MacPro6,1 USB FIX El Capitan (Final App store realease) Updated 7 oct. 2015

stinga11

66 posts in this topic

Well, After a long frustrating week of search a solution, I finally found it. I will not going into details of how I fixed it, if you want to know what I did, review the two dummy Kext.

1. Install and boot Mac OS X El capital using a iMac13,2 definition.

2. Download the two dummy kexts and put into the /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions 10.11 MacPro6,1 USB FIX.zip

3. Download InsanelyRepairPermission and repair and touch with

sudo InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /

4. Change the iMac13,2 definition to MacPro6,1 definition. Now all USB 2.0 should be working properly.

5. When you switch to MacPro6,1 definition you may not be able to boot your Hackintosh, because the monitor turns off after the boot process. How to solve this problem? Easy, boot with this boot-args: nv_disable=1, then go to  System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/ copy the info.plist to Desktop and change:

<key>ConfigMap</key>
<dict>
    <key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
    <string>Config1</string>
</dict>

To

<key>ConfigMap</key>
<dict>
    <key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
    <string>none</string>
</dict> 

Then replace the original info.plist with the modified version.

Now you need run again the InsanelyRepairPermissionThis part of work would not have been possible without the Pikeralpha

OR

Change your graphics information on the DSDT to GFX1

Device (GFX1)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x0A)
                            {
                                "@0,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@1,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@2,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@3,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }

Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
            }

If you dont want to use a DSDT you can create a SSDT with your graphics information.

ALL credits for this part goes to shilohhh

If your motherboard has a FL1009 USB 3.0 I made a dummy kext for this chipset.

EDIT:

October 7,2015

I edited the kext to fix the problem that when you connect an external drive doesn't show the orange color. Thanks to polyzargone

• Like 3

Well, After a long frustrating week of search a solution, I finally found it. I will not going into details of how I fixed it, if you want to know what I did, review the two dummy Kext.

1. Install and boot Mac OS X El capital using a iMac13,2 definition and the following boot-args: kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0.

2. Download the two dummy kexts and put into the /System/Library/Extensions attachicon.gifEl Capitan DP1 MacPro6 USB Fix.zip

3. Download and run it.

4. Change the iMac13,2 definition to MacPro6,1 definition. Now all USB 2.0 should be working properly.

EDIT:

It is possible that when you switch to MacPro6,1 definition you may not be able to boot your Hackintosh, because the monitor turns off after the boot process. How to solve this problem? Easy, boot with this boot-args: nv_disable=1, then you need to download this file attachicon.gif10.11Info.plist.zip and replace it with the original here System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/

Now you need run again the caches_rebuild.command

About the AGDP patch, there's a file in the Download section that automatically patches it to avoid black screen, FYI

config2.plist.zipHey stinga11 I'm trying to install 10.11 on my asus sabertooth x79 but the installer is not activating my usb2 so when i boot the installer i can't move the mouse or the keyboard that is connected on usb port...

is there a way to maybe to install your kext to the OS X base system somehow.. i don't know much terminal or commands unfortunately but i tried to do cp-r the kext to the base system and i didn't work..

anyway i have created 10.11 installer on my SSD on a small 7gig partition and that is pretty nice and fast to boot the installer in 1 minute now i just need to install the damn thing :(

using Clover_v2.3k_r3215 and basic config settings.. btw i had to disable usb3 make the boot kp..

Ok i did this instead... cloned my 10.10 to a new partition and installed 10.11 from there so i didn't need to do much with mouse or keyboard and the installer finished well but now still after these steps above no usb2 support ??

how do i install these kext from my 10.10 desktop and run the commands instead..?

I kind first drag and drop ur kext to 10.11 Extensions and then with terminal did cd to the Extension folder on 10.11 and did  caches_rebuild.command manually but still maybe i did something wrong.. because there is no usb2 support...

and i removed my DSDT and SSDT from clover so i should not need the other steps right ?

Ok i did this instead... cloned my 10.10 to a new partition and installed 10.11 from there so i didn't need to do much with mouse or keyboard and the installer finished well but now still after these steps above no usb2 support ??

how do i install these kext from my 10.10 desktop and run the commands instead..?

