Some feedback and question

31 posts in this topic

Clover works great on 10.11, as usual. Kext injection is working perfect, and smooth installation process.

However problem arises when I tried to install some necessary kexts.

Kext wizard still works, but only for third party kexts. Native kexts, i.e. AppleHDA.kext cannot be installed because it cannot be changed under Apple's new policy. One work through is go to Recovery mode and modify the kext there.

Other problem I met so far includes second stage glitch for Intel GPU patch seems invalid now. Broadcom94352 bluetooth firmware kext did not work either. Brightness control also went down.

Update1: native kext can be modified using boot arg: rootless=0

I've noticed the second problem as well. This reflects on applying AICPM and AppleHDA patch. (I'm assuming this can also be bypassed with a paralell installation, and copying the modified files to the main 10.11 install)

I don't know what you mean by "second stage glitch" but the Dual Link patch for HD3000 doesn't work. I've had instability with HD3000 overal. Generally gets stuck loading, because of HD3000 problems. 

版主大人好 :D

My brightness control was working but I lost bluetooth and I can't patch AppleHDA :no:

I'll try that. Thanks!

Hello!

Yeah AppleHDA and bluetooth are problematic so far.

Which GPU do you have? Do you use ACPIBacklight.kext to change brightness level?

• Like 1

Hello!

Yeah AppleHDA and bluetooth are problematic so far.

Which GPU do you have? Do you use ACPIBacklight.kext to change brightness level?

I'm on HD4600, and I used to have ACPIBacklight+Function Keys+Patched DSDT, but after updating to El Capitan brightness only works without ACPIBacklight. The binary file of AppleHDA seems to be very different from Yosemite. By the way... Where did you get the NGFF BCM94352Z?

I'm on HD4600, and I used to have ACPIBacklight+Function Keys+Patched DSDT, but after updating to El Capitan brightness only works without ACPIBacklight. The binary file of AppleHDA seems to be very different from Yosemite. By the way... Where did you get the NGFF BCM94352Z?

A laptop part store online, but not shipping to china......

What you mean by version to 999? Is it bundle version under info.plist?

Any improvement on BT ?

HandOff is broken (nowhere to be found in the binaries) : a NEW patch is needed ...

so is Second Boot Stage Graphics ... 

:wallbash:

Any improvement on BT ?

HandOff is broken (nowhere to be found in the binaries) : a NEW patch is needed ...

so is Second Boot Stage Graphics ... 

:wallbash:

Bluetooth is working now. Second boot stage is working as well. And finally I figured out the binary patch for handoff! now everything is working!

Great ! can you give us more details ?

Bluetooth you need use BTFirmwareUploader.kext, not dark void/rehabman's version until they update. Also inject your bluetooth IDs to /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext (not verified)

Second stage glitch fix: IOGraphicsFamily patch

find: 0100007517
replace: 0100007417

Handoff fix I posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/?p=2143521

• Like 2

the second stage patch is not working on the surface pro... 

it did not worked even on yosemite, I've used a perl patch, but it's no longer working on El Capitan... :(

• 2 weeks later...

the second stage patch is not working on the surface pro... 

it did not worked even on yosemite, I've used a perl patch, but it's no longer working on El Capitan... :(

Second stage patch not working for me either on my laptop.

Second stage patch not working for me either on my laptop.

If you're referring to the "boot glitch" IOGraphicsFamily patch, it requires an update. The original patch 'Find' is not present in the binary.

• 1 month later...