is difriend in my case...? 

Can someone look to my bios to check this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7741v7hb0wlhaw1/X99-DELUXE-ASUS-3301.zip?dl=0

Looks like X99 doesn't have Filesystem module, but does look like you have EXFAT which you could replace with EnhancedFAT:

EtXBpjb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried this with a GA-B85M-DS3H-A

Bios Version = F2

Followed the recipe in the first post but file size is too large.

After saving the cooked up Bios and trying to flash it, Gigabyte q-flash tells me that the file size is too large. 

Files attached in zip:

Original Bios attached = B85MD3HA.F2

Cooked up bios attached = B85MD3HA_2.F2

Why am doing wrong here?

Original file size 4.2MB - Cooked File size 8.4MB

B85M-DS3H-A_OZ.zip

current fakesmc with AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy with config2 changed to none for black screen on nv cards with Imac 15/17 smbios and AmdBaffinGraphicsAccelerator for amd rx cards so no editing to S/L/E needed edited by me.    

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkdjxym1v6pdu70/FakeSMC.ffs.zip?dl=0

FakeSMC.ffs.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried to make a custom OzmosisDefaults.ffs file and rebooting I just can't get into the Oz boot menu like before. Just doesn't load up.  Only thing different is that I added csr-active-config string with data value of <67000000>. Thats not working either. Swear something doesn't add up.

Thanks

:(

• 10 months later...