Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/21/2017)

nvidia web driver updates el capitan 10.11

• Please log in to reply
697 replies to this topic

MinusZwei

MinusZwei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Coders
  • 53 posts

Could anyone running a Maxwell GPU on El Capitan do a quick test for me ?

I was having some troubles rendering very specific images in Safari and/or Preview with Yosemite...

...and I don't have a Maxwell GPU available to re-do the test right now.

If you could do this on your machine (simply opening a PDF and share the screenshot), it would be highly appreciated :)

Andres ZeroCross

Andres ZeroCross

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh

Could anyone running a Maxwell GPU on El Capitan do a quick test for me ?

I was having some troubles rendering very specific images in Safari and/or Preview with Yosemite...

...and I don't have a Maxwell GPU available to re-do the test right now.

If you could do this on your machine (simply opening a PDF and share the screenshot), it would be highly appreciated :)

Hai MinusZwei i have a screenshot, take a look 

Attached Files

gabil1n

gabil1n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

im trying to get the mis 970 4g working in el capitan 15A178w but all time fails i try all nvda_drv=1 don't works with the driver versions and i can't get it on without put nv_disable=1  any tuto to get 970 working ? i got clover 

edit: now i install the updates from App Store of el capitan and i can get nvidia web drivers on and full graphics acceleration but i restarts at 3er restart i can enter in OS X system im noob creating clover config :( 

Andres ZeroCross

Andres ZeroCross

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

im trying to get the mis 970 4g working in el capitan 15A178w but all time fails i try all nvda_drv=1 don't works with the driver versions and i can't get it on without put nv_disable=1  any tuto to get 970 working ? i got clover 

edit: now i install the updates from App Store of el capitan and i can get nvidia web drivers on and full graphics acceleration but i restarts at 3er restart i can enter in OS X system im noob creating clover config :(

Maybe you should update your system,, get beta 3 or beta 4 from App Store and then try nvidia web driver. Sorry for my bad english

gabil1n

gabil1n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Maybe you should update your system,, get beta 3 or beta 4 from App Store and then try nvidia web driver. Sorry for my bad english

yeah now works  update to last beta and all ok np for english my english is bad too don't worry and thanks you get the solution 

other more question any of here get hwmonitor temps with i7 4790k and gtx 970  in el capitan i only can get the cpu temps but the gpu i can't :(

Andres ZeroCross

Andres ZeroCross

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

yeah now works  update to last beta and all ok np for english my english is bad too don't worry and thanks you get the solution 

other more question any of here get hwmonitor temps with i7 4790k and gtx 970  in el capitan i only can get the cpu temps but the gpu i can't :(

Did you install latest HW Monitor?? At process of install, click custumize and get latest GPU Sensor. Just my opinion :)

gabil1n

gabil1n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Did you install latest HW Monitor?? At process of install, click custumize and get latest GPU Sensor. Just my opinion :)

no i don't install i return to yosemite all working right very fast. I will wait to official el capitan release with better support but its a nice system that el capitan version

Anonymous34

Anonymous34

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I did not even manage to boot after updating to Beta 4. Let alone using that as a daily driver :/

Andres ZeroCross

Andres ZeroCross

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

I did not even manage to boot after updating to Beta 4. Let alone using that as a daily driver :/

AFAIK, for Beta 4 you need to move all kext injection to S\L\E before update to beta 4. If you update to beta 4 but didn't move those anyway then you should move it manually and don't forget repair permissions. Sorry for my bad english. 

Fljagd

Fljagd

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 965 posts

Hello,

With my MSI GTX 960 gaming G1and my GTX 660 Ti Gigabyte, work very well on beta public 4

Look =>https://goo.gl/photo...3pmwLduGVs1Hwk6

Fred :wink_anim:

_sam_

_sam_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello,

With my MSI GTX 960 gaming G1and my GTX 660 Ti Gigabyte, work very well on beta public 4

Look =>https://goo.gl/photo...3pmwLduGVs1Hwk6

Fred :wink_anim:

Well done :)

Is this an eGPU or internal?

If it's an eGPU could you please share your kexts with us?

Fljagd

Fljagd

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 965 posts

Well done :)

Is this an eGPU or internal?

If it's an eGPU could you please share your kexts with us?

My  960 is on PciE 1 X16 and GTX 660Ti on PciE 2 x8

I used WebDriver-346.03.01b06

Fred  :wink_anim:

levifig

levifig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

right now running public beta 4 very fast and stable and yes i do have nvidia 970 working with the beta drivers 

Same here. Had some issues upgrading because Clover wasn't updated to the latest version before the upgrade (had the last June build). I had to use the USB tool that is available here in the forum to rebuild a USB installer, restart the machine (without USB because I had deleted the USB kext), use remote desktop to install the USB kext, reboot with USB, upgrade Clover, and it's all good. :) Before upgrading Clover, I was getting stuck at the "Missing Bluetooth Controller" error, which was making me think it was an Nvidia problem (since I have the 970 as well, I need the Nvidia driver).

Anyway, it's working and it feels snappy, though Geekbench results are about the same as PB3 and PB2, and identical to 10.10.4's anyway… :)

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Webdrivers 346.03.01b06 doesn't work anymore with latest DB7 and PB5.

Need a new version :(.

Fljagd

Fljagd

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 965 posts

Webdrivers 346.03.01b06 doesn't work anymore with latest DB7 and PB5.

Need a new version :(.

Pour moi aussi sur la PB5

Fred :(

Andres ZeroCross

Andres ZeroCross

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Nvidia GTX 960 doesn't work on El Capitan DB7, bootloop. It's like Nvidia Web Driver Problem. Working good at DP6.
Waiting for New version :)

BreBo

BreBo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

New NVidia Web Driver

Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.01b07 

Fljagd

Fljagd

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 965 posts

New NVidia Web Driver

Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.01b07 

Thx
Fred :thumbsup_anim:

Attached Files

florosus

florosus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I would so much rather the built-in drivers support Maxwell.  My guess is that, at least for now, they don't.  

But then surely the web drivers offer more performance as they're crafted by Nvidia, and not by apple who don't use maxwell cards in their systems.

rhcp011235

rhcp011235

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Anyone using this:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4095 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x13c2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.2f.00.72

It's a 
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Card GV-N970IXOC-4GD

It works for the most part on B07 (But will instant reboot if I try to use native OS X drivers)

I am noticing some Graphical glitches every now and again. I am using DUAL 34" LG ultra wide PLS displays via Display port

Anyone have any ideas how to better this? or any info?

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, el capitan, 10.11

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy