Asus N76VZ workaround

Flayv

43 posts in this topic

Wow, your DSDT seems to work a lot better ! With yours, my power button blink on sleep and no more errors whereas with mine, the power button is just off. I think you used a different intel framebuffer cause it makes my screen show only the top left quarter of a normal screen.

BTW, here is my config.plist.

Edit : Ok I got it, you just put a _DSM method inside XHC device while I replaced it with a big mess applying patches I didn't understand. I changed that and that seems to work, I'll make test report if everything is working fine. Thanks a lot ! :)

Edit 2 : Finally that didn't solve any problem, except the power button that now blinks. With just your _DSM of device XHC, instead of my USB patches, my laptop wakes up automatically just after he reach sleep, and USB devices are still ejected unproperly.

I changed your intel ig-platform-id from 01660003 to 01660004 (mine) because I couldn't see what was happenning on the right side of the screen, and with your DSDT, I get the message "disk was not ejected properly" too. The problem must be in my config.plist ?

Everything else seems to work fine with your DSDT (laptop doesn't wake from sleep automatically).

config.plist.zip

post me a ioreg and dpcimanager report

look my post here  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305050-10101-hd4000-no-qeci/

and here  http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2945-guide-for-enabling-vga-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd4000-gpu/

test with mine : config.plist.zip

but you need ssdt file in acpi folder of clover or only dropOEM in acpi config.plist

ps : path HD4000 2048 is disable in config.plist (just for test of perf video)

ps : smcd device is present in DSDT for fan speed with HWMonitor 

I've joined my ioreg but I'm not very familiar with DPCIManager, I've juste take screenshots. If you want something else, could you explain how to make something better ?

Btw, your config.plist doesn't seems to improve anything on my laptop (with dropOEM SSDTs). I still get the disk not ejected properly error. However, I saw you used -gux_defer_usb2, do you use GenericUSBXHCI ? I've dropped it since usb worked really fine without and didn't think to test it.

With your DSDT and config.plist, LCD is working fine, but there is something I don't understand. You said (in the posts you linked) that you get HDMI working. HDMI is not working for my laptop even with your files, but I've read everywhere that my laptop has his NVidia card linked to the HDMI and so it's not possible to enable it for HD4000. In Linux, I can't get HDMI working without NVidia drivers. 

The method you post allows to use NVidia ports with Intel or is your laptop using different connections ? Also did you finally get VGA working with Yosemite ? I've read there is no more support for VGA since Mavericks.

Reports.zip

my HDMI is working fine with auto detect audio

have you tested my method to find the port that enable hdmi (with clover but without DSDT) and after found the hex to change for activate LCD with this port

can you post your APPLEHDA or DummyHDA you are using

are you using vanilla kext

if yes tested my method to find the best port for HDMI

i am using a other method for audio but i think that it's not the problem

i have used the same method for another laptop with hd4000 and hd3000 and all is ok for hdmi

ps : i have not tested vga

sorry

Yes all my kexts are vanilla, I just installed DummyHDA and BTFirmwareUploader in S/L/E.

I've started to use your method (Reboot laptop with different ig-platform-id injected with clover, without DSDT), I removed your graphic patches to be sure it will not interfere but I'd like to know when your HDMI screen show something. I mean, I've never seen an OS X screen over external port and I don't know when the screen should show something. (Does it show something on the login screen or do you have to login to get it work ?)

Actually, without DSDT, NVidia card is not off and so it show the first line of Clover output in verbose mode and when the OS X kernel take the control of the hardware, my HDMI screen just get stuck with Clover verbose output while my LCD screen continue to show OS X verbose and continue to GUI. I've never seen an external screen show more than mine.

ok not a kext problem

my bios is version 205

but we have the same untouched DSDT

now , when you boot with 04 port in clover (without dsdt and clover patch) , have you LCD ok

hdmi video load after the bios 

but connect you hdmi after the complet boot 

your lcd must be black and tv screen ok

My bios is 214, I've upgraded it recently. I had 211 just before but I can't remember if I already had a previous bios version. With 04, LCD is working perfectly with QE/CI.

I'm trying with each id and keep you informed about the results.

