iPhone 4S + iOS 9 = Bad decision

Allan

10 posts in this topic

Yeah i know that iOS 9 is a beta version, but is good we know if make upgrade is a good idea  :)

The good thing with iOS 9, is that this system now requires 1.8 GB of space, versus 4.6 GB of previous versions...

well... let's wait for the public beta or better: the final release before jumping to conclusions.

my gf's 4S is {censored}ting the bed anyway now with iOS 7 - I think it's time for an upgrade...

My iPad 2 is handling iOS 9 pretty well considering it's the first beta and the slowest supported hardware. I've seen some crashes here and there and it slows down sometimes but it seems to perform better than iOS 8.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just remember it is called Beta for a reason ;) .

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic:

I have it (iOS 9.0.1) on my iPhone 5 and tried it with friend's 6 and 6s. Same story with all three phones.

If you don't mind occasional animation glitch, few second app freeze here and there and (but it happened only once) audio cloud in iMessage text box then it's great! :)

Frankly it still feels like Beta. Good Beta but still...

We run MMD(Mobile management) for our deployed iPhones, and for our users right now I have them on 8.4. For what we use, 8.4 has been the best performing and most stable release. They cannot update to iOS 9 since I have it disabled for our devices. There has been a couple that have tried to put it in DFU mode and restore that way, but when they boot up the device for the first time it's locked due to trying to go around MMD orders. 

I have a test 6+ with 9.0.1, and an Ipad Mini 3 with 9.0.1 and they run nice and the smaller file size is nice. But I have encountered to many problems with some of the app pushing and definition terms in MMD with it.

My person phone is still on 8.4 due to jailbreak.