Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

For me, FCPX works very well

I have also done the test BryceX, 17.3 seconds

Everything is fine, I'm fine

So after updating to these new drivers. My displays are now flickering again :/ I have not had the chance to test FCPX and I'm still wondering if 10.11.4 Beta 4 (fixes FCPX again)

Thanks Guys

• 2 weeks later...

Neither of the 3 drives are working on 10.11.3 on a 980Ti with nvda_drv=1. Only nv_disable with lots of artefacts. 

Will try to upgrade to 10.11.4 and check it out.

Anyone go it successfully? (on this GPU or similar, obviously).

EDIT: Sorry, it IS working, just had a missing configuration. Everything's perfect with nvda_drv=1.

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I have:

Asus GeForce GTX 760

MacOS 10.11.4

Last nVidia driver + CUDA

Display connected with DVI

Clover with:

— arguments: -v kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nvda_drv=1

Inject/NVidia/False

Why QE/Cl is not working? (top line not transparent)

first, web driver even loaded?

Yes, in log — NVDAStartupWeb: Web

But then system started I see OS X Default Driver. I can change it to NVIDIA Web driver, but it don't give me window with Restart button — nothing changes... top line not transparent

May be I need add

dart=0

npci=0x2000

or

Trust = true 

?

Nothing work...

Edited by 13i

Strange issues with 346.03.05f02 on 10.11.3 (346.03.05f01 works perfectly). 

I get black screen instead of login screen. When I connect via remote desktop, suddenly the display becomes active (weird!). Yes, it's using the web driver. I have a GTX 980 with the display on the DVI connector. Once logged in after activating the screen via remote desktop, the UI hangs every couple of seconds and makes it unusable. I downgraded to 346.03.05f01 and it's fine again. 

Final driver made my image in Photoshop break when i use some tools (like clone or healing), beta driver no problem, from 11.3 i have this problem too with final driver ! Illustrator still crash ... GPU performace need to disable to fix 

Again I shall ask this repeat of a question. I know i should test it on my own. but, I'm guessing someone here has updated :)

10.11.4 + new web drivers - Is final cut pro X working?

Thanks to anyone whom can tell me.

Again I shall ask this repeat of a question. I know i should test it on my own. but, I'm guessing someone here has updated :)

10.11.4 + new web drivers - Is final cut pro X working?

Thanks to anyone whom can tell me.

Yes, the FCP issues were fixed a while ago.

EDIT - RESOLVED, ISSUE WAS STRAY CHARACTER FROM FAT FINGER IN BEGINNING OF AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext PLIST FILE

Hey everyone - getting the black screen with the new web drivers 346.03.06f01 with 10.11.4. I am using iMac 17,1 on skylake board with GTX970 and have followed the usual procedure of:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and changing Mac-DB15BD556843C820 to "none"

then

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

I have double & triple checked that all these things are right, but still getting the black screen after apple logo and currently using nv_disable=1. The above fix worked great for 10.11.0 - 10.11.3, any ideas?

Thanks!

Updated to 10.11.4 and also the web driver to the most recent version and I can't get into desktop, I get gray screen with mouse pointer, no more...

EDIT. Using the TAB key and typing the password I got into desktop, so my problem is that I can't see the login screen... Any suggestions?

GTX 950 works 10.11.4 but bad result opencl/gl , no works with smbios Macpro 6,1 , works with iMac 14,2  :mad: , very bad GC nV  :sick:

very good HD 7950 !  :thumbsup_anim:

Do you have specific numbers for your "bad result opencl/gl"?  I'm pretty sure it's expected that the MacPro6,1 won't work correctly unless you have hardware that matches that config (i.e. Xeons with an X79 chipset).  I'm using a TITAN X as an iMac14,2 because I have the same CPU/chipset as those real Macs.

Do you have specific numbers for your "bad result opencl/gl"?  I'm pretty sure it's expected that the MacPro6,1 won't work correctly unless you have hardware that matches that config (i.e. Xeons with an X79 chipset).  I'm using a TITAN X as an iMac14,2 because I have the same CPU/chipset as those real Macs.

:)

GTX 950 opengl = 62 fps 

https://youtu.be/V-0Eep2ykDA

post-1093405-0-40882200-1458850829_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-88689100-1458850862_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-58410900-1458851102_thumb.png

Would love some help here,

After the 10.10.4 update, system booted no problem with nvda_drv=1, the driver manager automatically switched to default driver and prompted for update. I installed the update, os x booted normally with WEB driver active, everything was perfect. Unfortunately, another reboot, i can't get it to work with nvda_drv=1 anymore. Tried enabling or disabling the WEB driver in Nvidia Driver manager, but to no avail, the only way to boot is with nvdisable. Any ideas what's causing this issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, reinstalling the drivers worked just fine(didn't think the problem was so simple)

• 2 weeks later...