Minor install issue of EC

5 posts in this topic

I have a solid yosemite install and just leave the boot loader usb stick in a slot and boot to my tower that way.

now , I installed the EC ( dmg from torrent site ) using super duper. It renames the stick to OS X Base System. Okay, I think so far so good.  :)

Now, when I boot with my yosemite stick and choose the new el capital stick I get this error

Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/Kernel

I know it's my fault, i'm just wondering what my next step is. In the mean time I am searching around these parts for clues.

System:

Supermicro X8DT3

Dual Xeon X5650

128 gig ddr3

too many SSD / HDD to list

650 TI

TC Electronic and Steinberg firewire audio interfaces

for the Kernel look here:             #83             (post #83) follow picture instructions 

Make sure you made your bootable drive/partition correctly. You can reference this site for more info: http://www.firewolf....-on-hackintosh/

If you get a kernel panic on boot, you may have to disable USB3 in your BIOS. If your info is current and you are still using the DP35DP motherboard, you should be okay.

• 9 months later...

Hi, sorry to bother you but I have the same motherboard as you. I usually tried mountain lion (that works not bad) and Mavericks (LAN problems. doesn't work even though LAN ports are detected).

You wrote you have a solid Yosemite install, does it mean your system is stable and all features are working well ? I'm also in audio production and I would like to be sure that upgrade will work fine.

How about kernel panics ? USB and LAN ports ?

Do you use Chameleon or Clover bootloaders ?

thanks for your answer and sorry for bothering your thread.