[SOLVED]Having issues with installing Yosemite on Desktop

ifrit05

6 posts in this topic

Hey all. Disclaimer: This is not, by far, my first time trying to create a Hackintosh. Been around since the Tiger days. I currently have Yosemite installed on my HP EliteBook 8470p, I also own quite a few older PPC Macs.

To the issue at hand: I can't quite seem to get the newest (3202) Clover to boot the installer correctly from USB. If I boot normally I get the "Waiting on ...IOProviderClass...boot-uuid-media" error. I understand this means the system hangs due to it not seeing any root boot device.

I have tried putting GenericUSBXHCI.kext in the 10.10 folder in the EFI partition to no avail. If I boot without injected kexts it boots to the point where it exits verbose mode and hangs on a grey screen with the spinner. This is due to FakeSMC not being loaded AFAIK. (Due to Clover not actually injecting kexts, as the option states)

Specs:

Maximus VII Hero

i5-4690k

R9 280X

8GB DDR3 1600

I know people got it to work around the web using Chameleon but I want to be able to have a more "native" approach with Clover (Recovery Partition, and all the extra stuff that Clover does, not to mention it being a UEFI boot manager) instead of enabling CSM + UEFI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yup. That, and I add the Aptio Memory fix thing as the wont get past the "Boot UUID is:" Prompt".

Also, Now it's Panicing and giving me the dreaded "Can not find a driver for this platform", ACPI Error. I tired remaking the install media and tried diferent versions of Clover. I'm at a loss. I know someone else got this board to work.

I've tried editing my SMBIOS to say it's a iMac15,1, as thats the closest thing to my hardware I have. That didn't work either.

• 1 year later...