Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

GM drivers are working fine for me on the 10.11.1 public beta. You need to manually install them with a tool like Pacifist, then make the 15AXXX to 15B edit in NVDAStartupWeb like before.

And that looks like output from the 'metalinfo' app that netkas released over the summer.

I did install them via pacifist. but, I did not understand how to make the change in NVDAStartupWeb as its a binary fine.

​The info.plist doesn't have that stated. Any kind of how-to or can you explain?

Also the tool to get the metal info: http://netkas.org/?p=1405

I did install them via pacifist. but, I did not understand how to make the change in NVDAStartupWeb as its a binary fine.

​The info.plist doesn't have that stated. Any kind of how-to or can you explain?

The change is in the plist inside the kext:

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Open it with any decent text editor (textmate, bbedit, etc.) and you should be able to edit the version it checks for, the specific key is:

NVDARequiredOS

default value: 15A284

change to: 15B

• Like 1

The change is in the plist inside the kext:

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Open it with any decent text editor (textmate, bbedit, etc.) and you should be able to edit the version it checks for, the specific key is:

NVDARequiredOS

default value: 15A284

change to: 15B

Many thanks!

I do see this now!

Hopefully there is no stability issues in 10.11.1 because on 10.10. its working wonderful with the new drivers

Hy,

I use 15B22c (10.11.1beta). I was able to use the latest web driver 346.03.02f01 only if i put the NVDAStartupWeb.kext in clover kext folder. If I modify on SLE location invalid signature error come up and do not load it. As do not know how to sign a kext I use this method. finally works.

In regard of Performance please see the attached pic. : Earlier fps was about 100-110 , currently 126-127. it looks a significant improvement.

metal :  please see the attachment 2. It means metal is OK, and supported?

Thanks for any comment.

Peter

post-1600553-0-63268000-1443908459_thumb.png

post-1600553-0-36876200-1443908658_thumb.png

Hy.

In regard of Metal I have no idea how to test especially the performance. The small tool posted here (metal.zip) can result a text output to show compatibility, but I do not know what we have to see to be sure 'metal is working'

P.

Yep, and Metal is designed in focus of devices with small/lower CPU power. Like iOS devices.

The goal is to reduce cpu task overhead of opengl = faster Opengl.

The slower the cpu the more metal will have an effect. The faster the cpu much less effect because the gpu itself is the bottleneck at fast i7 / Xeon systems.

The worst case for metal ist very fast multicore CPU and slow-midrange gpu = in this case sure less than 10% metal speed effect, were slower (iOS & CO) cpus the effect can be >>100% speed advantage.

So apps (and OS X itself) will not be all "metalled" in short time. They developer will first - and this make sense - use metal for their iOS apps and games.

Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.02f02 its good for me

Fred :thumbsup_anim:

It seems to work well for now. Have less performance than the 346.03.02f01 GLview test except for GL 4.1 i think is the best performance i have registered.

It seems to work well for now. Have less performance than the 346.03.02f01 GLview test except for GL 4.1 i think is the best performance i have registered.

I have not thought of before test

but here the result of my GTX960

post-1181448-0-40701600-1444154131_thumb.png