[Request] to patch this DSDT

Prasys

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I bought this generic no-brand laptop that has the following specifications :-

1. Intel Core i7 4650U with Intel HD 4400

The problem is when i try to compile , I am getting these errors. I have tried my best to patch em and even read Rehabman's guide and a lot of others. i just seem can't to work

I have used the latest version of maciasl (rehabman's fork) and with the latest iasl. I have attached my dsdt - along with the ssdt tables as well , along with ssdt and the errors that i am getting as well 

I have tried removing the offending method but it does not seem to have fixed it . The thing that I have left is to read the ACPI specifications to figure out on how to fix

I would appreciate any help that I can get

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20141107-64 [Jan  2 2015]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    100:                                     Store (\_SB.RDGP (0x2E, OLDV, \_SB.WTGP (0x2E, PGCE), If (LGreater (PGCD, Zero))
Error    6126 -                                                                             syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF, expecting ',' or ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    104:                                             }), If (LEqual (\_SB.RDGP (0x2E, One, Sleep (0x96), If (LEqual (
Error    6126 -                                                            syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    104:                                             }), If (LEqual (\_SB.RDGP (0x2E, One, Sleep (0x96), If (LEqual (
Error    6126 -                                                                     syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SLEEP, expecting ',' or ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    108:                                                                 }), Return (Zero))) {}), Else
Error    6126 -                                                                                syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    108:                                                                 }), Return (Zero))) {}), Else
Error    6126 -                                                                                                syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    114:                                                         Store (\_SB.RDGP (0x2C, OLDV, \_SB.WTGP (0x2C, DFUE), If (LGreater (DFUD, Zero))
Error    6126 -                                                                                                 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF, expecting ',' or ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    118:                                                                 }), Return (Zero))
Error    6126 -                                                                                syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    118:                                                                 }), Return (Zero))
Error    6126 -                                                                                                syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    124:                                                             Store (\_SB.RDGP (0x2C, DFUV, Store (\_SB.RDGP (0x2E, PGCV, Return (Package (0x02)
Error    6126 -                                                                                                           syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_RETURN, expecting ',' or ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    128:                                                                             }), Break), Return (Zero)), Return (Zero)), Return (Zero))
Error    6126 -                                                                                                                    syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    128:                                                                             }), Break), Return (Zero)), Return (Zero)), Return (Zero))
Error    6126 -                                                                                                                                    syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

Error    6126 -                                                                                                                                                    syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    131:                                                 })) {})
Error    6126 -                                                                syntax error, unexpected ')' ^ 

/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl    135: 
Error    6126 - syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input:     /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/untitled folder/System SSDT.dsl - 135 lines, 4684 bytes, 77 keywords

Compilation complete. 14 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Edit - Extracted from linux with acpidump and did iasl to merge all ssdt and dsdt , and yet it cant compile 

Attached is the dump from Linux - acpi.zip

Regards,

prasys

acpi.zip

Oh boy. I have spent hours on this and I'm going in circles. I would really appreciate some help if possible. I am attempting to compile my DSDT from what I extracted using RehabMan's "patchmatic." There are so many patches to choose from in RehabMan's MaciASL and so many options that I simply have to throw in the towel as far as doing it all by myself. I seek the counsel of you wise elder coders who are far more experienced than I. Please let me know how to proceed. My computer is an HP Pavilion DV7t-7000 CTO Quad Entertainment PC. The board is an A5F92AV. The processor is an Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz. I am running OS X 10.10. I'm not sure where to upload my extracted DSDT and will gladly do so if you can show me where it's acceptable to do so. I just need a little direction. I am mostly self taught, but also an A+ Certified Computer Repair Technician so I am only so fluent with this ASM business. Thank you for your time and consideration. I can't wait to get this problem solved and I hope it helps the next person out there with the same/similar specs. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy. I have spent hours on this and I'm going in circles. I would really appreciate some help if possible. I am attempting to compile my DSDT from what I extracted using RehabMan's "patchmatic." There are so many patches to choose from in RehabMan's MaciASL and so many options that I simply have to throw in the towel as far as doing it all by myself. I seek the counsel of you wise elder coders who are far more experienced than I. Please let me know how to proceed. My computer is an HP Pavilion DV7t-7000 CTO Quad Entertainment PC. The board is an A5F92AV. The processor is an Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz. I am running OS X 10.10. I'm not sure where to upload my extracted DSDT and will gladly do so if you can show me where it's acceptable to do so. I just need a little direction. I am mostly self taught, but also an A+ Certified Computer Repair Technician so I am only so fluent with this ASM business. Thank you for your time and consideration. I can't wait to get this problem solved and I hope it helps the next person out there with the same/similar specs. Cheers!

-

Your laptop is that not different from mine.  Just attach the DSDT.aml to you post.  Click on "More Reply Options" to give you the option to upload a file.  P.S.- you will need to put your DSDT in a zip file because .aml is a disallowed file type.