Safari keeps causing freezes, Can't update nVidia drivers

sld87

2 posts in this topic

hi guys,

build is a Sandy Bridge setup with a Geforce 560ti, running 10.10.3 and clover with no real problems up until lately.

Now, Safari is causing my computer to lock up intermittently, sometimes it will log out to login screen, other times it will hang all together.

Furthermore, nVidia advise me that my old drivers aren't compatible and have rolled back to OS X Web Drivers. Updating the drivers causes my build to KP after reboot.

Unsure how to approach this and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Totti

Hi :D,

Are you crashing with just safari or just with general easy work loads? I've experienced fermi freeze and it's triggered when the GPU is idle I.E, browsing the web. I'm not saying it is fermi freeze as you maybe aware of this and you did mention up until lately. But this sounds increasingly reminiscent of my previous experiences, I've had a 560ti on 10.9, suffered from freezes when the GPU idled and it was fixed with FreezeFix.

Also, I maybe wrong be wrong but I'm pretty certain that fermi (GTX 400/500 series) doesn't require the web driver and if you've contacted Nvidia directly they'd probably won't help you as there is no official 560ti graphics card designed for a Mac/OS X (As far as I'm aware). 

If it's not this, how long have you been running the system before these issues?

Did you experience these problems before the 10.10.3 update?

Have you searched the console logs?