iMessage won't receive/send iMessages but receives/sends regular texts

9 posts in this topic

So I have quite the odd error. I have Yosemite up and running on Clover. Everything is running beautifully. well, it boots a bit slow, even though its booting UEFI, but thats another problem for another day. Today, this is about iMessage. 

It will send and receive regular TEXT messages, but NOT iMessages. I sent a test message to my mom, who has an iPhone also, and it forced it to a text. Which is better than what it was doing last night,...... which was sending texts, but not receiving responses. 

Messed with clover a bit, with the RTVariables, and seem to have fixed something. I have a working iMessages in my Mavericks install, with NVRAM, and I attempted to input that information, but obviously its not flying. 

No idea what I'm doing wrong.... maybe I'm reading the iMessage debug wrong... 

Your values in the iMessage debugged read out must be static and constant on every reboot of your rig, any changes in the ROM and/or MLB will result in iMessage failure of some kind. Disconnect rig from internet reboot at least 3 times (yes I know its a bind) and each time take a iMessage DeBugged read out and note any changes in the ROM or MLB values i.e. Null, Failed or Void - Good Luck.

so I attached my iMessagedebug i took from my mavericks install. and I cannot figure out how to transfer the information into clover. getting lost finding the MLB and the proper rom format

**********************iMessage Debug**********************

Credits: ElNono, mdmwii,flux84, sugarface, pokenguyen

Model: MacPro3,1
           Board-id: Mac-F42C88C8
       SerialNumber: QT8212N5XYK
      Hardware UUID: B066DC0C-BE72-5E13-A3B9-CD9598CD0906

System-ID: 805C9419-CB5B-D911-B72E-F46D0461A413
                ROM: ece9a50ef30b
  BoardSerialNumber: QT8212N5XYKSC5V1

Gq3489ugfi: 0b429c68cfc67f4508cba30244bf72cf99
          Fyp98tpgj: 8f6d3354f2ac11f0cb07694d10df670386
         kbjfrfpoJU: 1e5c43c67328bfa260416f5e1598456fef
       oycqAZloTNDm: 1f390edde27b274149701b46d8929228ff
       abKPld1EcMni: 7a51b288bf73d27871f1f61326ec269cda

7OmlDvML base 64

so I got the rom and MLB the same as in Mavericks, rebooted a couple times to make sure the values stayed the same...and no dice. didn't break iMessage, but it didn't fix it either. still sends SMS only. will not send iMessages. 

well, logged into my guest account and tried it. worked perfectly. deleted the iMessage cache and .plists, rebooted, and still wasn't working right. so i made a new user account and deleted the old one. works fine now. guessing the 10.10.3 update messed something up, or the chameleon/clover transition messed something up. so if anyone reads this that is having iMessage problems, try logging into your guest account and see if it works. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok here it is the video, there is something i didint mention: when imessages was activated, my iphone 5s ask me a code to aprove the activation, some code that will appears on screen of my hackintosh, i simply press ok button without put any code , since there was no code displayed on my screen, i dont know if that helps. i hope this can help everyone yo activate imessages .

also i have more videos, but i dont wants my email or phone number appears on screen, if someone knows about some app to blurry some areas in the screen?