Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

I own a TitanX, Installed on  El Capitan 10.11.3  with Latest Nvidia Drivers, Everything seen fine but Photoshop have some issues when resizing images so trying to figure out thing I also found LuxMark v3,1 show me an error on the OpenCL GPU test:

Should I worry about this?

post-218345-0-16532600-1453564887_thumb.jpg

I've restored to .2 again, after 3 days of intensive trying I couldn't get these drivers to work with the iMac17,1 smbios, changing my smbios to for example 15,1 or MacPro3,1 did work.

So it seems if you're rocking skylake already as I do nvidia + iMac17,1 smbios is a no go for some weird reason.

The symptom is black screen just like before you change 65CE76090165799A from Config2 to none, except this has been changed and I have rebuild the prelinked kernel and caches.

So if you managed nvidia +iMac17,1 smbios I'd hear it gladly and else too... it's just puzzling and to the best of my knowledge this can't be done at this very moment.

In retrospect; .2 works within 5 minutes of installing the webdrivers and have been stable for weeks, .3 just won't work for me whether it's the smbios or this gtx960 I'm not sure (have no other card to try).

Here's all info proving it works with .2 perfectly, it's an Asus Strix 960;

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960:

Chipsetmodel: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Sleuf: PCI Slot 0

Breedte PCIe-baan: x16

VRAM (totaal): 4095 MB

Fabrikant: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Apparaatcode: 0x1401

Revisiecode: 0x00a1

ROM-revisie: VBIOS 84.06.26.00.08

Beeldschermen:

LED Cinema Display:

Beeldschermtype: LCD

Resolutie: 1920 x 1200

Pixeldiepte: 32-bits kleur (ARGB8888)

Hoofdbeeldscherm: Ja

Synchrone weergave: Uit

Online: Ja

Rotatie: Ondersteund

Verbindingstype: DisplayPort

After you changed to "none" you must resintall the kext with easykext otherwise changes won't take effect

I've restored to .2 again, after 3 days of intensive trying I couldn't get these drivers to work with the iMac17,1 smbios, changing my smbios to for example 15,1 or MacPro3,1 did work.

So it seems if you're rocking skylake already as I do nvidia + iMac17,1 smbios is a no go for some weird reason.

The symptom is black screen just like before you change 65CE76090165799A from Config2 to none, except this has been changed and I have rebuild the prelinked kernel and caches.

So if you managed nvidia +iMac17,1 smbios I'd hear it gladly and else too... it's just puzzling and to the best of my knowledge this can't be done at this very moment.

In retrospect; .2 works within 5 minutes of installing the webdrivers and have been stable for weeks, .3 just won't work for me whether it's the smbios or this gtx960 I'm not sure (have no other card to try).

Here's all info proving it works with .2 perfectly, it's an Asus Strix 960

AppleGraphicsControl.kext Right, is not the one that you change the parameter? 

I did, but that won't work.

What I did for 2 is copy the file to desktop, edit it, overwrite it and repair permissions.

That works.

However replacing the whole kext won't, never did.

What I did for 2 is copy the file to desktop, edit it, overwrite it and repair permissions.

That works.

Sometimes it acts up when doing a copy replace. Copy to desktop the vanila 10.11.3 kext, modify it, delete the original kext from s/l/e, then copy the .kext back with your fave kext utility. I have had times in the past where just overwriting using a kext utility doesn't work.

That works.

I'm experiencing the same problems on a fresh 10.11.3 install running on a Skylake-based system with iMac17,1 as System Definition. Did the same steps as you, copy, overwrite but no avail. I'm using a GTX 970 and connecting my U2515H via Displayport, but shouldn't give an error. It's quite strange that nobody is experiencing problems like these. 

I'm experiencing the same problems on a fresh 10.11.3 install running on a Skylake-based system with iMac17,1 as System Definition. Did the same steps as you, copy, overwrite but no avail. I'm using a GTX 970 and connecting my U2515H via Displayport, but shouldn't give an error. It's quite strange that nobody is experiencing problems like these. 

For me it's a gtx960 with also a screen on DP, i7-6700k.

