OS X mostly works. Need a bit of help

5 posts in this topic

So after many hours of trying various combinations, I managed to install OS X 10.10.1 using the Yosemite Zone distro. 

I have Windows 7 on one SSD and OS X on another HDD.

Almost everything works, I just had to tweak the Audio a bit though VoodoHDA in System Preferences and had to change the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to include the "msibase=0x90" boot argument under Kernel Flags.

It mainly works, but there are still some problems that I can't figure out how to fix. 

1. Some programs will crash. If I open DVD Player, I get a "{Name of App}" quit unexpectedly." message. Not all programs do this. I tried Chrome and it works fine. I tried both Bit torrent and uTorrent and the installer opens and installs the program, but once I try to open it, I get the same message. Steam, Office 2011, and Adobe Flash do the same thing.

Apps from the Appstore work fine though...

2. I can't access my iCloud account, nor Messages.

Messages tells me that an error occurred during activation, although once it actually signed in.

iCloud under System Preferences tells me I can't sign in because there was a problem verifying the identity of my "Mac".

However, the App store works fine.

3. One of, my keyboards doesn't work well. I have two keyboards. One is a GSkiller Sharkoon, I'm not sure what model. Whenever I press a letter, I get a completely different one. If I press "A", OS X thinks that it is an "H". I have an old Apple Keyboard that does work fine however. This is a really annoying problem because I prefer using my GSkiller kb because it's for gaming on Windows. I tried using the Keyboard Setup Assistant, and it can't recognize my kb.

4. When I put the computer to sleep and wake it up, neither keyboard nor mouse works. The screen comes up, but I can't type or move the mouse cursor. I even tried replugging them and that doesn't work. 

I'm using the Chameleon Boot loader v 5.0.132 Enoch r2700 according to Chameleon Wizard.

Any help would  be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by MasterofPuppets

update to 10.10.3

under 10.10.1 osx is bad with GTX 6x0

i have a GTX 650 which normaly run's ootb.

but if you play h264 video (in finder with space, or youtube with safari) it crashes.

it crashes if animations are rendered with webkit, too.

update to 10.10.3

under 10.10.1 osx is bad with GTX 6x0

i have a GTX 650 which normaly run's ootb.

but if you play h264 video (in finder with space, or youtube with safari) it crashes.

it crashes if animations are rendered with webkit, too.

All right. Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I was wondering if I can just update from the App Store, or if I have to download some other programs to successfully update. I have an AMD FX 8350 CPU, 8GB of RAM, GTX 660, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 4 Motherboard.

I don't know if you're able to see my "signature". I can't if I'm not signed in, but it if I am, then I can see it. 

I'm still a bit confused. When I download the patched kernel, where do I put it?

And after I put it wherever it needs to go, do I just update through the App Store, or would I need something else?

I'm still a bit confused. When I download the patched kernel, where do I put it?

And after I put it wherever it needs to go, do I just update through the App Store, or would I need something else?

I'm assuming that the "boot" file goes in /Mac HDD (this is what I named my boot drive). There already is a file named "boot", so I assume that I just overwrite it?

Also, the "kernel" file, which is 10.7 megabytes goes in the folder Mac HDD/System/Library/Kernels/ ?

There's a file named kernel.backup.