Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

Check nvram with this :

nvram -p

You should have boot-args="nvda_drv=1" in it. If not, type this then reboot :

sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1"

Hi 

I did as you say pc boot i can see that it reach until loading nvidia driver and screen turn black look like system is up but can't see image..

I use GTX 750ti

when not using the arg system boot but cannot recognise the card, using inject can recognise the card with 0mb and not really working

looks like i can't choose NVIDIA driver in the panel after restart it changed back to Mac driver... any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I've a non-flashed EVGA 970 and was not looking forward to spending the entire day at work tomorrow waiting to get home to swap in my 680 for the 10.11.6 update then swap the 970 back in because I certainly don't have the time now.

I'm happy to report that I used Pacifist (a utility that's saved my rear on more than one occasion—anyone else try to install CUPS years ago and found out the hard way that Apple baked it into the OS?) to force install the latest, final drivers in 10.11.6 Beta 5 before installing 10.11.6 and, after being patient and staring at a black screen for awhile my monitor bloomed to life in a bright gray and then prompted me with the login screen!

This worked for me, I don't even imply that it will work for you 100%, but it might.

Anyone using this:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4095 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x13c2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.2f.00.72

It's a 
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Card GV-N970IXOC-4GD

It works for the most part on B07 (But will instant reboot if I try to use native OS X drivers)

I am noticing some Graphical glitches every now and again. I am using DUAL 34" LG ultra wide PLS displays via Display port

Anyone have any ideas how to better this? or any info?

Thanks

I'm aware this thread is old and wasn't sure you found a solid solution. Just to chime in, I had a similar issue as you did. 

What I did to fix it was I added cpus=1 in the boot arguments in Clover config.plist.

This is what I use to access both 10.10 and 10.11 with my GTX 960:

SMBIOS: iMac14,2

Boot arguments: dart=0 nv_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 cpus=1

There's v1.5 in the download section that also permit you to chose an old revision of the web drivers... usefull if you want to try available drivers for newer revision of the OS and no new Web Drivers are available at the moment! ;)

I'm on 10.11.6. I used the latest version, it didn't boot. Black screen. I patched it with 15F34 build, 15E65, 15D21, 15D50, 15b42, and 15A284 and said the same thing: NVIDIA Web Driver: 346.03.15f01 ( Not compatible ).

I saw that in nvda kext content there is a info.plist . I read and saw <string>NVDA (...) 10.11.13 (346.03.15f01)</string>. Is it right for "13" ?

Any suggestion? 

x99 UD3, I7 5820k, gtx 970 Gainward.

I'm already on the latest version..!

I have the same GC.and Clover version r3652.

I had some problems with NVRAM.

Look in bootflags when Clover booting. For some reason Clover picked up NVram settings from original HD config ( nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 where present !) so I had to reset nvram (nvram -c) on target disk.

Now it's OK