Spontaneous Reboots

davpel

1 post in this topic

My two-month old Hackintosh has been spontaneously rebooting approximately once every few days. No panic messages. The screen just suddenly goes dark and the system reboots to the main Clover screen. My specs are in my signature. 

I don't think it's hardware related. I've tested the memory with both rember and memtest and my ram has passed both. Also, this is a dual-boot system and I've had no similar issues on the Windows side. I thought it might have been related to a recent switch in my system definition from MacPro 3,1 to iMac 14,2, but I switched back to 3,1 and the reboots are still occurring. 

Most of the time this has occurred when the system has been up for some time and it seems to correlate to when large downloads or uploads are occurring. However, the most recent reboot occurred within 5 minutes after I booted into OSX. I grabbed the console messages from the most recent crash and it shows the following panics:

6/7/15 5:37:14.964 PM ReportPanic[4714]: Failed to connect (panicHeaderLabel) outlet from (ReportPanicAppDelegate) to (NSTextField): missing setter or instance variable
6/7/15 5:37:14.965 PM ReportPanic[4714]: Failed to connect (panicMessageLabel) outlet from (ReportPanicAppDelegate) to (NSTextField): missing setter or instance variable
6/7/15 5:37:14.966 PM ReportPanic[4714]: Failed to connect (reportButton) outlet from (ReportPanicAppDelegate) to (NSButton): missing setter or instance variable
6/7/15 5:37:14.969 PM ReportPanic[4714]: ReportPanic could not stat /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Kernel_2015-06-06-174116_Hackintosh.panic
6/7/15 5:38:16.056 PM ReportPanic[509]: Failed to connect (panicHeaderLabel) outlet from (ReportPanicAppDelegate) to (NSTextField): missing setter or instance variable
6/7/15 5:38:16.056 PM ReportPanic[509]: Failed to connect (panicMessageLabel) outlet from (ReportPanicAppDelegate) to (NSTextField): missing setter or instance variable
6/7/15 5:38:16.056 PM ReportPanic[509]: Failed to connect (reportButton) outlet from (ReportPanicAppDelegate) to (NSButton): missing setter or instance variable
6/7/15 5:38:16.059 PM ReportPanic[509]: ReportPanic could not stat /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Kernel_2015-06-07-173755_Hackintosh.panic

I have also received the "Attempt to unlink previous shared memory during startup returned an error. Continuing." message. I wonder if this (or the above panics) could be related to AptioFixDrv2, which I switched to because I had a boot issue with AptioFixDrv. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.