HP Pavilion DV7t-7000 CTO Quad Entertainment PC running 10.10...W.I.P.

omnis

1 post in this topic

Hello there people. I am very excited to have a working hackintosh booting from one of my partitions on my MBR formatted drive. Getting it to boot is another story in and of itself. I can use VMware to access the raw disk and get video working that way. Or, I can use my bootable Yosemite install USB to launch it up without VMware assistance and so long as I use cpus=1 and kext-dev-mode=1 it will boot all the way. The funny thing is that I can't get my native laptop display up, but I can pipe it over to my TV via HDMI. Where I'm living right now, we only have an old CRT TV so I have set up a little converter box from HDMI to Composite and I can see the video, but the TV has such {censored}-poor quality that I can't manage to make out words and tiny things very well. It just lacks the definition. This results in me staying inside my safe little comfortable windows box emulating my Mac experi3nce which I find most unsatisfactory. There's just such a different feeling when you're really riding on the system from it's lower level structure and that brings my heart great joy. It is still fun and amazing to be working within the strange level of abstraction that VMware provides, but it definitely slows performance and makes it uncomfortable and less than practical for achieving my ultimate goal... producing music using Logic Pro on my hackintosh. I prefer using CUDA with my GeForce 650M (2GB) and I think has far better performance than the Intel HD 4000 graphics which is a terrible pain to get working. I have experienced completely sub-par, sluggish results with that and have pretty much decided is {censored}. I'm not entirely convinced that it is {censored} however, I may have just crappily set it up and been running shotty drivers/kexts or whatever. Ideally I would like to use the two together as windows does quite well. Jeez... This has turned into an essay, but better to write and share my experience rather than chasing my tail in the rat race of unworking and uncompatible kexts. It truly has been a nightmare that has taken a {censored} ton of determination and commitment to be patient enough to bother with. I guess it is just something I'm passionate about. Getting things to work that don't seem like they should. I do the same thing when I produce music and it certainly can also yield sub-par results. Haha. Anyway. I am doing all of this on my HP Pavilion DV7t-7000 CTO Quad Entertainment PC running OS X 10.10 and just being an OS whore. I have a 1TB HDD devoted to my Multiple OSs and whatever OS I feel like playing with the most for the week. The other 1TB HDD is consecrated as my W1nD0zE b0x. This really has turned into a bit of a rant, but I have been chasing my tail for hours trying to extract and compile a working DSDT with appropriate patches and have worked myself into a tizzy which has led me to this point. Thankfully I am merely venting about it and not going completely MAD!!! Okay, well maybe I am going completely mad, but who really cares at this point... it's too late now bwa-hah-hah! (*maniacly and insidiously laughing to myself*). So the System Board is an A5F92AV and as you can my system is entirely bored. So, it has come to this. I am reaching out to share my craziness with others partly for amusement and mostly out of shear desperation! The Processor is an Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (64-bit of course). I'm not sure whether it's Mac, Windows, Linux or myself who is activated at this point. I hope this was at least entertaining to someone and if anyone has any pointers as to how to get my crazy Mac side running better (display-wise/DSDT-wise) I'll love you forever. We may actually have to have strange alien cross-OS-ed computer babies if you help me. Hrmm... oh, wait. No. No... scratch the last part now it's just me being outlandish and weird agian, but I digress. Cheers! Ah yes - and a side note... If you know the correct syntax to get Grub2 to get my Mac booting from it's MBR formatted partition that I don't want to mess up with GPT madness... Then I will pray that a single unicorn will descend from the heavens and grant you one wish... What would you wish for? LMFAO ok I'm really done now. Please forgive my strange sense of humor.