Little help

rs4

11 posts in this topic

Hello first, this is my first build of hackintosh . Everything works , seems pretty smooth, but i have one concern about the graphics . So i've tested with geekbench my hdd hackintosh and my ssd win8 and they've got the same score. I can watch 4k on hackintosh and run 1080. But adobe illustrator and all other Adobe products that i use seem a bit sluggish than win8 friend . Is it about the graphics ? or what should i do what should i test ?

- Specs - i3 -4160
- HDD temporarly 
- Gigabyte GA-h81M-HD3
- 8GB of ram

At about my mac it states - Integrated graphics 1526mb , should it state HD 4400 ? it means graphics are not enabled ? The tranzitions on mac seem smooth and everything. 

CPu speeds ? i can't check them, HWmonitor only shows HDD temp...

Thank you.

Hi,

The Intel HD4400 is the CPU integrated graphics, the default vram size for OS X lies around 1500mb, this can only be changed by patching the framebuffer.

Do you have another graphics card beside the integrated graphics? 

For the CPU speeds/temp, like arthur-pt stated, use FakeSMC Plugins (ACPISensors and CPUSensors to be exact), they come with HWMonitor.

Thx for the fast replay! , well no i just have the ingrated in the cpu the i3 4160.  Yeah it sits around 1500 mb around  . But does it have to says HD 4400 ? to be truly working ? Cause my lightroom / photoshop are a bit slower not like miles away but noticeble .  And i dont think it's from the HDD and SSD difference hence i got same scores on bouth  sistems. Thanks for the link il check it out, im not very good at this because my first trime but il try.

It does not have to say HD4400 to be fully working, well not just that. 

An example, if i do not edit my framebuffer, it states Intel HD4600 7MB (Not working correctly, but i'm injecting a different ID as supported). If i patch the framebuffer i can go as high as i want, but i adjusted it to Windows values, 2048MB. (Working correctly).

- Do you have any artifacts? Different color pixels in the top menu bar or somewhere else on the screen?

- Are you using a DSDT, or injecting by the config.plist? (What ID's are you injecting? )

- Is it just lightroom/photoshop, or other applications also? 

This does not need to be a graphics issue, could  be power management or something else. 

So when i first install  it states HD 4400 with 3 mb , after mu-lti-beast  patch for networks ,1080p and other stuff just states integrated graphics with 1500+- mb . So far so good.

- i've not used this tutorial from here    -                 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304267-intel-hd4400-full-qeci-in-yosemite-1010210103/      -    to activate it. 

Nope, not really any artifacts tranzitions are smooth even when i abuse them , runs 1080p.

I inject these in  chameleon bootloarder   ,        along with the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext 

<key>IGPDeviceID</key>
           <string>0412</string>

I see so do you think my cpu is in a lower state like 1.6 Ghz  instead of 3.6Ghz  even if it states 90% usage sometimes ? 

Remove the tony url, it is not permitted here, see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

It could be the CPU states, post your config.plist and if present the SSDT. 

I don't know what the beast patches, so i can't go in to that, i do the patching still the manual way :P

Open up terminal and type: 

ioreg -n IGPU -lw0 -x | grep AAPL,ig-platform-id

or:

ioreg -n GFX0 -lw0 -x | grep AAPL,ig-platform-id

I see , well im a beginner first try :P im not that good ok il be back shortly .

Ok so this is my chameleon 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>IGPDeviceID</key>
        <string>0412</string></dict>
</plist>

"AAPL,ig-platform-id" = <0300220d> for the first line

"AAPL,ig-platform-id" = <0300220d> for the second line of code.

Ok i've done that but  - X86PlatformPlugin, ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, AppleLPC are loaded, type kextstat the terminal to see ...  

I can only find X86Platform plugin.. BUT  HWmonitor working showing all stuff 

​Update - so i've tested the gpu with luxmark i've seen other results on the internet and they are like 300 , mines 201 and it states image validation failed  pixels different 60% so it seems my hd 4400 not fully enabled.

Forgot to add - apple logo at boot after a while appears with glitches.

hi I installed Yosemite perfectly on lenovo m81 processor i5 2400,4gb ram, video card ATI Radeon HD5450 I created you and I came to the screen configure the mac, I arrived at the desktop I waited all the configuration but to restart everything Toggle Next It is locked with the bar in half. help what should i do