[GUIDE] MSI H81M Motherboards - Basics of a Computer Build - Budget Hackintosh Builds - UEFI Dualboot - OS X El Capitan WIP*

MSI Intel HD Graphics 4400 Intel HD Graphics 4600 EasyUEFI H81M NVIDIA Dualboot ALC887 Windows OS X

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Oh, the first page of the tutorial it say that USB3 works, and when i go in the download page for the H81M packs the release 0.7 say:

• Added updated patched IOUSBFamily Kext which enables all USB 3.0 ports, faster restart and shutdown speeds, and stability when sleeping and waking
If i decide to don't use the back USB3.0 ports, could you tell me if on El Capitan the wifi key TP-Link WD3200 works, or suggest me a driver or kext? Because i don't have ethernet cable and i really need internet on my desktop.
That's only for OS X Yosemite. I have not updated the pack for OS X El Capitan. As for getting the wifi key working idk. Someone with your key tried the driver from this website, installed it and worked for them. They were however using Yosemite.

http://store.bearext...te-compatiblity

RandyRaji

RandyRaji

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Has anyone managed to get HDMI audio working? I'm on 10.10.5 and I have an H81M-E33 with ALC887. I've tried using Toledo's utility with audio ID 1-3, but can't get the HDMI audio working. It does work with the 3.5mm jack. Any help would be gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

JKB MACPL

JKB MACPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi everyone glad to become a member. Great guide! I chose the MSI B85M-E45 for my build. Are there any differences I need to consider by installing OS X? Will the mobo package provided by you be suitable/helpful for me? It will be my first build. :)

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Hi everyone glad to become a member. Great guide! I chose the MSI B85M-E45 for my build. Are there any differences I need to consider by installing OS X? Will the mobo package provided by you be suitable/helpful for me? It will be my first build. :)

You're going to hackintosh right off the bat? I'd suggest you install windows to make sure everything works before installing OS X. If you install OS X Yosemite then the guide may work for you. There's not much difference between motherboards of this type. Make sure processor and graphics are compatible with os x to have less pain to deal with.

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Single Carburetor GoldWings
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...

Has anyone managed to get HDMI audio working? I'm on 10.10.5 and I have an H81M-E33 with ALC887. I've tried using Toledo's utility with audio ID 1-3, but can't get the HDMI audio working. It does work with the 3.5mm jack. Any help would be gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

If you go back and read everything on Toledo's utility, it doesn't do the HDMI audio. you have to use the green connector (center one on your motherboard) and connect to the matching input connector on your monitor/tv or external sound system. Or use USB powered speakers. I use the connector on my TV for sound in 10.10.5 with Toledo's script, and the USB Powered speakers in 10.11.1.

Funny thing. HDMI sound works in both Windoze and linux. no reason I can see for Apple disabling it in OS-X.

RandyRaji

RandyRaji

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I've seen other posts to get HDMI audio working with ALC887 on 10.10.5. But this involves running ##### 7.0.1 then ##### 6.1.0. What will happen if I run these on this build though? As this uses Clover and ##### installs Chameleon. Is there a way to get the kexts installed from the ##### versions without the bootloader being affected? The one I want is listed in ##### as ALC887/888b Current v100302.

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...

I've seen other posts to get HDMI audio working with ALC887 on 10.10.5. But this involves running ##### 7.0.1 then ##### 6.1.0. What will happen if I run these on this build though? As this uses Clover and ##### installs Chameleon. Is there a way to get the kexts installed from the ##### versions without the bootloader being affected? The one I want is listed in ##### as ALC887/888b Current v100302.

I can not comment of stuff from HeWhoMustNotBeNamed. I don't use it.

RandyRaji

RandyRaji

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I'd rather not use it as everything else is working sweet with Clover. But my point being that apparently HDMI audio can work on Yosemite. This isn't because of a particular bootloader, but the kexts and config, right?!?

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...

I haven't run across a kext  or the right config to get it working. It hasn't worked in any version of OS-X from 10.6 on up to 10.11.1.

I use a pair of Maxxtro model # 401238 speakers. Got tired of hunting for what ever would get the HDMI sound to work.

