Yosemite / GA-Z97X-UD7 TH / i7-4790K Install Notes

dougaa

27 posts in this topic

• 1 year later...

Hi, for sound I sorted of cheated. For my builds, I've been using this USB sound device: http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI It's not overly expensive, and it's great, because you can plug it into any OS X machine and it just works. I'm sure it doesn't meet everyone's needs, but for me it's fine. I'll be experimenting with the built-in sound, and will use it if I can get it to work in a straightforward way. But with the USB device as an option, sound isn't a high priority for me.

I also plan to try out Clover, I guess it's the way of the future. But I started with Chameleon because I'm very familiar with it.

I've been reading that getting Thunderbolt to work requires running Windows with the Thunderbolt drivers installed one time. The speculation is that the Windows drivers do some kind of hardware configuration or setup that then allows Thunderbolt to work with OS X as well. But so far I have no idea whether that's correct or not. People are also saying that when Thunderbolt works, for a device to be recognized it must be connected and on at boot time.

Great Advice Thanks - I had a Griffin iMic in my drawer that I bought years ago.  Plugged it in and away it went.  Saved me about a hundred hours of work

Great Advice Thanks - I had a Griffin iMic in my drawer that I bought years ago.  Plugged it in and away it went.  Saved me about a hundred hours of work