GTX 670 issue

alfa147x

6 posts in this topic

It's been a bit since I've been hackintoshing. I have this build working with Yosemite (10.10.4) but can't seem to get my GTX670 to work with 10.10.11. 

I'm booting with the latest version of clover with no graphics injection. I have monitors connected to: HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort. When booting verbose (-v) I can see where the Nvidia drivers are loaded similarly to Yosemite but then my screen goes blank. I can see my hack show up on the network from other computers. Booting with nv_disable=1 works for me. 

Any ideas?

Alfa

Components:

• GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard 
  • Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) HD 4000 Graphics
  •  Asus GTX670 Top (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5)
  •  Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
  • CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
  • 120 GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD MacSales
  •  Seasonic SeaSonic X760 -760W 80Plus Gold Certified ATX12V PSU
  •  SilverStone RAVEN Series RV03
  •  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you've fixed your graphics problem yet but I had the same issue with my 660ti when booting with Clover. For those how don't know, the 660ti is supported natively using the built in Nvidia drivers. When I updated to the Public Beta, I was plagued with a blank screen (No Signal) on every output of my card once the system booted.

SOLUTION:

After many hours of struggle, it turned out one boot flag fixed my problems. 

rootless=0 kext-dev-mode=1

I have read that rootless=0 automatically implements kext-dev-mode=1 but I used it just to be sure.  Also, this gives me fully working USB 2.0 and 3.0, and audio once updated with toleda's new clover script.

Slowly but surely things are getting up and running. Even my MPBr had issues post installation  involving fans but that fixed itself.  :unsure:

Try using the AGDPfix.app, its in the downloads section. Use kext wizard or terminal to install on a working version of OS X. 

CCC works very well for backing up before you tinker. Good luck!