OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

hi, i attempted installing from usb.

made the usb install as follows;

restored os install system, copied packages, copied basesystem.dmg, chunklist, and payloads,installed clover 3221,

when i boot i get the lapic kernel panic, if i choose cpus=1 then hangs at fakesmckey loading....

booted with -x -v rootless=0

any hints ,suggestions. specs in sign..

yosemite boots fine

• Like 1

well i tried since 4am last night to get it to boot on my Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop and my tower PC..the laptop has intel 6 series chipset and it won't load. I used clover 3221 (special edition). it wont boot past FakeSMC loading..it halts i tried 2 config.plists..nothing works..

hi guys, 
El Captain installs just fine on the machine from my signature (just added new FakeSMC to Other folder and "rootless=0" bootflag to clover)

El Captain installed just above Yosemite.
HDMI audio works(280x) and other important things works. 

But here are some problems:

1. with Emu 0204 usb audio card -----   sound glitches and dissappearings, make this card unusable

2. Google Chrome Browser works very slow (Safari works normal)

• GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard 
  • Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) HD 4000 Graphics
  •  Asus GTX670 Top (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5)

Almost have everything working. Wifi / BT and USB sound work out of the box. The only issue is with my GPU. I can only get it to boot with "nv_disable=1". I attempted to use the  WebDriver-346.01.02f04.pkg drivers via Pacifist with no luck. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just installed El C with Clover Boot, USB, using DiskmakerX renaming the install to Yosemite,

look good, Z77X-UD5H, GTX660, Network work, try FCPX, work nice.

Don't forget to add a folder 10.11 in Clover/KEXT and put your Kext from Yosemite.

BUT, WHERE are the F..k system folder now, and Extensions ? I want to patch AppleHDA for sound for ALC898, just CAN'T.

(SORRY for my Stupid Question i forget RootLess, Solution Boot with rootless=0, Thank Netkas)

Hi everyone, just installed El C with Clover Boot, USB, using DiskmakerX renaming the install to Yosemite,

look good, Z77X-UD5H, GTX660, Network work, try FCPX, work nice.

Don't forget to add a folder 10.11 in Clover/KEXT and put your Kext from Yosemite.

BUT, WHERE are the F..k system folder now, and Extensions ? I want to patch AppleHDA for sound for ALC898, just CAN'T.

How were you able to get your GTX 660 working? Any tips?

hi alfa147x, i use clover 3215, and in bios disable video from mainboard, select only init PEG.

In clover -> Un-select any injector Video, NO nvidia, NO AMD, NO Intel, don't forget adding in KEXT/10.11

Thanks for the info. All of that looks like what I have. 

In kext/10.11 what file should I add. I have fakeSMC right now. Anything else? 

Installed with no problems with ozmosis.

Would you mind telling me how you built the USB drive?

Cause I did the "old" method (restoring Base*.dmg, copying the packages over) and I get still waiting for root device :(

Ok, running running now at 100 %, how i fix my audio, 

connect my SSD with 10.11, to my second mac with Yosemite, open terminal, and show all file, (with default write method), i use MultiB 7.3, select my audio ALC 898, and check the EFI option, because i use Clover.

Reconnect the SSD, Boot and Voila Audio is coming back.

Ok let's Resume :

1- Make a USB Boot using DiskMakerX4b4 (Change the El Capitain Install with Yosemite Install)

2 - Install Clover on the USB (like the same method for Yosemite, just add 10.11 in Kext

3- Install El Capitain, Boot with -x

4 - Install Clover in UEFI

5 - Add 10.11 in Kext and place your Kext for your MB

6 - Fix Audio with booting from Yosemite, Run Multib 7.3 and install Kext for your audio

7 - Select in Clover configurator : NO Inject Nvidia if you have Nvidia GTX

Work for me on two board, Z77X-UD5H, and Z87-HD3, Same Video card. (Nvidia GTX660)

Don't forget, El Capitain is not far away from Yosemite, if you success with Yosemite, try just harder with El Capitain.

Have you tried the createinstallmedia method?

Sadly, this did not help :(

sudo ~/Downloads/Install\ OS\ X\ 10.11\ Developer\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System --applicationpath ~/Downloads/Install\ OS\ X\ 10.11\ Developer\ Beta.app

Ok, running running now at 100 %, how i fix my audio, 

connect my SSD with 10.11, to my second mac with Yosemite, open terminal, and show all file, (with default write method), i use MultiB 7.3, select my audio ALC 898, and check the EFI option, because i use Clover.

Reconnect the SSD, Boot and Voila Audio is coming back.

