Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 11/01/2017)

nvidia web driver updates el capitan 10.11

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

stealsyourpizza

stealsyourpizza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Food, most likely pizza

You do mean nvda_drv=1, right?   ^_^

The web driver installer makes this job for you (the flag is added in nvram.plist file), so you don't need this boot flag in your config.plist   :)

My example may be an isolated case - so there's no guarantee that it will work for everyone.

Yeah sorry I meant that one, somehow nvda_drv=1 is in my NVRAM tho, dunno if I can remove it from my config.plist for now, will try out later ;)

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,585 posts

Nvidia Web Driver 346.03.10b01 is now supported in build 15F24b - use Nvidia WebDriver Updater app to download it or go to the first post. 

marcoscar

marcoscar

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Graphism... Design... Architecture... sports... evereything which make me happy!!

Updated to 10.11.4 and also the web driver to the most recent version and I can't get into desktop, I get gray screen with mouse pointer, no more...

EDIT. Using the TAB key and typing the password I got into desktop, so my problem is that I can't see the login screen... Any suggestions?

HI I have the same proble with a MSI 740GT... do you find the answer to this problem???

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,585 posts

Nvidia Web Driver 346.03.10b01 has been updated to be supported in the last 10.11.5 build 15F31a.

See the first post

JuniorGump

JuniorGump

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Yes, in log — NVDAStartupWeb: Web

But then system started I see OS X Default Driver. I can change it to NVIDIA Web driver, but it don't give me window with Restart button — nothing changes... top line not transparent

May be I need add

dart=0

npci=0x2000

or

Trust = true 

?

Nothing work...

Same here.

levifig

levifig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Just a friendly reminder that if anyone here is using the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS, you have to re-run the AGDPFix after upgrading your OS or you'll boot to a black screen/asleep monitor… ;)

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Retired
  • 4,864 posts

Can you test this instead of editing the kext?

Attached Files

WeBeRiO

WeBeRiO

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh

New WebDriver 346.03.10f01 for OS X 10.11.5 (Build 15F34)

slim.jim

slim.jim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Updated driver for 10.11.5 - http://us.download.n...46.03.10f01.pkg

Fljagd

Fljagd

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 970 posts
@WeBeRiO

Thx

Capture_d’écran_2016-05-17_à_02_41_42.png

Attached Files

Frank Nitty

Frank Nitty

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:iHustle

I'm showing 'NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB' as the name of my graphics card in "About This Mac" after updating to 10.11.5 on rig #1 in my sig. I installed v346.03.10f01 first and got no acceleration so I uninstalled it, and installed v346.03.10b01 second and still get no acceleration. Anyone else having this issue? This has never been a problem for me in Yosemite. I am using Clover bootloader as well. Any helpful advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

rhcp011235

rhcp011235

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Well..

Here goes nothing. upgrading to 10.11.5 with dual 980TI ( and hoping Final Cut Pro X works )

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

I'm showing 'NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB' as the name of my graphics card in "About This Mac" after updating to 10.11.5 on rig #1 in my sig.

Any chance you have nvidia graphics injection enabled? It's not needed for the 680 and enabling it can cause this issue.

levifig

levifig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Well..

Here goes nothing. upgrading to 10.11.5 with dual 980TI ( and hoping Final Cut Pro X works )

FWIW, running 10.11.5 with a (single) 970 and FCPX works fine (still has a few weird glitches, like the share stops working after a while, but restarting the app fixes it–been doing this for a long time so not a 10.11.5 issue at all, and easy enough to workaround for now).

Frank Nitty

Frank Nitty

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:iHustle

Any chance you have nvidia graphics injection enabled? It's not needed for the 680 and enabling it can cause this issue.

After racking my nerves over this issue, the final idea I had to solve this issue was to downgrade to 10.11.0 and then and do a direct upgrade to 10.11.5. Graphic acceleration works OOB, removed NVIDIA web drivers. Everything is all peachy  :thumbsup_anim:

e4aaps

e4aaps

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Quick question: I recently installed a GeForce GTX 750 Ti as the only graphics card in my original Mac Pro 4,1 and installed the NVidia Web drivers. All works, running 10.11.4 and 06f01.

I thought, that I should update the Web Driver BEFORE updating the OS to 10.11.5, but the new Web Driver 10f01 requires already the new OS.

I fear, that when I update the OS first, that I have a blank screen and need to switch graphics cards to the old ATI, just to update the web driver... I have not dared to switch to the "OS X Default Graphics Driver"...

What is the recommended way of proceeding?

Thank you very much!

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Quick question: I recently installed a GeForce GTX 750 Ti as the only graphics card in my original Mac Pro 4,1 and installed the NVidia Web drivers. All works, running 10.11.4 and 06f01.

I thought, that I should update the Web Driver BEFORE updating the OS to 10.11.5, but the new Web Driver 10f01 requires already the new OS.

I fear, that when I update the OS first, that I have a blank screen and need to switch graphics cards to the old ATI, just to update the web driver... I have not dared to switch to the "OS X Default Graphics Driver"...

What is the recommended way of proceeding?

Thank you very much!

Use NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater.app 1.4 to download the correct version of webddrivers. It will patch the installer to remove SMBios and OS version check so you'll be able to install them before updating to OS X 10.11.5 :).

e4aaps

e4aaps

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thank you, polyzargone!

I tried it, but it says, there is no newer version available. I do not seem to be able to direct the check to the already downloaded package, there is nothing like that in the menu or GUI... :-( Seems my only choice is to wait for the updated driver to appear in the location where this program looks at...

Thank you a lot for pointing me to this updater. This is definitely the way to go in the future...

magnifico

magnifico

The Special One

• Donators
  • 3,511 posts

Can you test this instead of editing the kext?

michè this is a for all smbios?

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Retired
  • 4,864 posts

Yes, always is set to "none" for all smbios are you using

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, el capitan, 10.11

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy