OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

Got it running with surprisingly little work.  Thank you to everyone in the community!

Clover v3215 with CSM disabled

Driver64UEFI:

emuvariableuefi-64, hfsplus, osxaptiofixdrv-64 and partitiondxe-64

Kexts:

fakesmc (6.14.1364) and appleintele1000e

bootflag rootless=0 

if you gonna use rootless=0 you also need to use kext-dev-mode=1 or there is no reason to even have rootless=0, rootless=0 just disables the integrity check on /System and changes the permissions back to root, if you need that flag you also need kext-dev-mode=1 so whatever kext you are patching will load.

• Like 1

if you gonna use rootless=0 you also need to use kext-dev-mode=1 or there is no reason to even have rootless=0, rootless=0 just disables the integrity check on /System and changes the permissions back to root, if you need that flag you also need kext-dev-mode=1 so whatever kext you are patching will load.

?? I'm now unsure about this. I still have rootless=0 as a flag. According to cindori kext-dev-mode=0 has no effect.

• Like 1

Anyone with an idea on what would be causing a IOUSBHostFamily.kext kernel panic? 

Yes, I have searched the nets for this issue, there doesn't seem to be a consensus solve.

Maybe there's something 10.11 specific.

Same here, I thought it was related to my BIOS configuration or my MB but apparently, I'm not alone. :D

I managed to update directly from Yosemite just by installing through the app store.

Before I could boot 10.11 I had to mount the EFI partition on another Mac and copy the kexts from 10.10 to a new directory 10.11.

No sound yet.

I managed to update directly from Yosemite just by installing through the app store.

Before I could boot 10.11 I had to mount the EFI partition on another Mac and copy the kexts from 10.10 to a new directory 10.11.

No sound yet.

A new OS should be considered like an update? Interesting question.

Any Ideas how I can get a GTX 980 working ? Currently it starts only with nv_disable=1 …

I guess you are screwed until NVIDIA releases its webdriver updated for 10.11... 

...if they are planning to do so.

I get error when booting into USB installer: 

AppleUSBXHCICommandRing: AppleUSBXHCICommandRing::initRegisters: command ring failed to stop
panic(cpu 3 caller 0xffffff7f959ec2a3: @/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOUSBHostFamily/IOUSBHostFamily-61.0.0....

I'm running with flags npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 -v -f (have tried without -f nothing changed) when adding -x flag I get error about Kernel Cache failing to load.

Using MB: P9x79 Deluxe

CPU: Intel 3930K (Virtualization Technology disabled in BIOS)

GPU: AMD HD7970

Booting from back usb 2.0 port and usb 2.0 flash

I have added these kexts(in multiple combinations) in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ without any change.

AMDRadeonX4000.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Maybe You have some suggestions on how to fix this, or where I'm doing something wrong?

If you have still waiting for root device while booting from usb, you have usb problems. Try on usb 2.0 ports. GenericUSBXHCI won't work on this DP.

For users with 7-series Intel USB 3.0 and Mieze's USB 3.0 DSDT patch, usb 3.0 won't work either. You can undo the DSDT patch and use Clover USB 3.0 kext patches (search for it, or you can create a config.plist with that patch from Hackintosh Vietnam Tool). In my laptop, usb 3.0 works after removing Mieze's USB 3.0 patch, add Clover kext patches, restart and it works. Note that when I install Bluetooth kexts (Broadcom) or plugging to usb 3.0 ports on boot, system will stuck at middle. Booting without devices in usb 3.0 and bluetooth kext is ok, and usb 3.0 ports work after going to desktop.

• Like 1

I guess you are screwed until NVIDIA releases its webdriver updated for 10.11... 

It's not a big Problem. Replacing the GTX 980 with a HD 5870 works good, but it's annoying in the long run. I hope Apple will update the old Drivers ( 310.42.05a43 are currently in DP1 ) in future Releases ...

It's not a big Problem. Replacing the GTX 980 with a HD 5870 works good, but it's annoying in the long run. I hope Apple will update the old Drivers ( 310.42.05a43 are currently in DP1 ) in future Releases ...

I don't believe Apple will integrate any NVIDIA driver update in the next OS X release.

Take a look to their products: Except 2 "old" iPad with Kepler discrete graphics, no single new hardware is using an NVIDIA chip.

where do i put/replace the kernel in usb installer.

there is no system/kernels there.

having lapic error,why is clover not patching it on fly

create a folder... /System/Library/Kernels/

put it as /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Clover boot without cache.

clover still NOT add patch yet.

If you have still waiting for root device while booting from usb, you have usb problems. Try on usb 2.0 ports. GenericUSBXHCI won't work on this DP.

For users with 7-series Intel USB 3.0 and Mieze's USB 3.0 DSDT patch, usb 3.0 won't work either. You can undo the DSDT patch and use Clover USB 3.0 kext patches (search for it, or you can create a config.plist with that patch from Hackintosh Vietnam Tool). In my laptop, usb 3.0 works after removing Mieze's USB 3.0 patch, add Clover kext patches, restart and it works. Note that when I install Bluetooth kexts (Broadcom) or plugging to usb 3.0 ports on boot, system will stuck at middle. Booting without devices in usb 3.0 and bluetooth kext is ok, and usb 3.0 ports work after going to desktop.

Pokenguyen what you can say about 8-series chipset. Mine is HM87 and usb ports not working well, camera not recognised, but other controllers or flash drives have been recognised.

create a folder... /System/Library/Kernels/

put it as /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Clover boot without cache.

clover still NOT add patch yet.

no dice man, some lapic panic this is.

guess will have to wait till things become more clear/or some one gets it going on a similar machine.

In my Z97 hack (see my sig) it installs just fine, with my Clover EFI folder plus the argument rootless=0. It also runs "fine": meaning that I have no issue specific to my hardware, but the system is still intrinsically very glitchy (e.g.: sound need a kext rollback) and underdeveloped (look at the awful, hideous Disk Utility), more than any past DP version I tested up to now. All in al, it's not yet worthy to have it installed, so I erased the partition I used for it, and I'll wait for the public seed to have a real sneak peak of El Capitan.

All the best!

• Like 1

no dice man, some lapic panic this is.

guess will have to wait till things become more clear/or some one gets it going on a similar machine.

Backup the org files first.

replace /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

delete /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

delete /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

re-build kernelcache before reboot. B)

• Like 1

Guys, I'm surprisely able to update El Capitan straightly from my current Yosemite without a hitch. I don't even have to install this from USB Installer although I prepared one already.

Before updating, I did the following:

1. Add `rootless=0` to boot option
  2. Create 10.11 folder in Clover kext folder, copy all existing 10.10 kexts to both 10.11 and Other folder
  3. Install El Capitan from `Install OS X 10.11 Developer Beta.app`
  4. Follow installation instruction and profit

Post Installation status:

1. Almost everything working oob after the upgrade such as graphics HD4000, memory, ssd trim enabled, wifi...
  2. USB 3.0 is working at least for me (weird???). both of my usb 3.0 flash drives are recognized properly
  3. AppleHDA need to be repatched??? (could not get my ALC892 worked so far)
  4. My first impression is openning apps noticeably faster
  5. Split View is awesome, I don't feel missing my windows 8.1 at all
  6. Openning big pdf file in Preview is not as sluggish and laggy as previous version. 

That is it for now. I can't tell you more bcoz I'm experiencing this new OS just a couple of hour, enjoy and goodluck guys