OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

The program starts and it looks fine (installed it via Pacifist) so i think this is a bug. I am talking about iLok License Manager App + iLok2 USB-Stick, the error-message is :

"Error communicating with an iLok. A USB failure has been detected." This is an rare already known issue but i think its related to PACE/iLok. so..offtopic.

I try to install another app from a .pkg because im wondering about that "Failed Installation"-Error.. just tried Kext Drop but it didnt changed anything. All other USB-Devices on all ports are running fine now so its not USB-related.

Look at the package log in the top bar

PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb2243c1bc0 {Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 "(null)"}, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=("-update-volume", "/","-Installer" )} { NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information."; NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"(null)\""; arguments =("-update-volume","/","-Installer");}

so..what means kextcache Code=71?

It's the postinstall script secrete? :D  or we can take a look?

the error comes from a call to kextcache command for a null argument!

Or maibe InsanelyRepairPermission Secrete?  :lol:

• Like 2

InsanelyRepairPermission has a lot of code inside, contain also an entire framenwork that manage disks (here just determine file system) that normally I sell ;) ..you want to buy it? :hysterical: 

anyway:

\"(null)\""; arguments =("-update-volume","/","-Installer");}

the missing arg is "/usr/sbin/kextcache"

Is not a script..is obj-c code, the NSString var (launchpath) is nil B) and you are using NSTask (or the tool you are using)

isn't just 0x03 enough?

I don't think recovery is necessary.

0x01 Is sufficient to load third party kexts with the right permissions. 

Reading this topic, i don't get what the whole permission issue is here, but that might just be me.

I copied my kexts to /L/E, and even installed some to /S/L/E, always repaired permissions with the following commands: 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

I don't even think all are needed. Kext Utility does a great job also. 

After the kernel cache is rebuild, SIP can fully be enabled untill the next update, mine is currently set at 0x00.

Also, if an installer failes, the installer probably is corrupt. Download it again and install it. 

If it fails because of a permission issue, just don't install it! There is a reason why it is blocked.

Anyway, i just scrolled over the posts quickly like most people do, and the above came up. My laptop is in repair once again, so my information might be incorrect since i can not check/test it atm. 

• Like 1

I dont have any problems installing other software/kexts etc. But maybe i should install a fresh version of 10.11 instead of upgrading from my old system / yosemite.                                          Is there a solution to fix this: http://pastebin.com/Kdc8qGtU ?

If it fails because of a permission issue, just don't install it   

I wish i could skip this ilok F**k but i need this dongle for using some really good plugins.

ndx2014.. sag mal hast du das Ding hier ?

http://www.amazon.de/Digidesign-ProTools-Pace-iLok-Smart/dp/B0006AZLT4

Dann schmeiss doch weg das Ding wenn es nicht unter Mac funktioniert oder geh wieder zum blöden Windoof.

Du machst dich hier fix und fertig über zig Seiten, wegen so einen blöden USB Stick.

Edited by fantomas1
auf Englisch bitte !!! :)
  • Like 1

ndx2014.. sag mal hast du das Ding hier ?

http://www.amazon.de/Digidesign-ProTools-Pace-iLok-Smart/dp/B0006AZLT4

Dann schmeiss doch weg das Ding wenn es nicht unter Mac funktioniert oder geh wieder zum blöden Windoof.

Du machst dich hier fix und fertig über zig Seiten, wegen so einen blöden USB Stick.

Ich habe mal gelacht, danke.

@ Action you can buy a USB wifi dongle for €6,99. The delivered software for osx is useless, but a new installer can be downloaded from their site. Realtek chipset. Works great for my Acer, and for that price i can't complane.

Action is a store in the Netherlands and Germany that sells cheap stuff, perhaps other countrys also.

Ja habe ich, aber mit Lizenzen im Wert von ca. 600 Euro drauf. Und da ich Logic und andere Programme nutze (und mir außerdem Windows zu unzuverlässig ist + lausige Perfomance) bin ich auf Mac OSX angewiesen. Is auch egal, ich installier grad ne saubere neue 10.11 Version auf eine 2. Partition. ^^

Anyone have any luck with HDMI audio with HD4600? Using Toleda's CloverALC command. Kext patches show up, realtekALC inserted in kext folder on EFI partition, and AppleHDA.kext edited. Other sound outputs work, just not HDMI.

I'm not using HDMI audio. But I do remember toleda's script asking about fixing HDMI or something, when running the script. So make sure you agree to that.

Anyway, if you don't have it already, I suggest you get the latest version of toleda's script (I used version d, not sure if there's anything newer than that). Worst case scenario, you can ask toleda himself. He's a nice guy.

Anyone have any luck with HDMI audio with HD4600? Using Toleda's CloverALC command. Kext patches show up, realtekALC inserted in kext folder on EFI partition, and AppleHDA.kext edited. Other sound outputs work, just not HDMI.

I remember CloverALC does not patch HDMI Audio. There is another toleda's repo that do this.

The command asks if you want to enable hdmi audio for 4600 and I said yes. I think I need to make dsdt edits as well. That's my next thing to try.

Before doing that, I would ask toleda about this issue. Get his opinion on it. DSDT edits might not be necessary. But before you dive into it and maybe break something, I say you talk to him. You've got nothing to lose.

think I need to make dsdt edits as well.

Native AppleHDA.kext does not support Desktop/HD4600: ALC script enables AppleHDA.kext/HD4600 HDMI audio.

OS X HDMI audio is not supported with non native hardware; HDMI audio dsdt edits or ssdt injection required.

See Post #1, Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio.  Suggest ssdt injection/1. Intel integrated graphics/2. Haswell . . .

No changes in 10.11 from 10.10.

• Like 2

Native AppleHDA.kext does not support Desktop/HD4600: ALC script enables AppleHDA.kext/HD4600 HDMI audio.

OS X HDMI audio is not supported with non native hardware; HDMI audio dsdt edits or ssdt injection required.

See Post #1, Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio.  Suggest ssdt injection/1. Intel integrated graphics/2. Haswell . . .

No changes in 10.11 from 10.10.

Hi Toleda - I added the SSDT and still no luck. I posted my issue in a more appropriate thread. Can you take a look at my troubleshooting files? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301137-yosemite-applehda-hdmi-audio/?p=2161868