Ok let's Resume :

1- Make a USB Boot using DiskMakerX4b4 (Change the El Capitain Install with Yosemite Install)

2 - Install Clover on the USB (like the same method for Yosemite, just add 10.11 in Kext

3- Install El Capitain, Boot with -x

4 - Install Clover in UEFI

5 - Add 10.11 in Kext and place your Kext for your MB

6 - Fix Audio with booting from Yosemite, Run Multib 7.3 and install Kext for your audio

7 - Select in Clover configurator : NO Inject Nvidia if you have Nvidia GTX

Work for me on two board, Z77X-UD5H, and Z87-HD3, Same Video card.

Don't forget, El Capitain is not far away from Yosemite, if you success with Yosemite, try just harder with El Capitain.

What video card?

Sadly, this did not help :(

sudo ~/Downloads/Install\ OS\ X\ 10.11\ Developer\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System --applicationpath ~/Downloads/Install\ OS\ X\ 10.11\ Developer\ Beta.app

Can you post a screenshot of how it fails? I would try placing the installer in your Applications folder. This is what mine looked like:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ 10.11\ Developer\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications//Install\ OS\ X\ 10.11\ Developer\ Beta.app --nointeraction

USB-related KP on another machine now.

What's the sha-1 of the InstallESD.dmg? I wonder if my copy is corrupt...

Same problem here, cant inject GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Panic..

USB-related KP on another machine now.

What's the sha-1 of the InstallESD.dmg? I wonder if my copy is corrupt...

MD5 (/Applications/Install OS X 10.11 Developer Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg) = eb285ae2f647a873aa7c863099178052

• Like 1

I used DiskMakerX (renamed app method from Yosemite days) followed by installing Clover SE latest version (from here) to both USB and HDD.  Last remaining issue is graphics - nVidia GTX550Ti goes to sleep during boot; however, Visiontek AMD HD5450 iSilence does not.  (Incidentally, both are supported out of the chute.)

Hardware is unchanged from Yosemite (in fact, the two share a 500GB HDD in an even split.  Clover confirms that El Cap does indeed use a rootless boot. (Via a message from the Darwin bootstrapped)

hi, i attempted installing from usb.

made the usb install as follows;

restored os install system, copied packages, copied basesystem.dmg, chunklist, and payloads,installed clover 3221,

when i boot i get the lapic kernel panic, if i choose cpus=1 then hangs at fakesmckey loading....

booted with -x -v rootless=0

any hints ,suggestions. specs in sign..

yosemite boots fine

try hp kernel, don't need cpus=1. use fakesmc v6.14.1364

kernel(10.11.dp1.15A178w.HP_lapic_native).zip

FakeSMC.v6.14.1364.zip

[edit]

create a folder... /System/Library/Kernels/

put it as /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Clover boot without cache.

[edit]

kernel used for Chameleon only if new one is ready, Clover not work now.

• Like 1

Anyone with an idea on what would be causing a IOUSBHostFamily.kext kernel panic? 

Yes, I have searched the nets for this issue, there doesn't seem to be a consensus solve.

Maybe there's something 10.11 specific.

Using clover (Legacy) 3113 with fakesmc in "other" folder as there is no 10.11 folder for kexts.

DSDT is in ACPI>Patched

SSDT in in ACPI>Patched 

Config.plist attached

config.plist.zip

Anyone with an idea on what would be causing a IOUSBHostFamily.kext kernel panic? 

Yes, I have searched the nets for this issue, there doesn't seem to be a consensus solve.

Maybe there's something 10.11 specific.

Using clover (Legacy) 3113 with fakesmc in "other" folder as there is no 10.11 folder for kexts.

DSDT is in ACPI>Patched

SSDT in in ACPI>Patched 

Config.plist attached

ALL USB devices are having issues with 10.11, they made alot of changes with all the USB kext

anyone tried a 10.10.3 USB rollback

I'll give it a go ;)

EDIT:

I replaced the 4 IOUSB kexts in EC with the 2 in YOS

with a slimmer than slim chance of working it...........

failed with exactly the same Kernel Panic

Got it running with surprisingly little work. Thank you to everyone in the community!

Clover v3215 with CSM disabled

Driver64UEFI:
emuvariableuefi-64, hfsplus, osxaptiofixdrv-64 and partitiondxe-64

Kexts:
fakesmc (6.14.1364) and appleintele1000e

Bootflag:
rootless=0

For the public beta i had to select 'inject nvidia' in the clover option menu before booting to the installer.

post-1163979-0-17262600-1433905261_thumb.png