Clover GUI OS 's HD detection Issue

Dajjal

10 posts in this topic

Here is the Issue i'm having on my X58A system in my Sig......

Once i reach the GUI i only see my Test Yosemite HD & Recovery.

http://postimg.org/image/g3yqa5mjb/

When i choose Exit Clover i see a quick b1f initL (or summ along those lines) then a Blinking cursor at the Top left then it comes back to the GUI then i see my Other HD's, Chameleon (Mavericks & Snow Leopard) and (Snow Leopard Without any Booloader files)

http://postimg.org/image/rrss4pbo7/

If i choose exit again i go into a Grey screen with options to add/change boot file & orders etc but it does nothing next time i reboot.

What I've tried without success....

1.All variations of Boot0 (af/ss), also the option to not update any MBR/PBR sectors

2.Adding custom entries (UUID's, also tried specifying boot file)

3.Create a USB with Only Clover Installed

4.Tried BiosBlockIO 

5.Boot options Legacy/PBRtest/PBR

6.Disable Quick Boot

7.Change Physical Sata Ports

The Only thing that seems to get it to read all my HD's is If i Format the test USB to MBR ( FDisk_partition_scheme ) but then i'll have to Change my OS HD's to MBR as well but i'm not quite sure if that's a good idea cause isn't it suppose to be GUID ? I could just use the USB to Boot from but i don't want that either so i'm stuck.I'll like to get some feed back plz.....Bless

Attached is Boot/Pre-boot logs.

Normal GUI bootlog.log.txt

Normal GUI preboot.log.txt

Exit GUI bootlog.log.txt

Exit GUI preboot.log.txt

• Like 1

Here is the Issue i'm having on my X58A system in my Sig......

Once i reach the GUI i only see my Test Yosemite HD & Recovery.

http://postimg.org/image/g3yqa5mjb/

When i choose Exit Clover it comes back to the GUI then i see my Other HD's, Chameleon (Mavericks & Snow Leopard) and (Snow Leopard Without any Booloader files)

http://postimg.org/image/rrss4pbo7/

If i choose exit again i go into a Grey screen with options to add/change boot file & orders etc but it does nothing next time i reboot.

What if tried without success....

1.All variations of Boot0(af/ss), also the option to not update any MBR/PBR sectors

2.Adding custom entries

3.Create a USB with Only Clover Installed

4.Tried BiosBlockIO

4.Disable Quick Boot

5.Change Sata Ports

The Only thing that seems to get it to read all my HD's is If i Format the test USB to MBR ( FDisk_partition_scheme ) but then i'll have to Change my OS HD's to MBR as well but i'm not quite sure if that's a good idea cause isn't it suppose to be GUID ? I could just use the USB to Boot from but i don't want that either so i'm stuck.I'll like to get some feed back plz.....Bless

Attached is Boot/Pre-boot logs.

Same problem here with legacy boot and using a hybrid partition table.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here with legacy boot and using a hybrid partition table.

Oooooh boy this is not a safe place to openly admit to using a hybrid partition scheme. Seriously, if your data is anywhere near important, don't use that. I would recommend making backups immediately if you haven't, you're sitting on a very real ticking time bomb. I just ruined my drive's smart status by running that and getting data corruption

@Slice

The Problem is the First time i get to the GUI i don't see my other HD's with their respective OS's, it's only when i exit then it comes back to the GUI with the way it suppose to be or at least how i think it should be based on how it looks when i just use Chameleon

@Slice

The Problem is the First time i get to the GUI i don't see my other HD's with their respective OS's, it's only when i exit then it comes back to the GUI with the way it suppose to be or at least how i think it should be based on how it looks when i just use Chameleon

understand now.

It looks like first time you booted one Clover and after exit another. Look your disks configurations and where installed what.

Remember sequence:  boot0(sector MBR)->boot1(first partition sector)->boot(on this partition)->CloverX64.efi(from any partitions found, USB priority).