Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

mean, having SIP constantly enabled is that important ?

IMHO yes. Consider the OS became vulnerably like Windows w/o antivirus.

Enoch and Clover can manipulate csr values with their configuration plist(s) but a value grater than 1 or at least 3 (ie file system protection + load of untrusted kexts) are not recommended.

• Like 1

Enoch and Clover can manipulate csr values with their configuration plist(s) but a value grater than 1 or at least 3 (ie file system protection + load of untrusted kexts) are not recommended.

Agreed !

When I talked about disabling SIP forever, I was actually thinking of using 1 or 3 too :P.

I'm not sure anything greater than that is useful for most users.

• Like 1

You don't need to use sudo when you're in the Recovery HD. You are already logged as root ;). Just run this :

./InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /

I tried this way but doesn't worked, give me a lot of error msgs like I'm not running with sudo.

And now from time to time lost video configuration and I need to do all the steps again to reenable, very weird. I hope Nvidia release a update driver soon.

So, I installed the latest driver before upgrading to 10.11.4. Tried patching NVDAStartupWeb and no luck. Uninstalled driver, installed with Pacifist and manually patched it… still nothing! Tried rebooting with no caches to no avail…

:(

So, I installed the latest driver before upgrading to 10.11.4. Tried patching NVDAStartupWeb and no luck. Uninstalled driver, installed with Pacifist and manually patched it… still nothing! Tried rebooting with no caches to no avail…

:(

Need more details about "no luck/still nothing" and your SMBios too.

Need more details about "no luck/still nothing" and your SMBios too.

Not really sure what else to tell you. I was using MacPro6,1 in 10.11.3. I re-ran the AGDPfix (after the update, after restarting with nv_disable=1). I've reinstalled the drivers with Pacifist. I've manually patched NVDAStartupWeb's Info.plist to allow 15E and I've used "NVIDIA WebDriver Updater" utility as well. I've changed the SMBIOS to MacPro5,1 and tried reinstalling the drivers, etc, with no luck. Here's my boot.log: https://gist.github.com/levifig/6bc86b61794dff28ce98

FWIW, I have 2 graphics cards. My primary one (BIOS doesn't let me pick so it's the one in PCIe 16x #1) is a Radeon HD4850. My main card is on the 3rd slot and is a GTX970. I was running OS X just fine in 10.11.3: the Radeon wasn't accelerated and created a screen I didn't use (1 monitor, 2 inputs, one from each card). This problem seems to be unrelated with my setup, especially considering it worked in 10.11.3, but I thought it'd be better to share this bit!

Thank you for any help! :)

UPDATE: Not exactly sure how but it's working now. I know I changed my SMBIOS back to MacPro6,1, re-ran AGDPfix, re-ran Pacifist to install the drivers, re-patched the drivers, rebooted, hung before login screen, rebooted this time without caches and… voila: it's working! No idea what I did different… I guess I just retraced my steps and did something I could've missed the last time around. I'll keep this post here for posterity… ;)

Not really sure what else to tell you. I was using MacPro6,1 in 10.11.3. I re-ran the AGDPfix (after the update, after restarting with nv_disable=1). I've reinstalled the drivers with Pacifist. I've manually patched NVDAStartupWeb's Info.plist to allow 15E and I've used "NVIDIA WebDriver Updater" utility as well. I've changed the SMBIOS to MacPro5,1 and tried reinstalling the drivers, etc, with no luck. Here's my boot.log: https://gist.github.com/levifig/6bc86b61794dff28ce98

FWIW, I have 2 graphics cards. My primary one (BIOS doesn't let me pick so it's the one in PCIe 16x #1) is a Radeon HD4850. My main card is on the 3rd slot and is a GTX970. I was running OS X just fine in 10.11.3: the Radeon wasn't accelerated and created a screen I didn't use (1 monitor, 2 inputs, one from each card). This problem seems to be unrelated with my setup, especially considering it worked in 10.11.3, but I thought it'd be better to share this bit!

Thank you for any help! :)

UPDATE: Not exactly sure how but it's working now. I know I changed my SMBIOS back to MacPro6,1, re-ran AGDPfix, re-ran Pacifist to install the drivers, re-patched the drivers, rebooted, hung before login screen, rebooted this time without caches and… voila: it's working! No idea what I did different… I guess I just retraced my steps and did something I could've missed the last time around. I'll keep this post here for posterity… ;)

It's about permission or kextcache problem. Re-Run InsanelyMac Permission Tool should fix the problem. :)

Thank you again Micky for creating this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/432-insanelyrepairpermission/

I was stuck in boot loop hell for the longest time after downloading the latest nVidia drivers and tried many things that didn't seem to work, but this script fixed it for me.  Updating my version of Citrix Receiver also had me in a boot loop earlier this week, but running this script again in Safe Mode fixed that for me also.

I bow down to you!  If anyone else is in a similar situation, I'd highly recommend this.

So I take it everyone else is also having the FCPX Transitions crash the program?

I'm up to the latest 10.11.4 beta (this morning) and these brand new 06b01 NVIDIA drivers....same problem still.

Come on NVIDIA fix this! we know you read this!

Anyone with the 346.03.05f01 version after upgrading to .3 and not having it load for you? this seems to be the case with smbios iMac17,1 even after changing Config2 tot none... anyone got any idea what's going on?

Simply refuses for me and may have to revert my skylake test build back to .2...