RandyRaji

RandyRaji

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Ok. USB speakers aren't really a viable option for my set up. It's in my living room and hooked up to the TV and sound system. If I go ahead and use the other wizard to get it working. Could I then copy the kexts that it uses and then go back to Clover and replace the kexts that it uses? If so, what kexts and configs would I need to copy back to the Clover set up? Is it just AppleHDA?

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Retired
  • 4,864 posts

I'd rather not use it as everything else is working sweet with Clover. But my point being that apparently HDMI audio can work on Yosemite. This isn't because of a particular bootloader, but the kexts and config, right?!?

No support from them? :hysterical:

At least read this: http://prasys.info/2...ymac-seriously/, to have a better idea on who they are...

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...

No support from them? :hysterical:

At least read this: http://prasys.info/2...ymac-seriously/, to have a better idea on who they are...

And that was back when we were all working on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. 

It hasn't changed any since.

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...

Ok. USB speakers aren't really a viable option for my set up. It's in my living room and hooked up to the TV and sound system. If I go ahead and use the other wizard to get it working. Could I then copy the kexts that it uses and then go back to Clover and replace the kexts that it uses? If so, what kexts and configs would I need to copy back to the Clover set up? Is it just AppleHDA?

Try this: ufo202 --- http://www.bhphotovi...02_USB_1_1.html

RandyRaji

RandyRaji

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Thanks. I got a bluetooth receiver for my stereo and a usb bluetooth adapter for the computer. It works well, was still interested to see if anyone knew how to get the audio working through hdmi though. Just because it'd be nice to do it if it can be done. Thanks for the suggestions though.

JKB MACPL

JKB MACPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

You're going to hackintosh right off the bat? I'd suggest you install windows to make sure everything works before installing OS X. If you install OS X Yosemite then the guide may work for you. There's not much difference between motherboards of this type. Make sure processor and graphics are compatible with os x to have less pain to deal with.

Thx for quick reply. Should have been more precise. I built 2 Windows XP PCs before and I read quite a few threads about hack builds before collecting my gear. There is just so little input on B85 builds, so I was a little insecure. Nevertheless my build with the MSI B85M-E45 is a success. Built in GPU works great, OSX boots with no prob. I skipped built in audio, because I use Apogee Duet as my audio in/out. The hack is a major leap forward to my worn out Mac mini late 2009. The only gripe is it doesn't always boot down fully. I had to manually shut down to make the fans stop.

Specs:
Mobo: MSI B85M-E45
Cpu Core i3 4130
Built in GPU Intel hd 4400
Hdd seagate barracuda 1 tb hybrid drive
Belkin FireWire adapter
500 w budget psu

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Thx for quick reply. Should have been more precise. I built 2 Windows XP PCs before and I read quite a few threads about hack builds before collecting my gear. There is just so little input on B85 builds, so I was a little insecure. Nevertheless my build with the MSI B85M-E45 is a success. Built in GPU works great, OSX boots with no prob. I skipped built in audio, because I use Apogee Duet as my audio in/out. The hack is a major leap forward to my worn out Mac mini late 2009. The only gripe is it doesn't always boot down fully. I had to manually shut down to make the fans stop.

Specs:
Mobo: MSI B85M-E45
Cpu Core i3 4130
Built in GPU Intel hd 4400
Hdd seagate barracuda 1 tb hybrid drive
Belkin FireWire adapter
500 w budget psu

You mean it doesn't turn off on its own? You could boot in verbose mode and when you try to turn off your computer, the verbose messages will pop up telling you what is happening when shutting down.

JKB MACPL

JKB MACPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
That's right. O sx closes, but there's no power down. It only happens occasionally, usually after I close Pro Tools. I'll monitor it and get back to you.

JKB MACPL

JKB MACPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

That's what I get when in verbose mode. sometimes it powers down sometimes it doesnt. I also used the power managemet patch, but it dondn't change anything

Attached Files

JKB MACPL

JKB MACPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I Think I found the solution. I activated the Fix Shutdown DSDT patch in Clover. The computer powers down after a longer moment. :)

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

I Think I found the solution. I activated the Fix Shutdown DSDT patch in Clover. The computer powers down after a longer moment. :)

I was thinking that it was a kext that was causing the problem, but if the dsdt patch works then your problem is solved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MSI, Intel HD Graphics 4400, Intel HD Graphics 4600, EasyUEFI, H81M, NVIDIA, Dualboot, ALC887, Windows, OS X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy