From Chameleon to Clover on Asus X55C

Kaya80

27 posts in this topic

Hi guyz, i've this working machine, the first in my signature, that works well with Chameleon, but i'm not able to log onto iMessage or Facetime, but the problem it's not this.

I really would like to use Clover and make a UEFI installation, because it seems much better .

I successfully installed the system without any problem, everything works good and all the kext are ok.

Now i've two problem:

the first regarding the GUI resolution, 'cause when Clover starts the resolution is too small and the icons are huge.

The second regarding iMessage and Facetime, that i'm not able to use and log in.

If it could help, i can attach my EFI folder, so someone could help me with tese two little problems.

I try to ask for this in Italian section, but noone help me.

My resolution is 1366x768

Thank You

EFI.zip

Hi guyz, i've this working machine, the first in my signature, that works well with Chameleon, but i'm not able to log onto iMessage or Facetime, but the problem it's not this.

I really would like to use Clover and make a UEFI installation, because it seems much better .

I successfully installed the system without any problem, everything works good and all the kext are ok.

Now i've two problem:

the first regarding the GUI resolution, 'cause when Clover starts the resolution is too small and the icons are huge.

The second regarding iMessage and Facetime, that i'm not able to use and log in.

If it could help, i can attach my EFI folder, so someone could help me with tese two little problems.

I try to ask for this in Italian section, but noone help me.

My resolution is 1388x768

Thank You

Try this config.plist for resolution

Try this config.plist for resolution

Ok, i try immediately

You need a valid serial number and board serial number for iMessage to work.

You can take a look at this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/

Sorry but, i already generate a valid serial number for my Smbios, but now i don't know how to finish this process....can you help me please inserting in my config.plist valid values for MLB and ROM, i already tried, but always had problem with this...can you do something with my config??

Neither resolution on GUI nor iMessage and FaceTime works, resolution at boot is the same as previous, nothing change...for iMessage it gives me an error regarding network connection, but network is ok

sorry for the first post, i wrote 1388 instead of 1366x768

Neither resolution on GUI nor iMessage and FaceTime works, resolution at boot is the same as previous, nothing change...for iMessage it gives me an error regarding network connection, but network is ok

sorry for the first post, i wrote 1388 instead of 1366x768

That doesn't seem to be the SN or board SN problem. Do you have "en0" as your WiFi and did you set your WiFi as built-in?

No, my ethernet connection is set to En0, have to remove connection and set my wifi as en0?How to set Wifi as en0? i try to remove all connections and add again after restart, but even without ethernet, mi wifi has en1

Resolution always the same at bootloader

No, my ethernet connection is set to En0, have to remove connection and set my wifi as en0?How to set Wifi as en0? i try to remove all connections and add again after restart, but even without ethernet, mi wifi has en1

Resolution always the same at bootloader

Check with DPCI Manager to see if your wifi is "built-in" first

post-1534755-0-95773600-1432743254_thumb.png

no, it's not built in, maybe because i replaced it time ago...but i've the original one, is this the problem or not?

I don't think it's the card's problem. You probably need to play with the config.plist to make it "built-in"

Is your ethernet "built-in" by the way? Try to disable the wifi and use imessage with ethernet. If that works, you need to research on how to make the wifi adapter "built-in" in clover.

Ok, i try with ethernet and let you know...thanks but i did not found any guide on how to set wifi as built in, do you have any link please??With ethernet not works the same, and it's built in

My card is an AR9285 Vendor:168C Device:002B SubVen:1A3B SubDev:1089

Ok, i try with ethernet and let you know...thanks but i did not found any guide on how to set wifi as built in, do you have any link please??With ethernet not works the same, and it's built in

My card is an AR9285 Vendor:168C Device:002B SubVen:1A3B SubDev:1089

Sorry man, if ethernet doesn't work, that will be beyond my knowledge.

Ok , i hope someone else will give me a hand to solve this...can you help to find any solution for my wrong resolution on gui?at clover boot loader, when it starts

Have you tried changing to other theme and remove the resolution setting in config.plist?

I don't have my resolution set in config.plist. My resolution setting is blank and my icons are fine. I am using a 2560x1440 monitor.

• Like 1

Resolution is Always the same, i don't know how to solve this frustrating problem, the resolution is too bad and icons are too big.

For Imessage and iCloud i see in my RT Variables that the serial is missing, how can i add the serial?

Resolution is Always the same, i don't know how to solve this frustrating problem, the resolution is too bad and icons are too big.

For Imessage and iCloud i see in my RT Variables that the serial is missing, how can i add the serial?

My Rt Variablees page is completely blank.

That's my problem, serial in Smbios section is present, but if i run  iMessage no serial, serial failed....a lot of strange things on my hackintosh.Resolution that doesn't work, this problem with serial....i don't know why!!how can i add this damned serial on my machine?

Can someone help me adding a serial number on my system??it's the only thing that miss, MLB and Rom are ok, but if i run imessage no serial, serial failed, but i've serial in Clover configurator, it's really strange.....someone help me please

Hello, Can you please post a short info on how you got Yosemite to boot on this machine ? i am trying to do this as well on an x55c .

Thank you.

PS: i used your efi folder and i end up here, no matter what i select :

post-435455-0-35176100-1434281836_thumb.jpg