Ok I've just tried with id from 00 to 09, with and without flag "nv_disable=1", and connecting my HDMI only once OS X finished to boot, but without success. I've tried with the config.plist I joined (just because dsdt patches allows to boot with less problems) and no DSDT.

Laptop screen is black for some of them but HDMI screen shows "no signal" (when HDMI is detected) or "verify cable signal" (when disconnected or for some id).

config.zip

Hi Flayv. Sorry for the delay. Was pretty busy. But yes. The soobwoofer works very well. It gets a separated volume bar so you can adjust the volume and so get the desired trebble/bass balance. The only drawback is you cannot vary volume using the keyboard keys. You have to go to the control settings -> sound and adjust there. Then using the volume adjustment of the player itself (VLC or whatever). Let me know if you got into trouble.

Hi Flayv. Sorry for the delay. Was pretty busy. But yes. The soobwoofer works very well. It gets a separated volume bar so you can adjust the volume and so get the desired trebble/bass balance. The only drawback is you cannot vary volume using the keyboard keys. You have to go to the control settings -> sound and adjust there. Then using the volume adjustment of the player itself (VLC or whatever). Let me know if you got into trouble.

Thanks for the help, I've already seen how it should work in Youtube, but it doesn't seem to be enabled on my N76VZ. I'd just like to know what is the exact name of your laptop but anyway, I drop the subwoofer and Intel HDMI for know, they can't seem to be enabled. It looks like Asus made a lot of differences even in similar laptop (N46/56/76 series).

I'll try to benefit from my NVidia card connected to HDMI to try enabling it through HDMI. Optimus can't work but Mac recognize the 2 cards and I don't see why it couldn't use NVidia card and output to HDMI. From what I understood, NVidia is just connected to Intel in addition to HDMI, like if it was another output, so I think if I could inject some properties into DSDT, I could use HDMI with my dGPU like Mac Pro can use each card for each outputs.

However I don't know much about dual cards in Mac so I have to get informed.

Subwofer (don't expect it to work using FN11 FN12 keys):
open configuration midi applications - click + at the bottom left - creates device with multiple outputs - right click on him - I use this device as the audio output and time clik on speaker (yellow rear) in the main window.
Now plug in your sub (source:
http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/3690-asus-n56-n76-mavericks-kextsdsdtapplehda/).

Subwofer (don't expect it to work using FN11 FN12 keys):

open configuration midi applications - click + at the bottom left - creates device with multiple outputs - right click on him - I use this device as the audio output and time clik on speaker (yellow rear) in the main window.

Now plug in your sub (source: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/3690-asus-n56-n76-mavericks-kextsdsdtapplehda/).

Yes I know, I've already told you that I can't see that yellow rear. Even with your kext, it does not appear in System Preferences nor Midi Applications.

Here is a screenshot if you want to see.

post-1081548-0-84997700-1434557574_thumb.png

Ok I think it's really possible to get NVidia to work on this laptop. After a lot of unsuccessful tries, like injecting DSDT, change boot args... I found this post : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285143-installing-mountain-lion-on-asus-g75vw/page-2

Basically, it's just a post about a laptop with only GT 660M (no optimus, no intel card).

I tried to do what people who don't know hackintosh do : remove NVDAResman.kext, and guess what ? IT WORKED !

I have NVidia card working and properly detected through HDMI, although I don't have QE/CI only for NVidia. This is a bit weird : my laptop screen is working really smooth but it sometimes slow down when I interact with the HDMI screen due to no QE/CI to NVidia.

Example : If I watch a video on my laptop screen with cursor on my laptop screen, it's smooth, but if I move my mouse to the HDMI screen, laptop screen almost freeze until I get my cursor back to laptop screen.

Of course removing NVDAResman is not the good method to get NVidia to work, it was just for a test, now I have to find the good method to get it recognized correctly.

I'd need some help from someone who knows how NVidia card works on OS X cause I really don't know anything about it. 

Edit : NVidia also works with nv_disable = 1 and I suppose with -x but I can't test, -x give me : "Error allocating 0x800 pages...".

Can DSDT injection make NVidia to work ? I already installed NVidia web drivers but it didn't change anything...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...