yosemite with 2 x 770 4gb

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone got two 770 4gb working in yosemite. If I have one card in the machine it boots really fast and acts flawlessly. If I have two, the card in slot 1 only allows sluggish video at low res to go out of one of the dvid. Also if I have two cards in thunderbolt doesn't seem to work- though haven't extensively tested this. Am using nvidia web drivers.

below is clover playlist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

am running out of options and if i can't get this to work will have to consider downgrading to mavericks as need both cards working. anyone got a similar build running?

system is 3770k, 32gb ram, asus p8z77-premium, 2 x gtx770 4gb, yosemite 10.10.3

I ran 2x GTX 770s for a while and GTX 770 is supported by the default NVIDIA drivers, so the Web Drivers aren't needed. No need for nvda_drv=1 either, at least in my case. I didn't have to use any form of injection since Apple's kexts NVDAStartup.kext does it for you and overrides any changes anyway. 

I had a similar issue - with 1 card it gets detected fine, but when using 2 cards, I had a 50/50 chance that the displays would get detected after booting up, and these were just the displays plugged into the first card. I didn't have any displays plugged into the second card so I don't know how that would've worked out. I never really found a fix for it other than having to remotely reboot the system and hopefully the displays would get detected the second time. It wasn't that annoying to me but it would probably frustrate some people.

So yeah, if your issue is related to mine, then I don't have an answer for you :(  I'm guessing you use SLI in other OSs so you don't want to permanently remove one of the cards.

Nawcom, thanks for reply, which installation method did you use? Frustrating thing is had no problems with mavericks. I think I mangled something post install with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. Didnt use Web drivers before, but am trying everything to make this work. Have you got any idea what might be causing this issue? Don't use sli, but need both cards for Davinci resolve.