OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

Anyway, I don't think there was any real need to format anything. But I have to admit, I did it a lot when I first started hackintoshing. So yeah, you'll probably do it too.

Ain't that the truth!

arsradu

followed your steps, installed clover 3253+rtvariables+cp -R -v kexts to L/E etc. but hang on black screen now (-v dont show anything than black). my old config from clover 2348 didnt worked, even with that rtvariables flag. i try now my 10.11 install stick with that flag.

Ain't that the truth!

Yep. My hard drive knows best. :)) OS X and Ubuntu were the most "formatted" operating systems ever. A friend of mine taught me how to use Ubuntu (I've been a Windows user for many years), but of course he couldn't teach me everything. So...most of the things I had to learn the hard way, after fubar-ing (f***ed up beyond any recognition) that OS like no one has done before. It's amazing how well you learn from that.

followed your steps, installed clover 3253+rtvariables+cp -R -v kexts to L/E etc. but hang on black screen now (-v dont show anything than black). my old config from clover 2348 didnt worked, even with that rtvariables flag. i try now my 10.11 install stick with that flag.

1. don't use anything older than 3253 for Clover. Especially for ElCapitan.

2. did you run the copy command as sudo?

Judging from what you're telling me, I've got a few reasons for your unbootable system:

1.your FakeSMC kext is not loaded. So, could you make sure you ran that command as sudo, and also, that the folder and subsequent subfolders inside the FakeSMC.kext (right click -> Show Package Contents) have the permissions set as in the attached screenshot?

post-1303722-0-25736500-1439139427.png

2. the way you added those things in Clover config file is not ok. Could you please, copy-paste your RtVariable section of the clover config to take a look at how you added those things? If you've got sensitive information like MLB serial or ROM in there, please, remove them. We're not interested in that.

3. you let the SIP enabled. I know I said you can enable SIP. But only after you have a perfectly bootable system. Not before. If you want, you can set that to 0x01 for now.

i dont get it.. booting with the Clover 3248  10.11 install stick (where i just added rtvariables) first got stuck on 100% loaded apple logo, then with -v finally let me login DP5. Why Clover 3253 dont work here? How to setup the config in there to get it running fine like my old 3248 Config+rtvariables?

i dont get it.. booting with the Clover 3248  10.11 install stick (where i just added rtvariables) first got stuck on 100% loaded apple logo, then with -v finally let me login DP5. Why Clover 3253 dont work here? How to setup the config in there to get it running fine like my old 3248 Config+rtvariables?

I'm not sure it's got anything to do with the config. By default, Clover boots up with SIP disabled, to allow installing everything you need.

So, for now, let's just remove those additions in RtVariables to get rid of one variable in this equation. We can add them later.

I'm not sure why it works with -v (verbose mode) and not without it. For as far as I know, verbose mode is used just for debugging. It doesn't have any effect on the actual functionality. You'll just be able to see what's wrong, if something's wrong.

Did you install Clover 3253 on your computer, after you boot up El Capitan from the USB?

Yes, i run the commands all as sudo, permissions are looking exactly like you postet. I will set the SIP to 0x01 after the next successfull boot (or should i do it now?). I installed Clover 3253 on the EFI partition (on the computer) before i booted but couldnt/stuck on black screen - thats why i inserted my 10.11/Clover3248 Install stick + added rtvariables in the EFI partition of the USB-Stick. I dont think its about the RtVariables because that should be set right by default in Clover 3253..?!

Yes, i run the commands all as sudo, permissions are looking exactly like you postet. I will set the SIP to 0x01 after the next successfull boot. I installed Clover 3253 on the EFI partition before i booted but couldnt/stuck on black screen thats why i inserted my 10.11/Clover3248 Install stick + added rtvariables in the EFI partition of the USB-Stick. Should i copy+paste the RtVariables from the USB Config.plist into 3253 because it seems to work?

How did you install Clover before you booted up? I am talking about installing Clover from El Capitan. But that requires a bootable El Capitan system of course.

So:

1. boot up from the stick (yes, you can add those things in config.plist, although you don't need it for now). At least set it to 0x01 if you do it.

2. after a successful boot up from the USB drive, install Clover from El Capitan.

3. copy-paste your config.plist form the USB, to the HDD (EFI>EFI>CLOVER)

4. reboot

Note, you need 0x01 before you boot up, to allow loading unsigned kexts like FakeSMC. So, no changes in RtVariables (default) OR 0x01 to even have a chance of a successful boot.

I dont think its about the RtVariables because that should be set right by default in Clover 3253..?!

Yes. By default SIP is disabled in Clover. So you don't need to add anything in Clover RtVariables to boot up.

So, you're saying you can boot from the USB stick, but you can't boot from the HDD?

That is correct. The usb stick got Clover 3248 + just added RtVariables.. i could boot with it. So if i replace the 3253 Config.plist in the system HD's EFi partition with the one from the usb stick it would have the 3248 Config. I'm not sure if that works..

The RtVariables in the USB-Stick:

</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>
                        <dict>
                                <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
                                <string>0x67</string>
                                <key>BooterConfig</key>
                                <string>0x28</string>
                        </dict>

That is correct. The usb stick got Clover 3248 + just added RtVariables.. i could boot with it. So if i replace the 3253 Config.plist in the system HD's EFi partition with the one from the usb stick it would have the 3248 Config. I'm not sure if that works..

The RtVariables in the USB-Stick:

</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>0x67</string>

<key>BooterConfig</key>

<string>0x28</string>

</dict>

It should work just fine with the same config.plist.

And, booting with 0x67 manually set up in RtVariables is the same as default (no changes in RtVariables). Because, if I'm not mistaken, Clover boots with 0x67 by default anyway.

