Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

Hi, I still have a problem with GT740 SC 4GB. In VRAM it still show as 0 MB.  Tonight I will install this Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.02f02 --> build 15A284.  After install do I need to edit

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext changing the os requirement.
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>15A</string>

and  add nvda_drv=1 to your boot args?

2qmku2q.jpg

Hi, I still have a problem with GT740 SC 4GB. In VRAM it still show as 0 MB.  Tonight I will install this Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.02f02 --> build 15A284.  After install do I need to edit

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext changing the os requirement.

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>15A</string>

and  add nvda_drv=1 to your boot args?

I had the same problem as you until I did the following:

boot with nv_disable=1

install a modified AppleGraphicsControl kext

remove nv_disable=1 and reboot.

Finally full function. 

edit: I believe this is the change which was made to AGC.kext:

Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities

> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

> ConfigMap

FA842E06C61E91C5 change from Config 2 to none. 

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot.

• Like 1

I had the same problem as you until I did the following:

boot with nv_disable=1

install a modified AppleGraphicsControl kext

remove nv_disable=1 and reboot.

Finally full function. 

edit: I believe this is the change which was made to AGC.kext:

Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities

> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

> ConfigMap

FA842E06C61E91C5 change from Config 2 to none. 

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot.

Do you mean change "FA842E06C61E91C5" to none?

VRAM = 0 MB, do not inject nvidia while using clover & webdriver

if nvda_drv=1 not present in nvram, add it manually: sudo nvram boot-args"nvda_drv=1"

@cecekpawon

Does this mean I do not need to edit AppleGraphicsControl? I can just sudo nvram boot-args"nvda_drv=1" and this will resolve my VRAM ?

Do you mean change "FA842E06C61E91C5" to none?

@cecekpawon

Does this mean I do not need to edit AppleGraphicsControl? I can just sudo nvram boot-args"nvda_drv=1" and this will resolve my VRAM ?

<key>Mac-FA842E06C61E91C5</key>
<string>Config2</string>

That is the section the instructions are referring to.

I am not home now, hence not on my hack. I can't verify that this is the actual change that was made to the .kext I downloaded and installed. However, in researching why installing that mod'd kext fixed my issue (similar to yours) - I came across that explanation.

<key>Mac-FA842E06C61E91C5</key>
<string>Config2</string>

That is the section the instructions are referring to.

I am not home now, hence not on my hack. I can't verify that this is the actual change that was made to the .kext I downloaded and installed. However, in researching why installing that mod'd kext fixed my issue (similar to yours) - I came across that explanation.

I will try that tonight. So that mean I need to change that every time i update WebDriver? Thank you. 

Edit AppleGraphicsControl (for some board-id) only if you got blackscreen before login or just simply change your GFX0 to something else..

VRAM = 0 mostly because you set inject nvidia to true & forgot to set vram value in config

if you are using webdriver, leave inject nvidia to false & set nvda_drv=1 in config

• Like 1

VRAM = 0 MB, do not inject nvidia while using clover & webdriver

if nvda_drv=1 not present in nvram, add it manually: sudo nvram boot-args"nvda_drv=1"

i also think it´s an GraphicsEnabler=Yes (clover or chameleon inject) problem (try No) for VRAM=0,   and not Mac Model-ID/AppleGraphicsPolicy problem.

• Like 1

Yes I did have <key>NVidia</key> <true/>.. Will change to false and add nvda_drv=1 to config.  I will let you all know tonight.  Thank you all for the help.

<key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0</string>

remove "kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0" and add nvda_drv=1?

Edit AppleGraphicsControl (for some board-id) only if you got blackscreen before login or just simply change your GFX0 to something else..

VRAM = 0 mostly because you set inject nvidia to true & forgot to set vram value in config

if you are using webdriver, leave inject nvidia to false & set nvda_drv=1 in config

Actually, I never had the black screen issue nor was nvidia being injected. AGC.kext edit was the only way to get the system to recognize the VRAM of my GTX 970.

Got the web drivers to work on my rig, but the problem is I end up with just 0MB being reported. I have the Nvidia injection mode set to true, and from what I've read I should set it to false and change my SMBIOS. Would that do the trick?

Why don't you try it and find out? :)

• Like 1