OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

FakeSMC isn't loaded properly during boot stage

or something related to your nvidia graphics card... booting with nv_disable=1 flag should be enough to pass through 

I have tried nv_disable=1 ,same result.

attached is my verbose boot screen

take a look.

@macq

you have a Usb 3.0 port?

if yes, try install using this port.

No I dont have usb3.0.

Actually I have tried all I could research, boot flags, removing intel graphics kexts, making the usb install manually, and by chris111 clover app,/using terminal command etc.

its always stuck at this step.

very frustrating.

hello

don't see in ur photo any msg related with dsmos .. maybe u have fakesmc problems .. should have before the iobluetooth msg something related with dsmos

good hack

I have tried nv_disable=1 ,same result.

attached is my verbose boot screen

take a look.

I'm not seing "got boot device blablabla" in your screenshot. I'm not sure that is the problem but do you end up with a "still waiting for root device" ? If so, take a look at the Guide to fix Intel USB in El Capitan thread. Seems like you may have a problem with your USB2 ports.

• Like 1

thanks everyone  for suggestions, fakesmc does load it appears early in the boot process, but i do end up with still waiting for root device so I'll look into usb 2. ports fix as suggested.

Will report back later.

Hi, 

As i had talked in posts 235 and 240, I went through the usb fix for el capitan  thread,but that talks about fixing non working usb ports in system which are already running el capitan.

How do I go about it as I can't even boot the usb to install it to my system. I have the latest fakesmc.kext, my dsdt has EHC1 and 2 for usb ports and no usb ports to begin with.I have tried various smbios.plist, I tried replacing nvidia kexts from yosemite into the installer,still stuck at "missing bluetooth controller  transport".

What now?!!!!

Wow people still use 32bit OSX apps?

No Offence intended but, i guess sometimes its best to plug the brain before firing up the fingers.

MANY developers even making applications for 64bit Systems STILL build 32bit only applications.... 

So yes, people interested on those applications STILL use them.

have a nice day.

----------------------------?/

By the way, just installed latest public release and incredibly, since on Yosemite i Had to patch different things, all works OOB. go figure.

Hi, 

As i had talked in posts 235 and 240, I went through the usb fix for el capitan  thread,but that talks about fixing non working usb ports in system which are already running el capitan.

How do I go about it as I can't even boot the usb to install it to my system. I have the latest fakesmc.kext, my dsdt has EHC1 and 2 for usb ports and no usb ports to begin with.I have tried various smbios.plist, I tried replacing nvidia kexts from yosemite into the installer,still stuck at "missing bluetooth controller  transport".

What now?!!!!

No.

Actually, the thread is about fixing ports recognition in El Capitan but you can prepare a dummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext directly in Yosemite. Just refer to what your DSDT/IOReg tells you about how your USB ports are set and starting from this, you should be able to determine what's the correct addresses of them and hence what's need to be remove/modify in the dummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext.

In short, use DSDT and SMBios infos to build your own dummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext and place it in Clover Kext folder (or Extra/Extensions if you're using Chameleon).

Hopefully, that should fix your "still waiting for root deviice" issue.

No.

Actually, the thread is about fixing ports recognition in El Capitan but you can prepare a dummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext directly in Yosemite. Just refer to what your DSDT/IOReg tells you about how your USB ports are set and starting from this, you should be able to determine what's the correct addresses of them and hence what's need to be remove/modify in the dummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext.

In short, use DSDT and SMBios infos to build your own dummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext and place it in Clover Kext folder (or Extra/Extensions if you're using Chameleon).

Hopefully, that should fix your "still waiting for root deviice" issue.

polyzargone

Actually have got it going by just renaming

EHC1->EH01

EHC2->EH02

in dsdt, so far seems to be working without issues, posting this from capitan. will see how this affects other functions if any. 

Many thanks for your suggestions to look into usb issues fixes.

• Like 1

I hope everyone keeps in mind that a report sent from a hack does nothing but hinder and confuse the debug process..

I'm 100% certain Apple can distinguish a report from a hack vs. genuine Mac.

I don't think the engineers at Apple will be "confused" in the slightest.

• Like 2

its the burden of having hundreds of extra false reports to go through for no reason..  plz don't feed the animals!

I'm almost certain an automatic process separates them...

Note: I always turn this off, but my motivation has nothing to do with wanting to avoid "confusing" Apple staff.

• Like 2

I'm 100% certain Apple can distinguish a report from a hack vs. genuine Mac.

I don't think the engineers at Apple will be "confused" in the slightest.

They can distinguish it, but it is still a total waste of time, bandwith and computer power-  and i very much doubt this process is automated else genuine reports would also be ignored.

... and i very much doubt this process is automated else genuine reports would also be ignored.

I'm 100% certain that detecting a hack from genuine is not difficult and can be easily automated.

• Like 1

I'm 100% certain that detecting a hack from genuine is not difficult and can be easily automated.

+1...

at the bottom of each report you can see a description of your config... an iMac12,1 with an AMD processor!?!?!   :lol:

Don't Steal Mac.kext is so obsolete in this case... they will create a new Stop Sending Your Stupid Reports.kext    lol-4.gif

they also could making a compilation for new year celebrations... a blooper... with all reports from hackintosh and laughing together    :gathering:

sorry guys for this off topic  ^_^

• Like 5

+1...

at the bottom of each report you can see a description of your config... an iMac12,1 with an AMD processor!?!?!   :lol:

Don't Steal Mac.kext is so obsolete in this case... they will create a new Stop Sending Your Stupid Reports.kext    lol-4.gif

they also could making a compilation for new year celebrations... a blooper... with all reports from hackintosh and laughing together    :gathering:

sorry guys for this off topic  ^_^

Sure but some people actually use hardware that matches macs rather than toasters or kettles.

Everything can be automated, luckily not everything currently is.

• Like 1