Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

yeah now works  update to last beta and all ok np for english my english is bad too don't worry and thanks you get the solution 

other more question any of here get hwmonitor temps with i7 4790k and gtx 970  in el capitan i only can get the cpu temps but the gpu i can't :(

Did you install latest HW Monitor?? At process of install, click custumize and get latest GPU Sensor. Just my opinion :)

• Like 1

Did you install latest HW Monitor?? At process of install, click custumize and get latest GPU Sensor. Just my opinion :)

no i don't install i return to yosemite all working right very fast. I will wait to official el capitan release with better support but its a nice system that el capitan version

I did not even manage to boot after updating to Beta 4. Let alone using that as a daily driver :/

AFAIK, for Beta 4 you need to move all kext injection to S\L\E before update to beta 4. If you update to beta 4 but didn't move those anyway then you should move it manually and don't forget repair permissions. Sorry for my bad english. 

Well done :)

Is this an eGPU or internal?

If it's an eGPU could you please share your kexts with us?

My  960 is on PciE 1 X16 and GTX 660Ti on PciE 2 x8

I used WebDriver-346.03.01b06

Fred  :wink_anim:

right now running public beta 4 very fast and stable and yes i do have nvidia 970 working with the beta drivers 

Same here. Had some issues upgrading because Clover wasn't updated to the latest version before the upgrade (had the last June build). I had to use the USB tool that is available here in the forum to rebuild a USB installer, restart the machine (without USB because I had deleted the USB kext), use remote desktop to install the USB kext, reboot with USB, upgrade Clover, and it's all good. :) Before upgrading Clover, I was getting stuck at the "Missing Bluetooth Controller" error, which was making me think it was an Nvidia problem (since I have the 970 as well, I need the Nvidia driver).

Anyway, it's working and it feels snappy, though Geekbench results are about the same as PB3 and PB2, and identical to 10.10.4's anyway… :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would so much rather the built-in drivers support Maxwell.  My guess is that, at least for now, they don't.  

But then surely the web drivers offer more performance as they're crafted by Nvidia, and not by apple who don't use maxwell cards in their systems.

Anyone using this:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4095 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x13c2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.2f.00.72

It's a 
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Card GV-N970IXOC-4GD

It works for the most part on B07 (But will instant reboot if I try to use native OS X drivers)

I am noticing some Graphical glitches every now and again. I am using DUAL 34" LG ultra wide PLS displays via Display port

Anyone have any ideas how to better this? or any info?

Thanks

I'm using a GTX 980 and with latest NVIDIA WebDriver 346.03.01b07 my TFT switches after successful Init of GPU ( NVDAStartup:Web ) to Energy-saving Mode. With Yosemite I can boot withou Problems - same with "nv_disable=1". Is there any hope to get the GTX working ?

Hope NVIDIA will fix this until to the Release …

Sorry to re-post but it seems my previous post has been ignored or no one knows?

I am running the 

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4095 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x13c2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.2f.00.72

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Card GV-N970IXOC-4GD

It works for the most part on B07 (But will instant reboot if I try to use native OS X drivers)

I am noticing some Graphical glitches every now and again. I am using DUAL 34" LG ultra wide PLS displays via Display port

Thanks

Sorry to re-post but it seems my previous post has been ignored or no one knows?

I am running the 

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4095 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x13c2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.2f.00.72

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Card GV-N970IXOC-4GD

Thanks

Not really, man.

And, although sometimes posts can get lost due to large number of people posting, sometimes patience is the key. :)

Now, I wish I had at least one of your displays... :))) I'm dying to get my hands on a PLS display from Samsung. ONE. I can't even dream of two. :)

Anyway, sometimes, you can try fixing this by clearing kernel cache with this command (and reboot after):

sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
reboot now

I'm usually doing it in Single-user verbose mode. For that, you would need to do one extra step to get the system in read-write mode:

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
reboot now

Sometimes it helps with the reboots. And, at least for the purpose of this test, try to disable SIP (in case you haven't already). See if that makes any difference.

Also, if you're on DP7, try to upgrade to DP8, see if that helps.

Not really, man.

And, although sometimes posts can get lost due to large number of people posting, sometimes patience is the key. :)

Now, I wish I had at least one of your displays... :))) I'm dying to get my hands on a PLS display from Samsung. ONE. I can't even dream of two. :)

Anyway, sometimes, you can try fixing this by clearing kernel cache with this command (and reboot after):

reboot now

I'm usually doing it in Single-user verbose mode. For that, you would need to do one extra step to get the system in read-write mode:

/sbin/mount -uw /
reboot now

Sometimes it helps with the reboots. And, at least for the purpose of this test, try to disable SIP (in case you haven't already). See if that makes any difference.

More importantly, this is hijacking the thread, which is bad. If you want help with your setup (which a perfectly legit thing), please create a thread for that in the appropriate forum section. This thread is for updates regarding Nvidia's Web Driver in El Capitan, which is why you're not seeing any help coming regarding your question. This is just basic forum etiquette. 

Considering the above, I'd point out that there's no such thing as "native drivers" for the GTX 970. Instant reboots could be caused by a myriad of issues and without your specific boot log, it'll be hard to help… which shouldn't happen in this thread anyway. Your setup seems to be working anyway, so I'm not sure what the issue is. When you do create the proper post, make sure to include pictures (ideally photos, not screenshots) of said glitches. Your setup is quite atypical (dual 34'' via DP) so there are tons of things that can affect your experience. With such a setup, sometimes your best bet is a proper Mac because with a hackintosh, you're always gambling (and most of us are fine with it)… :)

Have a good day.

• Like 1

Not really, man.

reboot now

/sbin/mount -uw /
reboot now

Thanks, Yea, dual of these guys may be over-kill TBH. but, its quite nice :)

Here is a picture of what is looks like: http://rhcp011235.rocks/image/2c3m003M2W2p

It seems to be less flickery if i reboot a few times, I guess maybe i am catching something at the right time? I honestly do not know. 

I am hoping we should see GM of both 10.11 and IOS 9 by the end of the day and maybe some updated NVIDIA drivers.