clover doesnt want to work boot1 error uefi efi fat32

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 876 posts

I get "boot0af: error". I have to choose a theme for strength?

Have a look at the Clover wiki - are you sure you have correctly formatted the EFI partition to FAT32?

When installing Clover in legacy mode for my legacy BIOS machines, I usually install into the EFI eg

Spoiler

I don't have this option.

Make sure your config.plist scans for tool entries in the GUI section eg

Spoiler

Personally, I would have another go at trying to add Clover as a UEFI entry in your BIOS startup options.  There are 2 main ways:

1.  Through an EFI shell.  See Part 4.1 of @Rednous's guide.

2.  Through EasyUEFI in UEFI Windows.  See Part 3 Install Windows/Add Missing Clover UEFI Entry of @GhostRaider's guide.

gengik84

gengik84

InsanelyMac Top V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts

Goodmorning everyone.

Not selecting the ESP, you install the bootloader in the root, this should not lead to startup problems.
It can be done with chameleon.
Also try to replace vbox.efi with hfsplus.efi, Efi folder / clover / driver64UEFI.
 also ask you:
As far as I know this MB does not have UEFI bios, the official site asus is not mentioned.

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Goodmorning everyone.

Not selecting the ESP, you install the bootloader in the root, this should not lead to startup problems.
It can be done with chameleon.
Also try to replace vbox.efi with hfsplus.efi, Efi folder / clover / driver64UEFI.
 also ask you:
As far as I know this MB does not have UEFI bios, the official site asus is not mentioned.

Nope, it doesn't work, I get boot0af: error.

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Nope, it doesn't work, I get boot0af: error.

Restart from the beginning. Do a full wipe, then do as the wiki said

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Restart from the beginning. Do a full wipe, then do as the wiki said

Which wiki? I have to reinstall Yosemite again? D:

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Which wiki? I have to reinstall Yosemite again? D:

Full wipe your entire HDD, then reinstall things, and also follow the instruction in the AIO guide

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Full wipe your entire HDD, then reinstall things, and also follow the instruction in the AIO guide

I've reinstalled Yosemite, now?

gengik84

gengik84

InsanelyMac Top V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts

do you want to install the bootloader in ESP?

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

do you want to install the bootloader in ESP?

Just that it works D:

gengik84

gengik84

InsanelyMac Top V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts

you can boot from HD?

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Nope, it skips the boot to the next drive D:

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 876 posts

@GAalexandres,

We need more information ie is there a problem/error with the Clover install or your BIOS (poor implementation of UEFI)? 

Were you able to add Clover as a UEFI entry in your BIOS through Clover's EFI shell?

Assuming you have copied the Clover folder from your USB (or installed Clover) into the EFI partition, what happens when you try to boot to the Yosemite drive by choosing it with the F8 key (to bring up the BIOS boot menu)?  You can also try temporarily disconnecting your other drives to prevent the BIOS from skipping to the next drive.

Can you try installing Clover in legacy mode into the EFI (with the install options from post#81) and

1.  Upload the Clover install log?  It should be located in the EFI/EFI folder as shown below....

Spoiler

2.  Upload information about your EFI partition.  Open OSX terminal and type diskutil info disk#s1 (#=disk number of your Yosemite disk) eg

Spoiler

If all else fails, we can use the Windows bootloader on your Windows drive to chainload to legacy Clover (or Chameleon) on your Yosemite drive and then boot to OSX - see guide here.

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

1) I don't think there are problem with these.

2) No, it says bcfg is not recognized as an internal command.

3) If I boot from the Yosemite HDD it skips the boot to the next drive, ok I'll try.

4)

Spoiler

5)

Spoiler

Ok, now finally it works!!!

I can boot the HDD with Clover, but it doesn't see any drive, how can I boot trough it?

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 876 posts

Great!

Now you have to copy the config.plist, DSDT/SSDT.aml file(s) which are specific to your system into the Clover folder (copy the ones that work from your USB ---> into the EFI/Clover folder of your hard disk's EFI).

- Put config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER directory

- Put DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
    - Put FakeSMC.kext and other kexts required in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.x (where x is your version of OSX)

Good Luck!

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Great!

Now you have to copy the config.plist, DSDT/SSDT.aml file(s) which are specific to your system into the Clover folder (copy the ones that work from your USB ---> into the EFI/Clover folder of your hard disk's EFI).

- Put config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER directory

- Put DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
    - Put FakeSMC.kext and other kexts required in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.x (where x is your version of OSX)

Good Luck!

Where can I get DSDT/SSDT.aml files?
I've done all the rest, same problem.

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 876 posts

You may or may not require a patched DSDT/SSDT.aml to boot - if you are able to boot Yosemite from your Clover install USB, then there is no reason why copying the entire EFI folder from the USB into the EFI partition of the hard disk won't work.

If you want to extract your native DSDT/SSDT, you can press <F4> when you reach the Clover main menu ---> the files will be saved to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.  They can then be patched with a program like MaciASL, and the patched files copied back to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Alternatively, Clover has the ability to patch your native DSDT "on the fly" through its config.plist - you can experiment by tweaking the various DSDT fixes in the ACPI section of the config.plist on your USB.

Have a look at the AIO guides: DSDT/SSDT: Basic knowledge

Clover wiki: Fixing DSDT

Google "OSX P8P67 DSDT" and see what others have done :).

PS It is often useful to examine/upload Clover's boot log if there are any issues - found in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI (or type bdmesg in terminal).  For early stage boot problems, you can set Debug to true in your config.plist (warning;turning on this log will dramatically increase loading time as it has to write the log to the disk as it goes).

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

You may or may not require a patched DSDT/SSDT.aml to boot - if you are able to boot Yosemite from your Clover install USB, then there is no reason why copying the entire EFI folder from the USB into the EFI partition of the hard disk won't work.

If you want to extract your native DSDT/SSDT, you can press <F4> when you reach the Clover main menu ---> the files will be saved to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.  They can then be patched with a program like MaciASL, and the patched files copied back to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Alternatively, Clover has the ability to patch your native DSDT "on the fly" through its config.plist - you can experiment by tweaking the various DSDT fixes in the ACPI section of the config.plist on your USB.

Have a look at the AIO guides: DSDT/SSDT: Basic knowledge

Clover wiki: Fixing DSDT

Google "OSX P8P67 DSDT" and see what others have done :).

PS It is often useful to examine/upload Clover's boot log if there are any issues - found in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI (or type bdmesg in terminal).  For early stage boot problems, you can set Debug to true in your config.plist (warning;turning on this log will dramatically increase loading time as it has to write the log to the disk as it goes).

Ok I don't need DSDT/SSDT files, but how can I boot a drive if it doesn't see anything? This is the log.

Spoiler

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 876 posts

The boot log in the post above shows a successful boot (with correct boot entries being created) from your Clover installer USB, not your Hard Drive....

3:425 0:000 SelfDevicePath=PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1A,0x0)\USB(0x0,0x0)\USB(0x0,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,E910A55C-1CA8-4231-9E4F-D5AA77D574A7,0x64028,0xE478A0) @DE001818

Info that would be useful:

1.  Mount the EFI of your HD and copy /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist ---> upload here as config.plist_HDD

Spoiler

2.. Mount the EFI of your Clover Installer USB and copy /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist ---> upload here as config.plist_USB

3.  We need a boot log when you boot Clover from the HDD (remove your USB).  Set Debug to true in your HDD's config.plist and when booting Clover on the HDD, Press <F3> at the Clover Main Menu to unhide any hidden entries and F10 to save a screenshot to /EFI/CLOVER/misc.  Upload debug.log from HDD's EFI /EFI/CLOVER/misc.

Edit 6/10/15.

So... now?

Sorry man,

Without providing a debug.log when you boot the HDD Clover (do you even see the Clover Main Menu?  Have you enabled debug in your HDD config.plist?), we are all just guessing what the problem is.....

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

1) config.plist_HDD

Spoiler

2) config.plist_USB

Spoiler

3)  I don't have anything in /EFI/CLOVER/misc.

GAalexandres

GAalexandres

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

So... now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy