Cannot boot into the installation

5 posts in this topic

Hello

I recently decided to install Mac OS X Yosemite with help of Clover. I followed all steps of this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298521-easy-yosemite-1010-final-usb-installer-updated-10162014/ and the other that is currently on Tonymacx86 website. However, when I want to boot up from my USB, it doesn't show the bootloader itself and my computer boots straight back into Windows. I have a feeling I forgot to disable some BIOS/UEFI settings but I am not sure if I had to change anything.

try reinstall the boot loader to your USBInstaller, put your USB in the first place to boot in the bios, or use F12 to boot your USB

I already tried to reinstall the bootloader to my USB, and I did use F8 (I have an ASUS B85M-G), clicked on my USB (booting it up to UEFI) but as I said, that didn't work.

Format a USB in FAT32 and install clover to USB, choose the drivers UEFI  in the installer clover, try again, be sure that your bios is set to UEFI Mode

My bios is in UEFI mode. Yesterday I tried to boot it up from a virtual machine using VMware, and that worked. Then I added the Mac OS X installer with the kexts I need and the config file, but then it did not work. I also added the HFSPlus-64.efi and deleted the VBoxHfs-64. Now the thing is, I didn't tried to boot the first thing up on my actual system. But I think it worked then. So I think I must've done something wrong by adding things for the installation.