Future of Hackintoshing

48 posts in this topic

I'm starting to worry about it when they announced the first ARM processor machine.

I've heard of this matter since the release of OS X Mavericks.

Nothing so far...

• Like 2

because hackintosh is a small community compared to the main stream it doesn't present an issue to anyone, conversely, many hack users have moved to Apple machines for the easy of use and function it provides. The future I see is a convergence of desktops, laptops and mobile devices that will reduce the need for desktops for a majority of users, leaving just the few engineers that need power and flexibility of desktop/rack mounted computers.

but then again, what ever..

Apple will lose countless customers if they ever switch to ARM Macs, so I don't think they will take the risk.

I've heard the same thing when they switched from PPC to intel.

• Like 6

For now, Apple product is non swap components( such as gpu, cpu,) as the new Mac Pro release, as they are aware of free be. So hackintosh is still a hack because of its performance to apple one. The ipad is stay alone because it had A chip on it. So far from snow leopard, they add more layers to make hackintosh is more difficult as later version release.

So if you have your hack, for now enjoy it.

I have no doubt that Apple will eventually transition to the ARM chip for all products. If it is true that they are going to use that chip on a new iPad called the iPad Pro (hint - that runs MacoS X)

We will see how long it takes for them to transition all their products to the ARM chip.

If Apple will make some changes, please go to AMD CPUs   :P

it will be better if they buy amd. then i support it. for real macs, of course. but i think there is no interest in change. apple and intel are the best apple ever had. financially and all.

• Like 1

Apple will lose countless customers if they ever switch to ARM Macs, so I don't think they will take the risk. It's the age of Tim Cook, not Steve Jobs, so innovation is the past, profit is the present

intel cpu's are not the moste powerful cpu's 

there are arm soc's with 128 core's @3 Ghz which kill every intel server cpu ;-) 

AND 

Apple bought companies which builded customized arm/ppc cpu 1 year AFTER they switched to intel ;-)

this companies now develope the Ax processors.

(but they are not the guys with the 128 core monster ^^)

1+

• Like 1

Apple will lose countless customers if they ever switch to ARM Macs, so I don't think they will take the risk. It's the age of Tim Cook, not Steve Jobs, so innovation is the past, profit is the present

It would be one heck of a transition if they do such a thing. And a costly one at that.

LOL AMD CPUs would be a nice idea.So we can run APUs with GPU support ^_^

• Like 1

Let's send a email for Tim Cook  :P

"Tim Cook in the next OS X version (10.12) we want support for AMD CPUs, and that's not an option..."

After that, the FBI will ring my bell.  :(

• Like 4

Let's send a email for Tim Cook  :P

"Tim Cook in the next OS X version (10.12) we want support for AMD CPUs, and that's not an option..."

After that, the FBI will ring my bell.  :(

I think contacting first to Taylor Swift might help. 

• Like 7

intel cpu's are not the moste powerful cpu's 

there are arm soc's with 128 core's @3 Ghz which kill every intel server cpu ;-) 

AND 

Apple bought companies which builded customized arm/ppc cpu 1 year AFTER they switched to intel ;-)

this companies now develope the Ax processors.

(but they are not the guys with the 128 core monster ^^)

I want what you are smoking. Arm tried to promote ARM powerd microservers and with not much sucess. 

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/187513-why-apple-wont-dump-intel-x86-for-its-own-arm-chips-in-macbooks-and-the-mac-pro

Also please show us the benchmarks where a "128 core 3 ghz Arm chip" unless you are talking about the X-Gene SoC.. http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/03/10/applied-micros-x-gene-is-no-match-for-intel-corpor.aspx

• Like 4