I kind first drag and drop ur kext to 10.11 Extensions and then with terminal did cd to the Extension folder on 10.11 and did  caches_rebuild.command manually but still maybe i did something wrong.. because there is no usb2 support...

and i removed my DSDT and SSDT from clover so i should not need the other steps right ?

Hey pal, You are a lucky guy because I have a dsdt and ssdt for you rig. put these file in acpi patched folder into EFI partition,  install and boot with iMac13,2 definition and then, download the dummy kext and run cache command file and switch to MacPro6,1 definition should be fine

saber x79 3930k.zip

• 2 months later...

@ Rampage Dev, i use gigabyte x79 ud3 motherboard to install 10.11 GM with big question about USB device. I must need disable all the usb 3.0 in Bios and than allow me to install the mac os. However, after installing. All of the USB 2.0 cannot be used. So, i cannot use my mouse and my keyboard, i cannot log in to 10.11. Could you mind give me some solutions to try ;P Many thanks

Why not inject El Capitan DP1 MacPro6 USB Fix.zip by Clover? 

I think that it is much easier and more correct than to switch iMac13,2 definition. Last Clover injects to El Capitan FakeSMC with Sensors, Ethernet kexts, VoodooHDA without problems and without any boot-args like kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0

And it would be logical to write AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to FakeSMC (like AGMP) or use plist patching by Clover.

I added all of these fixes, AGMP (iMac13.2 and MacPro6.1) and Marvell 88SE9172 sata controller to last FakeSMC with sensors from Kozlek

to get working AGMP

• for Nvidia Gt(X) 640/650/670/680/690/770/780/TITAN (Kepler) Change 1004 to the Device ID of your GPU or use FakeID by Clover
  • for Nvidia Gt(X) 465/470/480/560/570/580/590/610/620/630 (Fermi) Change 0fe0 to the Device ID of your GPU or use FakeID by Clover

Use last Clover rev.3263 to install El Capitan

FakeSMC.kext.zip

post-2281-0-96255200-1442490831_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi stinga11,

I have Rampage Extreme IV motherboard with AMD R9-290x GPU.

I have tried your DP1 Fix on OSX El Captain General Master, after reboot form IMac13,2 >> MacPro 6,1 unfortunately ther's no connection with the USB2.0 ports like mouse and keyb.

(remotely connected) I cant's see nothing in sys info about USB 2.0 bus. (USB Device tree empty). Reading the reply from [david_osx] somethings telling me there is a update of your fix, where is it. If there is not, sorry for bothering you ;)  

Hi stinga11,

I have tried your DP1 Fix on OSX El Captain General Master, after reboot form IMac13,2 >> MacPro 6,1 unfortunately ther's no connection with the USB2.0 ports like mouse and keyb.

(remotely connected) I cant's see nothing in sys info about USB 2.0 bus. (USB Device tree empty). Reading the reply from [david_osx] somethings telling me there is a update of your fix, where is it. If there is not, sorry for bothering you ;)

Hey try with this version. I update the three dummy kext for El capitan GM when captitan release I update the OP.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tqppbps1pjmk9m/Archive.zip

Hi stinga11,

If you want properly inject AMD R9-290x with inject=Ati=yes in clover you must use v3265 

https://applelife.ru/threads/clover.42089/page-339#post-543317

If you want properly inject AMD R9-290x with inject=Ati=yes in clover you must use v3265 

https://applelife.ru/threads/clover.42089/page-339#post-543317

Hi tChibo,

My R9-290x MSI Gaming edition working fine with Baladi FB and custom ATI Connector Patch (Clover) poked by myself, using LED Cinema Display trough mini Display Port), no special Clover v3265 needed. I'm on 3259 now

System information actually reports "AMD Readon R9 290X 4096 MB" instead of "AMD Readon HD8xxx 4096 MB"

But anyway thanks for your information, I will have  a look trough but Russia native language is abracadabra for me  ;)

post-576801-0-69435600-1442581131_thumb.jpg

Hey try with this version. I update the three dummy kext for El capitan GM when captitan release I update the OP.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tqppbps1pjmk9m/Archive.zip

Thank you very much  stinga11,

I will give this version a try, let you all know, at he moment default install (SMBios MacPro 6,1) I have only USB 2.0 PCI 8086, 1d26 working,  PCI 8086, 1d2d not working.

Update: Working now with latest FIX and IMac 13,2 >> MacPro 6,2 procedure (not exactly clear why first install under SMBios IMac13,2, must be something related to hardware profile i Gues?)

post-576801-0-98760900-1442578776_thumb.jpg

post-576801-0-58910400-1442578804_thumb.jpg

x79 DMG has updated SSDT's for Asus and Gigabyte. I need a IOREG from the other manufactures to add the patch for them as well. 

@stinga11

Email me if you have questions of how/what I did. 

Hi Andrew,

Just let you know by experience (Beta testing) the ssdt from latest X79 from date august 9 (checked if ssdt is loaded) strangely seems to support only pci8086,1d26 with (latest) fix from stinga11, NOT pci8086,1d2d unfortunately. Situation occurs If I do a clean fresh install SMBios MacPro 6,1 OR follow the procedure (Stinga Fix) SMBios IMac13,2 >> SMBios MacPro6,1.

Implement the ssdt XHCI, XHC2 (replacing EUSB, EUSE) in DSDT working for me.

Greetings, Rob

System: Rampage IV Extreme, AMD MSI R9-290x, OSX El Captain Golden Master, Clover 3259

post-576801-0-94311600-1442582189_thumb.jpg

post-576801-0-84357600-1442582239_thumb.jpg

Hi Andrew,

Just let you know by experience (Beta testing) the ssdt from latest X79 from date august 9 (checked if ssdt is loaded) strangely seems to support only pci8086,1d26 with (latest) fix from stinga11, NOT pci8086,1d2d unfortunately. Situation occurs If I do a clean fresh install SMBios MacPro 6,1 OR follow the procedure (Stinga Fix) SMBios IMac13,2 >> SMBios MacPro6,1.

Implement the ssdt XHCI, XHC2 (replacing EUSB, EUSE) in DSDT working for me.

Greetings, Rob

System: Rampage IV Extreme, AMD MSI R9-290x, OSX El Captain Golden Master, Clover 3259

attachicon.gifUSB2 1d26.jpg

attachicon.gifIOREG 1d26.jpg

Hey, Yoy can not combine the SSDT fix by Rampagedev with my Kext fix if you want use the SSDT by Rampagedev and my fix together you need edit the SSDT and delete the USB fix and then you can use both at the same time.

What motherboard do you have???

Send me the ssdt for check it and edit for you

Hey, Yoy can not combine the SSDT fix by Rampagedev with my Kext fix if you want use the SSDT by Rampagedev and my fix together you need edit the SSDT and delete the USB fix and then you can use both at the same time.

What motherboard do you have???

Send me the ssdt for check it and edit for you

Hi Stinga11,

I have Rampage IV extreme, same as you i guess >> My config > System: Rampage IV Extreme, AMD MSI R9-290x, OSX El Captain Golden Master, Clover 3259

Im using ssdt from Andrew (Rampagedev) latest X79 Package in folder  [R4E V2.2/AMD] june 22 >> here (official link from Rampagedev)

Thanks for your help, which is great.

PS> Without your fix, and only ssdt from Andrew (Rampagev) USB2.0 there is only working one USB Bus 1d26.

Hi Stinga11,

I have Rampage IV extreme, same as you i guess >> My config > System: Rampage IV Extreme, AMD MSI R9-290x, OSX El Captain Golden Master, Clover 3259

Im using ssdt from Andrew (Rampagedev) latest X79 Package in folder  [R4E V2.2/AMD] june 22 >> here (official link from Rampagedev)

Thanks for your help, which is great.

PS> Without your fix, and only ssdt from Andrew (Rampagev) USB2.0 there is only working one USB Bus 1d26.

Hey, I leave here my DSDT, delete the rampagedev ssdt and add only the ssdt for speedtep and my DSDTRampage IV DSDT.zip

Hey, I leave here my DSDT, delete the rampagedev ssdt and add only the ssdt for speedtep and my DSDTattachicon.gifRampage IV DSDT.zip

Hi stinga11, unfortunately i can't boot from your dsdt due to different hardware config, although i get the picture by understanding your dsdt what's need for properly working USB2.0. I'm digging trough to understand your FIX, for so far so good, thank you for you help, really appreciated.

Update:

Well this looks pretty cool to me  :thumbsup_anim:

post-576801-0-02716400-1442596125_thumb.jpg

• Like 1