WindowsServer Crashing - Multiple Monitors - 10.10.3

Kondaxal

4 posts in this topic

When attempting to use three monitors, windowserver crashes. Running two 980s.

Two monitors work fine, but the third just seems to break it.

All monitors are running via DVI ports. Third monitor is DVI -> VGA.

If anybody could guide me to fixing this, it'd be great. Can't seem to find a fix myself.

Cheers.

Fixed it.

How did you manage to solve this? I've been having a similar issue with dual monitors and  a GTX 960 (1 monitor connected via DVI, the other via HDMI->DVI). The system randomly dumps me out to the login screen and it looks like a crashed WindowServer process is the culprit. I stopped using the HDMI port on the 960, and this seems to have solved my problem for the time being, but I'm curious what your fix involved.

How did you manage to solve this? I've been having a similar issue with dual monitors and  a GTX 960 (1 monitor connected via DVI, the other via HDMI->DVI). The system randomly dumps me out to the login screen and it looks like a crashed WindowServer process is the culprit. I stopped using the HDMI port on the 960, and this seems to have solved my problem for the time being, but I'm curious what your fix involved.

I don't believe HDMI works by default on maxwell cards. 

I played around swapping the ports. Sometimes the three monitors will work, sometimes instant reboot.