Acer Aspire 7741G, ATI 5650 Mobility, QE/CI working but problem when I connect HDMI or sleep

Nikita123

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

I got OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 running on the Acer Aspire 7741G with a few slight problems.

I used the cim method from terminal to create the installer, then added clover to the usb, I extracted EDID with EDID viewer in windows and I am using custom EDID in config.plist and I am using Flicker as frame buffer atm, I did not fill in the number of ports.

When I boot the laptop without or with HDMI connected everything is fine. I have QE/CI, without HDMI connect only on internal display, and with HDMI connected on both screens.

The problems occurs when I connected the HDMI while the system is booted, or when I disconnect en replug the HDMI the same problem occurs, the colors on my laptop screen get screwed up, like a yellow colors and very difficult to read the screen.

This problem also occurs when I enter sleep en wake up the laptop. sleep itself works, but also the yellow color problem is happening here.

I think this got to do when waking from sleep the wrong frame buffer is applied. I am injecting the graphics from clover now, but I am thinking about going to try injection from DSDT since I also made a DSDT and patched it with the patch file found on www.olarila.com.

I used this tutorial to get the videocard working.

I hope someone can help me out.