ASUS Z97-Gryphon plus i7 4790K - two remaining major issues

3 posts in this topic

Hi, folks!

I used to have a Gigabyte H77-DS3H, alongside my AMD and Atom hackintoshes and my MBP. The Gigabyte motherboard fried, so I decided to go for reasonably hi-end gear for a replacement, since it was my workstation computer. So I bought an i7 4790K and an ASUS Z97-Gryphon, because of the possibility of a future Thunderbolt expansion.

With Yosemite, I had some problems making the HD4600 IGPU to work alongside my 9800GT and G210 cards, but got past it with the help of Joe75 and others, and the rest was peace of cake - everything works as a charm and my GB scores go north of 17K. With Mavericks, I'm having a harder time, and only got QE/Ci for the HD4600+nVidia cards this weekend, with the help of Crushers. Now, I'm having difficulties with enabling native AppleHDA for my ALC892 codec, having tried Toleda's script to no avail. Besides this, I need the StartUp disk feature to work, since I don't have wired input sources, only my Apple Magic Mouse and BT keyboard. It works from the Yosemite disk to boot the Mavericks disk, but when I need to boot back to 10.10.x from Mavericks, it ignores the command and boot back to 10.9.5.

So there are two issues, both of them relevant, and my own fixes got me nowhere, so any help will be much appreciated. Attached are an IOREG.ioreg and my current config.plist, tweaked by Crushers. I don't use a DSDT, so I attached also my clean vanilla DSDT.aml.

All the best!

Archive.zip

Hi, folks!

I used to have a Gigabyte H77-DS3H, alongside my AMD and Atom hackintoshes and my MBP. The Gigabyte motherboard fried, so I decided to go for reasonably hi-end gear for a replacement, since it was my workstation computer. So I bought an i7 4790K and an ASUS Z97-Gryphon, because of the possibility of a future Thunderbolt expansion.

With Yosemite, I had some problems making the HD4600 IGPU to work alongside my 9800GT and G210 cards, but got past it with the help of Joe75 and others, and the rest was peace of cake - everything works as a charm and my GB scores go north of 17K. With Mavericks, I'm having a harder time, and only got QE/Ci for the HD4600+nVidia cards this weekend, with the help of Crushers. Now, I'm having difficulties with enabling native AppleHDA for my ALC892 codec, having tried Toleda's script to no avail. Besides this, I need the StartUp disk feature to work, since I don't have wired input sources, only my Apple Magic Mouse and BT keyboard. It works from the Yosemite disk to boot the Mavericks disk, but when I need to boot back to 10.10.x from Mavericks, it ignores the command and boot back to 10.9.5.

So there are two issues, both of them relevant, and my own fixes got me nowhere, so any help will be much appreciated. Attached are an IOREG.ioreg and my current config.plist, tweaked by Crushers. I don't use a DSDT, so I attached also my clean vanilla DSDT.aml.

All the best!

attachicon.gifArchive.zip

Is your AppleHDA problem like this: There's no internal speaker, but instead headphone ?

• Like 1

No, nothing at all, the kext doesn't even load...

But the most frustrating and immediate issue is not being able to select the startup disk from the preference pane.
EDIT.: just solved the startup issue by installing the RC scripts on the 10.9.5 disk.