How to custom install Osx 10.10.x with clover

1 post in this topic

Hello Everyone. I'm new to the forum and after a successfull install of Osx 10.x (Mavericks first, then Yosemite using one of the available 'distro' out there) on my PC, I'd like to put togheter a custom usb installer for the latter Os using Clover.

I've already experimented with the original app from Apple Download Center and the last Clover build to date, following one of the guides available online (tonymacx86.org, if i am correct), but although the bootloader starts succesfully it seems to hang after a while forcing me to reboot the Pc.

I've followed the faq to the letter, so, in my opinion, it's either it missing some detail, or my install environment missing some kext. My custom system specs are as follows (well, mostly):

Cpu : Intel Core Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz

MB :  Asus P5Q Pro

GPU: Shapphire Radeon HD 6450 1GB

Net:   Atheros AR8120/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

Audio: HDAudio (ID: 0x10EC0888 - Realtek ALC-1200 i think!)

Bios settings: AHCI, VT Enabled (worked fo me!) etc.

Kext added to clover after usb install : FakeSMC, NullCPUManagement, AtherosLc1Ethernet plus HFSPlus.efi (no DSDT, SSDT)

Lastly, to be more specific on what i'm asking here: do i need to put some extra kexts on clover install to let it recognise the system it is running on, or that's a more post-intall related issue?

Thanks in advance.