Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

Unable to get driver to load with the new 10.11.1 Beta (15B30a) using Web drivers version 346.03.02f01

I have changed NVDAStartupWeb.kext to:

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
            <string>15B30a</string>

Anyonone have any success?

Anyone else having a slowish boot? In Yosemite is was very quick. Since upgrading to El Cap it's now ~2 minutes. I'm on a q77m-d2h mobo and gtx 970.

No, sorry . boot is super fast. and, is your user icon from yar's revenge or is that from galaga?

• Like 1

No, sorry . boot is super fast. and, is your user icon from yar's revenge or is that from galaga?

Not sure, just found the icon somewhere online and liked it. Would be cool if it was from galaga though.

Glad to hear that fast boot is possible. Now just to figure it out.

Update: I did a fresh 10.11 install from the integrated graphics with my video card physically removed. After 10.11 was booting properly (ie very fast), I installed the webdrivers, adjusted my config.plist, shutdown, and reinstalled the gpu. Booted up much faster than before but I'm still getting the black screen with progress bar in the bottom left hand corner. For whatever reason the boot slows when I do an update. It's working great now, thanks for the motivation!1

Pacifist doesn't help squat if you don't modify the build number... All you accomplish is bypassing the OS version check and installing a version that still doesn't work...

You can install with Pacifist and then change the version check on the kext itself… I've been doing it since 10.11.1 beta with no problems. No editing anything else.

I Chameleon bootloader. Now I install it for web NVidia drivers.

I wonder if I need to org.Chameleon.Boot.plist enter the command "nvda_drv = 1"

Thanks for the help.

If you don't have NVRAM support you have to add it to "Kernel Flags"..

still not working hehe :P just could install the update.. 

then, open /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change back "NVDARequiredOS" to 15B30a and the same on /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist.

post-674334-0-97002200-1444659137_thumb.png

Repair the permission.

NB

Try to do this only if you are able to re-start OSX if anything goes wrong. Or if you have another OS to put everything in place.

.. so i can't use this driver and have to wait after all ?

Well, I guess, I think that if you were in 10.11, and had installed these drivers version, then in 10.11.3 would not work anyway. Try to do as I said (only if you are able to recover in the event of problems on reboot)

then, open /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change back "NVDARequiredOS" to 15B30a and the same on /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist.

attachicon.gifNVDAStartupWeb.png

Repair the permission.

NB

Try to do this only if you are able to re-start OSX if anything goes wrong. Or if you have another OS to put everything in place.

Well, I guess, I think that if you were in 10.11, and had installed these drivers version, then in 10.11.3 would not work anyway. Try to do as I said (only if you are able to recover in the event of problems on reboot)

still didn't help :D not sure if i repaired the permissions properly... don't know if Disk Utility dose that in 10.11 or some other tool :)

post-70952-0-30756500-1444661448_thumb.png

still didn't help :D not sure if i repaired the permissions properly... don't know if Disk Utility dose that in 10.11 or some other tool :)

Why are you using the 10.11.1 Developer Preview OS?  If you don't have a compelling reason to use this, maybe you'd be best served by sticking to the GM release and the NVIDIA web driver for that version?

indeed i don't know how the lol update turned up in the App Store and i installed it :P  anyway i don't know how to go back to gm either to be honest :) i hate to reinstall everything if that is whats required :P but anyway thanks for the previous suggestions :)

Right, modifying the driver to match a different OS is definitely an advanced operation, because you'll have to be prepared for any case where the drivers don't actually work and cause endless kernel panics when you try and use them.  My recommendation is to just get back to the GM version and stick with those going forward.

• Like 1

indeed i don't know how the lol update turned up in the App Store and i installed it :P  

Only running the OSXElCapitanDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg from the Apple Developpers portal accessing from a valid $99 account ;)

anyway i don't know how to go back to gm either to be honest 

Clean install (or wait for NVIDIA ...they should..)

Right, modifying the driver to match a different OS is definitely an advanced operation, because you'll have to be prepared for any case where the drivers don't actually work and cause endless kernel panics when you try and use them.  My recommendation is to just get back to the GM version and stick with those going forward.

Yep, but nothing strange here on InsanelyMac :P

indeed i don't know how the lol update turned up in the App Store and i installed it :P  anyway i don't know how to go back to gm either to be honest :) i hate to reinstall everything if that is whats required :P but anyway thanks for the previous suggestions :)

Is SIP disabled ?

Run this and report :

csrutil status