Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

Yes. I have done all this. I even swapped out my 970 for the same card. Thinking perhaps I had a bad card. We also flashed the latest firmware onto it.

The following resolutions and refresh rates are supported when the integrated HDMI port to the Mac is used to connect monitors or 4K Ultra HD TVs:

3840 x 2160 at 30 Hz;

4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz (video mirroring is not supported when such resolution is passed).

Apple

• Like 1

The following resolutions and refresh rates are supported when the integrated HDMI port to the Mac is used to connect monitors or 4K Ultra HD TVs:

3840 x 2160 at 30 Hz;

4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz (video mirroring is not supported when such resolution is passed).

Apple

So you cannot get 60HZ from HDMI? Also, how would i get 60HZ? and THANKS

Also, I am going to include a video of this flicker effect i am talking about.

Look for horizontal lines flickering this is what I'm talking about, also the display will even go out at times.

http://rhcp011235.rocks/2l451q3s2D1X

So you cannot get 60HZ from HDMI? Also, how would i get 60HZ? and THANKS

Also, I am going to include a video of this flicker effect i am talking about.

Look for horizontal lines flickering this is what I'm talking about, also the display will even go out at times.

http://rhcp011235.rocks/2l451q3s2D1X

only the 60Hz HDMI for a resolution 1920x1080.

For your screen plug it in 4K on display port

• Like 1

But, there is no DP 1.2 -> HDMI 2.0 Adapter out yet. This TV doesn't have a display port. (Thats one of my issues)

Secondly, is that flickering (thats my biggest issue) - If you have any damn idea what that is :)

You have been MOST helpful here.

BTW: I am not using a real mac here (Using a HackPro) that i built with the above card. So i figured id get 60HZ out of the HDMI 2.0 port. but i guess the OS itself is holding me back?

Id be PISSSED if i bought a Mac Pro and this didn't work!

So, By pure luck I happen to have two of the same exact cards. two of these 970's and i put two displays on each. and I am still seeing that flicker i showed in the video on the SAME screen. and I've tried different cables. same deal.

Ideas anyone? Also, Ideas to get 60HZ on my 4K?

AFAIK. DP -> HDMI (doesn't do 60HZ since they are not HDMI 2 yet)

So, By pure luck I happen to have two of the same exact cards. two of these 970's and i put two displays on each. and I am still seeing that flicker i showed in the video on the SAME screen. and I've tried different cables. same deal.

Ideas anyone? Also, Ideas to get 60HZ on my 4K?

AFAIK. DP -> HDMI (doesn't do 60HZ since they are not HDMI 2 yet)

DP=>HDMI

Learn how to read. AnAndTech (and many others) verified it works, it's out now. They even link to it on Amazon....

It's backordered, but here you go: http://www.amazon.com/Club3D-Displayport-1-2-HDMI-CAC-1070/dp/B0194F1MY4

I have already ordered it. Waiting on shipping.

Still trying to solve my flickering issue though.

After installing NVIDIA Web Driver 346.03.04f02 in 10.11.2, the only available resolution in SP shows is 1024x1280... Anybody else having this issue

Could this be a problem with the install? 1024x1280 is the resolution that my system defaults to when the Nvidia Web Driver is not installed or is not up to date for the current OS version.

• 2 weeks later...

Check your board-id,, then set string to "none" and reinstall "AppleGraphicsControl.kext"

You can found "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" inside "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" :)

I have not seen this patch. Only used for MAC PRO 6,1 (due to the AMD card) - You running a Mac Pro SMBIOS?