Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

Can you reach the desktop ? If so, you should be able to fix permissions & repair kernel cache using InsanelyRepairPermission.

Download it and place it in /usr/local/bin (so you can run it directly in single user mode when needed) then run the following terminal command :

sudo InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /

Can you reach the desktop ? If so, you should be able to fix permissions & repair kernel cache using InsanelyRepairPermission.

Download it and place it in /usr/local/bin (so you can run it directly in single user mode when needed) then run the following terminal command :

sudo InsanelyRepairPermission -rt /

Yep, can reach desktop. I think it's using the default 10.11.2 kext's.  I get a bunch of repair errors:

post-1524866-0-35204600-1450357511_thumb.png

You guys are amazing. Disabling SIP, repairing, leaving SIP disabled and installing drivers worked. Now I can use CUDA in After Effects and Premiere :D

I had to enable SIP again.

Anyone know why it wouldn't let me install the Web drivers without disabling SIP? The older drivers let me install it without disabling SIP.

Thank youuuuu

• Like 3

I asked because users with old (and real) Macs, but not supported by El Capitan... are using hackintosh bootloader :D.

I'm in 10.11.0 after a clean install, so it's intresting to know that NVDIA Web Driver package can not longer install with SIP enabled... where have you got the package??

Are you using BootLegacyBIOS in Clover or PBR? PBR should not change between vanilla and web drivers if you are totally UEFI.

I asked because users with old (and real) Macs, but not supported by El Capitan... are using hackintosh bootloader :D.

I'm in 10.11.0 after a clean install, so it's intresting to know that NVDIA Web Driver package can not longer install with SIP enabled... where have you got the package??

I have my SIP partially enabled (0x3)

• Like 1

yeah its a 2014, that came with Mavericks and I upgraded to El Capitan (fresh install actually). On 10.11.0, 10.11.1 I didn't have hiccup with the updated driver.

I got the web driver from this forum.

BTW these drivers are awesome and glad nVidia still updates. I get almost twice the performance in CUDA on this measly 750m on certain applications. AMD never has any custom drivers and even on Windows their drivers are subpar at best.

WebDriver-346.03.04f02.pkg

Thx now it works

you're welcome  ^_^

Any Performance issues with this Patch ?

if you note some performance issues, it certainly is not related to this patch but more to the driver itself

Can I update normally as soon as a official update is available ?

yes, of course 

indeed, you still can use the app to update your current driver version with a new beta or a final release when this one will be rebuilt. 

Hey Guys,

I am using an 

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Card GV-N970IXOC-4GD

Link to Card: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQUMGM0

I am using a 4 monitor setup.

3 are using the Display Ports and one is using the HDMI 2.0 Port.

I am getting some flickering effects on my middle screen. and only the middle screen.

And on the 4th display with HDMI (I am not getting 60HZ 4K) - I seem to be getting 30HZ only. When i run this in windows (I get 60HZ)

Anyone have any ideas? I will attach my build + pic of setup.

Build: https://p.rhcp011235.rocks/view/11bc8849

Picture of setup: http://rhcp011235.rocks/0v3f2H0M431L

Thanks to anyone whom can help me out here.