Make sure you selected the same things in Clover config upon installations as on the USB drive. Meaning that if you chose to install Clover in ESP on your USB, do the same for the one on your computer. Same for UEFI drivers (if you got a UEFI motherboard). Make sure that what you chose for your USB is the same as what you chose on the computer.

Both Clover versions are in their specific EFI partitions, both are UEFI-only +ESP ..i just rebootet and got stuck, -v shows something with "USBIdentifier" so i write this from my 10.10 partition on another drive.  0x01 @RtVariables on both Configs didnt changed anything.

Both Clover versions are in their specific EFI partitions, both are UEFI-only +ESP ..i just rebootet and got stuck, -v shows something with "USBIdentifier" so i write this from my 10.10 partition on another drive.

Try to boot up 10.11 in single user verbose mode and delete kext caches using this command:

sudo rm /Volumes/ElCapitan/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

Where "ElCapitan" is the name of your El Capitan partition. If that's not its name, modify that part accordingly.

Reboot afterwards.

• Like 1

boot up 10.11 in single user verbose mode

after restoring DP5 backup i could boot with the Clover 3248 Install Stick using -v -UseKernelCache=No

i did update to DP6 and could boot with -v -s 

sudo rm /Volumes/ElCapitan/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

worked. Thanks arsradu ! btw. my last bdmesg (i think i need a fresh config+clover 3253) : http://pastebin.com/qTPiaHNL

Sorry for the mess!

after restoring DP5 backup i could boot with the Clover 3248 Install Stick using -v -UseKernelCache=No

i did update to DP6 and could boot with -v -s 

worked. Thanks arsradu ! btw. my last bdmesg (i think i need a fresh config+clover 3253) : http://pastebin.com/qTPiaHNL

Sorry for the mess!

You still have your kexts in EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11? You don't need them there anymore.

Also, if your Clover is still 3248, yes, it would be probably recommended to update it. Not sure why you would need a new config though.

arsradu

I had only fakesmc in EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10&10.11&other but i deleted them from 10.11 and other now.

I think my config is one of the reasons i get this bdmesg @ http://pastebin.com/qTPiaHNL + a few kexts, wrong permissions..i dont know.

In S/L/E i got alot of kexts, in L/E a few additional which i think i need, like drivers for my firewire audio-interface, uad-card/pci-e and midicontroller..

I had only fakesmc in EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10&10.11&other but i deleted them from 10.11 and other now.

I think my config is one of the reasons i get this bdmesg @ http://pastebin.com/qTPiaHNL + a few kexts, wrong permissions..i dont know.

In S/L/E i got alot of kexts, in L/E a few additional which i think i need, like drivers for my firewire audio-interface, uad-card/pci-e and midicontroller..

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the problem here. You got kexts in S/L/E and L/E. And...what is the problem with them? Also, unless you saw something in that bdmesg log that you shared, that I didn't, I don't know what should I be looking for. 

Not sure this is new in PB4, but permissions in /L/E (and /S/L/E for that matter) are now root:root not root:wheel… :o

Dang: I think I saw that because I was actually in Linux reading my HFS+ partition… Oops! Sorry about the confusion… :X *hidesunderarock*

• Like 2

i saw alot of weird things while booting with -v  and my computer restart when changing something with usb, mostly usb 3.0 ports.. this shows the diagnostics-log:

http://pastebin.com/QnpjR4Q2   but i just had a chat and creating dsdt, install fresh clover + try to build config, if that doesnt work i copy back the EFI from 3248C USB.

You can PM me the config.plist if you want. And I'll try to take a look at it. You can remove any sensitive information from it. I don't need it.

Just so you know:

rootless=0 -> not needed (anymore)

slide=0 -> not needed (if I'm not mistaken, it's added by Clover anyway, so you don't need to add it manually)

I'm not expecting a clean boot in verbose mode cause I'm pretty sure some hardware component will trigger an error. But KP is not ok indeed. And my USBs (including USB3.0) are working fine. So, if you want, I can take a look. And if I spot anything weird, I'll let you know. Also, as I said, a Clover update might be good anyway, no matter of what you do with the config.plist file.

• Like 1

What's the trick for USB3.0? :o

There is no magic here. :) So, you're saying that, if you plug something into a USB3 port on your computer, it wouldn't get picked up by the system? Cause I got no issues with that.

Did you check FixUSB in your config? Maybe that's why.

hi

just to clarify a thing... I read in a post that using ' f ' option with -R option (like that -Rf) would force permissions to change but it's not correct.

in fact, -Rf it makes no sense and means absolutely nothing... there's no ' f ' in chmod command but ' -f ' and it's not meaning ' force ' but ' Do not display a diagnostic message if chmod could not modify the mode for file '.

in -Rf case, only -R is taken into account... it's why you can see the command working but not in the way you want.

if you want to know what you can do with chmod, then tape man chmod

it also works with chown

^_^

• Like 6

hi

just to clarify a thing... I read in a post that using ' f ' option with -R option (like that -Rf) would force permissions to change but it's not correct.

in fact, -Rf it makes no sense and means absolutely nothing... there's no ' f ' in chmod command but ' -f ' and it's not meaning ' force ' but ' Do not display a diagnostic message if chmod could not modify the mode for file '.

in -Rf case, only -R is taken into account... it's why you can see the command working but not in the way you want.

if you want to know what you can do with chmod, then tape man chmod

it also works with chown

^_^

Yes !

I once stated that in one of my post and I was totally wrong. I don't know if it's this particular post you mention (not egocentric enough to think so :D) but apologies if it's misleading some people around here :blush: .

• Like 2