I'll just wait for them to release a driver update or osx 10.11.4 at this point.

Nothing seems to help or solve it.

Sometimes it acts up when doing a copy replace. Copy to desktop the vanila 10.11.3 kext, modify it, delete the original kext from s/l/e, then copy the .kext back with your fave kext utility. I have had times in the past where just overwriting using a kext utility doesn't work.

Unfortunately no...

I'll just wait for them to release a driver update or osx 10.11.4 at this point.

Unfortunately no...

I've found a temporary fix. Unplugging the DP connector and plugging it back in seems to fix it on cold boot. Sleep on my system works, and also wakes my monitor. Not ideal but at least it works for now.

Getting a Mac Pro 3.1 and separate EVGA GTX570 HD. Should the new updated driver just released work as long as I match

the build as well? Going to be running newly installed El Capitan and use for single monitor 4K GoPro video editing. Plan

To use GoPro Studio and just bought a 2008 3.1 and then separate GTX570 for a song, 350 total for both. Or should I use some

previous driver to get it up and running? Thanks for info.

346.03.06b01 available via NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater

Im honestly afraid to upgrade past 10.11.3 and current NVIDIA web drivers because FCPX and everything seems to be working.

I don't understand how they can fix it? than break it again? very confusing 

Unfortunately no...

Hey, quick update. I found the culprit here on my config. My monitor was set to use Displayport 1.2. Read somewhere that it might cause issues, so I turned the screen back to 1.1a and it worked like a charm. Now I don't have to give my PC a big hug everytime I want to use OS X. :)

• Like 1

Hi , since 10.11.2 i'm experiencing issue with photoshop cc 2015 ( up to date ) ...I have to deactivate open CL under photoshop to avoid artefact on the picture when i'm working with almost all tools ..I already report that to Adobe and they told me that it was a problem with nvidia web drivers ...I also sometimes loose completly my photo which turn in a black screen and i need to clik somewhere on the screen to get it back , and the screen is blinking to , all that under photoshop only ..I didn't try FCPX yet...I have a X99gigabyte ud4 , gtx970 i7 5830K  smsbios 14,2 and running know 1011.3 with the same problem...Do you know how i can report to nvidia as i couldn't find the right forum on their site 

best regards

Hi , since 10.11.2 i'm experiencing issue with photoshop cc 2015 ( up to date ) ...I have to deactivate open CL under photoshop to avoid artefact on the picture when i'm working with almost all tools ..I already report that to Adobe and they told me that it was a problem with nvidia web drivers ...I also sometimes loose completly my photo which turn in a black screen and i need to clik somewhere on the screen to get it back , and the screen is blinking to , all that under photoshop only ..I didn't try FCPX yet...I have a X99gigabyte ud4 , gtx970 i7 5830K  smsbios 14,2 and running know 1011.3 with the same problem...Do you know how i can report to nvidia as i couldn't find the right forum on their site 

best regards

why do you use a smbios 14.2?

because i tried other one and couldn't pass a black screen at the start ...I'm a newb talking hackintosch .that's my main computer with the one i do retouch professionnaly and i use what is working . I'm quite sure it's not the best but afraid of spending time make it work with another smbios. if you have a guide to give me i'll try it 

i just tried to change smsbios to Macpro 6,1 using clover configurator modifying my config.plist and saving it .Putting it back in EFI and replacing the old one ..After rebooting it still show and imac when i go to about my computer ...!!! seems that no change have been made...i know i'm getting out of subject of this thread sorry 

because i tried other one and couldn't pass a black screen at the start ...I'm a newb talking hackintosch .that's my main computer with the one i do retouch professionnaly and i use what is working . I'm quite sure it's not the best but afraid of spending time make it work with another smbios. if you have a guide to give me i'll try it 

i just tried to change smsbios to Macpro 6,1 using clover configurator modifying my config.plist and saving it .Putting it back in EFI and replacing the old one ..After rebooting it still show and imac when i go to about my computer ...!!! seems that no change have been made...i know i'm getting out of subject of this thread sorry 

send your config.plist I look