Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

Thanks, Yea, dual of these guys may be over-kill TBH. but, its quite nice :)

Here is a picture of what is looks like: http://rhcp011235.rocks/image/2c3m003M2W2p

It seems to be less flickery if i reboot a few times, I guess maybe i am catching something at the right time? I honestly do not know. 

I am hoping we should see GM of both 10.11 and IOS 9 by the end of the day and maybe some updated NVIDIA drivers.

For 10.11GM we need a newer version of web Nvidia driver, otherwise it will interfere mouse control and Intel HD 4600 display function.

In 10.11DP7 I can enable both Intel HD4600 & Nvidia GTX980 at the same time with stable mouse control in both monitors.

But in 10.11GM they can not be enabled at the same time (either Intel HD4600 or Nvidia GTX 980 alone).

Mouse control is also poor too.

Hope the newer version coming soon !

@rhcp011235, for your safety, better to wait until 30th Sept ETA

Oh yes for sure. 

I am still trying to decide if i am going to keep this 980 or just use my 660 (which is native supported) and just run my second screen at 50HZ vs 60HZ.

I don't know if its worth all this trouble. Just for a second display port.

hi. any news about gm driver?

the last 346.03.01b07 webdriver is the same for DB7/PB5/DB8/PB6/GM

it also works fine with the first 10.11.1 build 15B17c beta... just have to edit the NVDAStartupWeb.kext Info.plist file NVDARequiredOS section 15A to 15B

it also works fine with the first 10.11.1 build 15B17c beta... just have to edit the NVDAStartupWeb.kext Info.plist file NVDARequiredOS section 15A to 15B

are you saying you got these drivers to work with the GM release? I have heard they do not work

are you saying you got these drivers to work with the GM release? I have heard they do not work

nvidia is, not me  :)

<key>OS</key>
<!-- GM Seed -->
<string>15A282b</string>
<key>models</key>
<array>
</array>
<key>version</key>
<string>346.03.01b07</string>

nvidia is, not me   :)

<key>OS</key>
<!-- GM Seed -->
<string>15A282b</string>
<key>models</key>
<array>
</array>
<key>version</key>
<string>346.03.01b07</string>

So, when you upgrade to the GM seed.

These drivers work OOTB? or do you need to modify something?

I have been reading on here. they don't work?

If someone can please reply with a clear and concise answer.

With the needed edits if any are needed. 

Thank you!

I don’t know how you can obtain more 'clear and concise’ answer if you don’t read what I’m telling you.   ^_^

it means that you only have to install this driver in GM and it will work fine (no additional kext editing required).   ;)

don’t forget to set GraphicsEnabler on Yes if you use chameleon and Nvidia on True if you use clover

you don’t have to add nvda_driver=1 boot flag... the installer will add it for you in nvram.plist file

• Like 1

I don’t know how you can obtain more 'clear and concise’ answer if you don’t read what I’m telling you.   ^_^

it means that you only have to install this driver in GM and it will work fine.   ;)

don’t forget to set GraphicsEnabler on Yes if you use chameleon and Nvidia on True if you use clover

you don’t have to add nvda_driver=1 boot flag... the installer will add it for you in nvram.plist file

Thank you.

I was not sure because few people posted it did not work. some said it did. I will update now :)

So basically no change but upgrade to GM.

Will report back

• Like 1

Hi, fantomas1

It's wired that I can't get 750Ti work on El Capitan GM.

I'm using 346.03.01b07.

Once I had installed Web driver, I altered the preference to Nvidia Web Driver.

Booted with HDMI port on 750 Ti, it gave me black screen in the first boot.

But I could see the desktop with HD4600.

What's even more weird is that after that first boot after altering to Nvidia Web Driver, each time now I boot with nvda_drv=1 only, it always reboot itself instantly rather than be able to login with black screen, which I can see the desktop with HD4600.

Now I have to delete nvda_drv=1 and add nv_disable=1 in order to get into OS X.

Even had I tried InjectNvidia=Yes/No, it made no difference.

Sorry I can't use more clear words to express my situation...   :surprised:

specs:

i7-4790K

Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH

Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GI

Clover 3270 UEFI

hi shiecldk

please, take a look here, maybe you'll find a solution to your problem.  

good luck   ;)

Thanks for help. :) I found the problem.

The reason is that I was using iMac15,1 SMBios which can cause problems to hackintoshes with its AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.

And I did fix the problem according to a post in tonymac:

For the iMac15,1 locate the board-id "Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" and change string below it from "Config2" to "none". For the MacPro6,1 you will do the same thing but for the board-id "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6".

Therefore also had I tried iMac14,2, it works too since this SMBios has no such problem. Now 750 Ti is confirmed worked.  ^_^

Now I'm trying to work on Clover's InfoPlistPatch to make things easier.. :w00t:

btw, is there a way to fix El Capitan's kext permission? As it seems that "sudo diskutil repairPermissions /" no longer works in El Capitan.

• Like 2