ASUS Z97-Gryphon, no QE/CI with H4600, a nVidia card, or both combined. Need help.

10 posts in this topic

I lost the entire day trying to solve this. First, using Rampage's Haswell DMG, but it seems the files won't work with my mobo (perhaps my Gryphon is not the 1.3 version he supports, who knows?). Then, trying some fixes of my own. Tried with the HD4600 only, with the Geforce G210 only and then with both, with the 4600 as primary monitor. If I drop all OEM SSDT, to use the one provided by Rampage, I get the waiting for root device error. If I use his config.plist with his SSDT, no QE/CI for me (in fact, I just realised that because of no translucent menu bar and Youtube and videos in general not running, otherwise graphics are running surprisingly smooth).

Here's my IOREG and my config.plist, perhaps someone can find a solution where I failed to do.

All the best!

Archive.zip

P.S.: I'm using the latest Clover version available on SourceForge. My BIOS was updated to the latest and greatest. I have also a 9800GT on the motherboard, it doesn't work as well.

I would recommend against using any RD files. I also couldn't drop oem ssdt in clover without getting waiting for root. Thankfully i had Pene to help me figure out my config when I used clover. Before clover booted for me I was able to boot with chameleon and grabbed the dsdt from there. I would try without any patches or drops to dsdt/ssdt and removing any oem DSDT.aml you have now in ACPI folder. Set injectIntel to true and let clover do auto patching until you can get to desktop. 

• Like 1

With the HD4600, use DVI or HDMI, DSub is a no-go. What brand is your Nvidia Geforce 210 ?

I use DVI for the HD4600, and D-Sub for either the G210 (Point Of View) or the 9800GT (EVGA). I should say none of the nVidias are new: I use them successfully, either with or without the IntelHD, since Mountain Lion (I had a flawlessly working H77-DS3H + I5-3570K but it broke, so I upgraded :P).

a mix of Madona with Justin Bieber not a good idea  :D  :hysterical:

Wow! Very helpful, man! Thank you very much!

I would recommend against using any RD files. I also couldn't drop oem ssdt in clover without getting waiting for root. Thankfully i had Pene to help me figure out my config when I used clover. Before clover booted for me I was able to boot with chameleon and grabbed the dsdt from there. I would try without any patches or drops to dsdt/ssdt and removing any oem DSDT.aml you have now in ACPI folder. Set injectIntel to true and let clover do auto patching until you can get to desktop.

Will do, Joe: thank you very much. :)

As an important side note, I had it working before for a bunch of days until yesterday. I mess it up when I made changes for TRIM and HDA with Clover Configurator (don't recommend it!), which inexplicably changed more than I asked for, breaking my plist. I don't know the modifications made to the config plist to had this result, though, and Clover unfortunatelly is backing up only the useless Apple folder inside /EFI Backups, so I had to start from scratch. Which leads me to another point, which I'll stress for myself, so I always remember when I read this topic in the future: never, never ever, use Clover in UEFI mode. It's cool, it's fancy, but TimeMachine won't back up the EFI folder, so you won't ever get a one-click restore to a working configuration, which you'll easily have with Chameleon or Clover EFI (which I'm now using again).

• Like 1

I use DVI for the HD4600, and D-Sub for either the G210 (Point Of View) or the 9800GT (EVGA). I should say none of the nVidias are new: I use them successfully, either with or without the IntelHD, since Mountain Lion (I had a flawlessly working H77-DS3H + I5-3570K but it broke, so I upgraded :P).

Wow! Very helpful, man! Thank you very much!

Will do, Joe: thank you very much. :)

As an important side note, I had it working before for a bunch of days until yesterday. I mess it up when I made changes for TRIM and HDA with Clover Configurator (don't recommend it!), which inexplicably changed more than I asked for, breaking my plist. I don't know the modifications made to the config plist to had this result, though, and Clover unfortunatelly is backing up only the useless Apple folder inside /EFI Backups, so I had to start from scratch. Which leads me to another point, which I'll stress for myself, so I always remember when I read this topic in the future: never, never ever, use Clover in UEFI mode. It's cool, it's fancy, but TimeMachine won't back up the EFI folder, so you won't ever get a one-click restore to a working configuration, which you'll easily have with Chameleon or Clover EFI (which I'm now using again).

Use 0x0d220003 will get your HD4600 to work. Get each GPU to work first, don't force them to work simultaneously, then we will talk about hybrid GPUs. Some GT210 will have DSub work OOB ( like MSI or Asus ), but Gigabyte GT210 need a patched DSDT to work. DropOEM=True will cause "Still waiting for root device" on 9 series motherboard and Broadwell-based laptops

• Like 1

Use 0x0d220003 will get your HD4600 to work. Get each GPU to work first, don't force them to work simultaneously, then we will talk about hybrid GPUs. Some GT210 will have DSub work OOB ( like MSI or Asus ), but Gigabyte GT210 need a patched DSDT to work. DropOEM=True will cause "Still waiting for root device" on 9 series motherboard and Broadwell-based laptops

My G210 used to work OOB with every system and boot loader I used up to know, including Yosemite - which I was using until my latest motherboard broke. The problem girl used to be the 9800GT, which nevertheless worked with D-Sub only (yes, D-Sub only). Thank you for the DropOEM tip. I just solved following Joe75 instructions and letting Clover (EFI legacy, UEFI never again!) do its magic.

All the best!