Repair clover after installing Desktop (instead of laptop) Audio

mcfee03

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

After being badly advised in the IRC, I am no longer able to boot into OSX. This was right after I installed the AppleHDA.kext and toledo's "audio_realtekALC-100_v1.04d.command". 

Apple gets stuck loading after about a minute. Here is the "-v" output of it.

Verbose output (installer & OSX recovery):

141322d1434603950t-clevo-p650se-sager-np

"-V" output for the OSX stops at: "NVDA: disabled by nv_disable=1 boot-arg". I also note that before that, it says "Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 413". This is the same message I get when trying to load OSX recovery and the USB OSX installer.

For some reason, the OSX itself says it's "Hibernated". The "-v" output on that is a blank screen with a white underscore. Rebooting from hibernation never worked- but I could always boot the recovery OSX, then reboot OSX normally after.

I can boot via Clover on my USB stick-so I just need to 'repair' the clover on my hard drive.

Any help is much apprecaited. Thanks

Hi,

1. You could just replace the clover files on your HDD with the USB contents. 

2. When on the OS selection screen, select OS X, press space, and select "cancel hibernate wake" 

3. Be sure to have the boot argument: kext-dev-mode=1

Can you also provide some details about your system? 

• Like 1

Thanks.

1. Replacing Clover is my last resort- it took my a long time to get everything working (like iMessage/graphics etc). Is there a way just to keep the stuff that relates to iMessage/facetime etc?

2. Thanks for the tip on OS hibernation- just tried it but it still boots to a blank screen. Same happened when I tried booting without kexts/patches.

3. Where do I put the boot argument "kext-dev-mode=1"?

Build is the Clevo P650SE (NP8651) laptop on Clover (10.10.3). i7 4720MQ, Intel 4600 running Windows 8.1 also.

Hi,

About point  one, it can only be done by comparing the 2 config.plists and change them accordingly. You can also attach them here.

About the boot arguments in the config.plist: 

Example

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>-v dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DefaultLoader</key>
		<string>boot.efi</string>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>LastBootedVolume</string>
		<key>Secure</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
	</dict>

Or at boot, press the O key, there you can also change some settings, but they are not permanent ( Good for testing.)

Thanks.

I tried uploading my config.plist but it tells me "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file". So I zip'd them both.

What are the boot arguments for? I haven't encoutered/used them before I think.

It was an example of where to place them. kext-dev-mode=1 allows loading of 3rd party kexts.

To upload files here, they either need to be zipped, in txt or image format. 

Can you also provide the USB config for comparison ?

Okay-

From memory the changes I made were:

• iMessage (changed to real MLB/serial, and changed a few other files in the system/library)
  • Changed ig-platform-id to "0xa2e0008"
  • Added info to "kexts and patches" to get 5Ghz working (and handoff I think)

My current problems (all used to work):

• iMessage not working
  • Graphics garbelled in places

Ongoing issues (didn't work before):

• Bluetooth (semi-working- needed to be tested)
  • Microphone

Can I retain all this? I roughly understand the config.plist. As long as I add betweent <dict> and </dict> will it matter where I place the text?

I've just pulled up my old config next to the new config (both loaded in Clover Configurator).

I copied info from one plist to another but it feels like the changes aren't actually happening. For example- I tried fixing:

• iMessage (changed to real MLB/serial)
  • Changed ig-platform-id to "0xa2e0008", added FakePCID and FakePCID_4600 kext's

Neither issue is fixed. Graphics still glitchy (very buggy when typing/scrolling) and iMessage isn't working.

Am I missing something obvious? 

Ok so it is all related to Clover.

I booted Clover from my USB and I could get into OSX. However, in trying to repair the config.plist I broke Clover on my USB.

Clover still boots- but I think its' broken as the GUI is has changed to a very ugly looking boot-system. And it just goes black when trying to load OSX. 

I'm trying to re-install Clvoer to get it all working again.