Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

still didn't help :D not sure if i repaired the permissions properly... don't know if Disk Utility dose that in 10.11 or some other tool :)

use that to repair the permissions:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/432-insanelyrepairpermission/

but at least be sure to disable the FileSystem Protection in SIP (CsrActiveConfig = 3 for Enoch or CsrActiveConfig = 0x3 for Clover... only work after a reboot)

Is SIP disabled ?

Run this and report :

csrutil status

same thought  :)

• Like 1

no i had it disabled since i always doing new changing to the system etc but will enable the protection now thanks guys :)

Why would you want to do that ? Of course not ! Enabling the SIP will likely make things worst than they already are :shock:

Agree with Micky's link… The simple way is to set 15B and that's it.

Hum… just to be sure…

Could you post your NVDAStartupWeb.kext here ?

• Like 1

Why would you want to do that ? Of course not ! Enabling the SIP will likely make things worst than they already are :shock:

Agree with Micky's link… The simple way is to set 15B and that's it.

Hum… just to be sure…

Could you post your NVDAStartupWeb.kext here ?

sure i did change it like mike said but take a look anyway :)

e.g or did he mean i should remove 15B30a and change it to 15B ?

NVDAStartupWeb.kext.zip

I don't know if you boot with clover but...

boot w/o cache + SIP disabled + nv_disable=1 --> edit your kext --> install your kext --> repair permissions + rebuild the cache with this

reboot w/ cache + SIP enabled + nvda_drv=1

Yes i do use clover and i will try these steps although not sure about rebuild cache, is it sudo InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /Volumes/Your Volume ?

I did a fresh install of el cap and have a gtx 970 i installed the web drivers but when the os loads i get a black screen with my model set as MacPro6,1 and my boot flag as nvda_drv=1 I'm guessing like with yosemite the highest i can set my model to is MacPro5,1 when using the web drivers or does someone know a way around that?

Thanks

I did a fresh install of el cap and have a gtx 970 i installed the web drivers but when the os loads i get a black screen with my model set as MacPro6,1 and my boot flag as nvda_drv=1 I'm guessing like with yosemite the highest i can set my model to is MacPro5,1 when using the web drivers or does someone know a way around that?

Thanks

use cloverconfig to make you a Imac14,2 SMBIOS that is valid and you should not have an issue.

Thats all i did. and i added in my proper serial and got that working

Thanks im going to give it a shot. Im going to ask a dumb question does the model matter at all? Ive always set mine to the highest macpro possible before upgrading my graphics from ati to nvidia and after that to macpro 5,1 with the nvidia web driver because 6,1 gave a black screen. Is there any difference? If so which is the best? I have an asus rampage iv black motherboard and i can get clover to boot with macpro 3,1. If theres no difference (especially for overclocking) i'll stick to it

Thanks everyone

sorry for this off-topic but some people could find this info helpful

for all people with GTX570 and device-id 0x108610de, you don't have to wait for the first beta of Nvidia WebDriver for El Capitan... you can get this card work in El Capitan (guess with previous versions too) with FakeID - 0x108110de

iMac-de-fantomas1:~ fantomas1$ kextstat |grep NVDA

68    2 0xffffff7f80f63000 0x283000   0x283000   com.apple.nvidia.driver.NVDAResman (10.0.6) 14B636BC-3AFD-3039-9941-5FAEED135628 <67 62 61 12 5 4 3 1>

69    0 0xffffff7f811f1000 0x1d1000   0x1d1000   com.apple.nvidia.driver.NVDAGF100Hal (10.0.6) 13324517-226D-37EA-BB8B-13D5C8478E6A <68 12 4 3>

756928GTX570FakeIDElCapitan.png

Hello, I have the GTX 570 too but I have a problem: when I wake up OS X after hibernate mode my VGA stuck at the max frequency (732MHz) and the temperature go high...do you know how to solve this? 

Thanks in advance!